Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Healthy Foods after Surgery

Greetings! Looking for ideas for healthy, tasty food choices. A few of my faves at week 6 post op:
Chili
Riced Cauliflower
Tuna
Greek Yogurt
Soups with added Protein powder
Morningstar Grillers and Morningstar Breakfast Sausage (both veggie and high in protein)

Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated!

Grilled salmon seems to hit the spot lately. Slap it right on the grill like a steak. I was never a salmon fan before and now I can't seem to get enough of it. I eat it with grilled asparagus, romaine, avocado, peppers, and good tomatoes. Sometimes I shake some potato wedges in olive oil and rosemary, salt and pepper and grill them in a tin foil bag, too.

Steel cut oats with dried cherries and pecans.

Tofu chili

wonton wrapper cupcake lasagna

Protein Pasta

chicken stir fry

Steak salad with swiss and hard boiled egg.

White bean chili made with ground chicken - YUM!

oatmeal with cinnamon & a bit of applesauce & Splenda. Stir in some Fairlife milk and unflavored Protein Powder.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Hi Creek. Tell me more about the Protein Pasta. Brand? Ive tried the veggie pastas in the frozen foods section.

53 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Grilled salmon seems to hit the spot lately. Slap it right on the grill like a steak. I was never a salmon fan before and now I can't seem to get enough of it. I eat it with grilled asparagus, romaine, avocado, peppers, and good tomatoes. Sometimes I shake some potato wedges in olive oil and rosemary, salt and pepper and grill them in a tin foil bag, too.

Steel cut oats with dried cherries and pecans.

Tofu chili

wonton wrapper cupcake lasagna

Protein Pasta

chicken stir fry

Steak salad with swiss and hard boiled egg.

Do you have a recipe for the wonton wrapper lasagna you could share pls? Im trying to put together some recipes for post op and thats one i havent seen yet!

The wonton lasagnas are the BEST. I use this recipe as a base but make my own sauce (with ground turkey) and use Greek yogurt-based cream cheese instead of ricotta (which I don't like). http://traceysculinaryadventures.com/2013/03/muffin-tin-mini-lasagnas.html

I've made them several times; here's a post with more detail: https://www.bariatricpal.com/profile/332142-istytehcrawk/?status=406246&type=status

Oh, I also really like these crustless Hawaiian pizza bites: https://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/no-crust-pizza-bites/

7 minutes ago, istytehcrawk said:

Oh, I also really like these crustless Hawaiian pizza bites: https://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/no-crust-pizza-bites/

Hawaiian pizza is one of my favorite foods, thank you for both recipes! I have to make my own Tomato sauce as well, i dont like store bought.

Edited by Chrisb428

34 minutes ago, istytehcrawk said:

Do you know if both recipes can be frozen?

14 hours ago, Chrisb428 said:

Do you know if both recipes can be frozen?

I haven't tried freezing them, but I think the lasagnas would be fine. Not so sure that the pizza would hold up, because they fall apart pretty easily.

There hasn't been anything I've made with a Wonton wrapper that I haven't liked. I always have them on hand!

19 hours ago, Chrisb428 said:

Do you have a recipe for the wonton wrapper lasagna you could share pls? Im trying to put together some recipes for post op and thats one i havent seen yet!

19 hours ago, Gundy said:

Hi Creek. Tell me more about the Protein Pasta. Brand? Ive tried the veggie pastas in the frozen foods section.

I just use Barilla products:) https://www.barilla.com/en-us/product-results/pasta/range/proteinplus/?sort=alpha

They're made out of flaxseed, barley, and oats, plus protein-rich chickpeas, lentils, and egg whites, . Good stuff:)

Edited by Creekimp13

Can I use egg roll sheets also, I happen to have those on hand, or is there some difference nutritionally?