Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And yes there are a lot of sketchy Protein powders and we should be quite picky about the ones we use! But not all are sketchy. You need to make educated choices about which you use.

And not all doctors recommend leaving them behind. Your generalizations are inaccurate.

I never told anyone to not take GENEPRO. I let grown ups make their own choices. I do suggest they have all the information though and when people ask for ideas and recommendation I like to give information not just suggestions.

On 05/24/2018 at 14:35, moondoggie1983 said:

11 grams in the small scoop is still impressive, especially when it mixes better than anything else I’ve seen and the reviews have labeled it completely flavorless (except for some people suffering from synesthesia).

I don’t understand why so many people have such a big deal about this. It’s not harmful in any way. Plenty of NUTs recommend it. If you’re struggling with getting in the shake version of Protein, like I am, and the RTD’s are gross (which I think they are) GENEPRO could be for you. It seems to mix well with anything from Water to Mac and cheese from the videos I’ve seen.

It would be one thing if you’re trying to cram as much Protein as possible into one small dose, but that’s not what the selling point is to me. Also, like I said, the independent studies done show that there is protein in it.

All Protein Powder can be sketchy anyway, which is why most doctors want patients to wean off it and use food instead. They include ingredients that are not protein and try to say they count towards protein.

I’m not looking for a fight, but if you’re looking for a flavorless protein powder, this seems to be the best. If you’re just trying to cram a bunch of protein in with one dose, then you’re looking for something different. Since the OP didn’t mention wanting to get a huge amount of protein and just that they wanted a truly flavorless powder, I suggested the GENEPRO.
But when they say it’s 30 and someone is counting it as 30 and not getting their recommended protein it can be dangerous and is unethical snake oil.

Listen. I don’t care. If you want to take it, take it. There’s Protein in it. For lots of people it’s the only thing they can get down. If you don’t want to take it, don’t. And I like this place because people do give suggestions. If I checked webmd every time something was different from what my surgeon said, I’d have been in the ER like 6 times in 14 days. OP asked a question, I gave an answer. And I’m not the only one who gave the answer. So how bout we let people decide for themselves?

I also said “most doctors”. Which from what I’ve seen on the boards appears true to me. Just wanted to correct that misquote. And BTW, I wasn’t even responding to you in the first place.

Have a nice day.

05/24/2018 05:49 PM, moondoggie1983 said:

Listen. I don’t care. If you want to take it, take it. There’s Protein in it. For lots of people it’s the only thing they can get down. If you don’t want to take it, don’t. And I like this place because people do give suggestions. If I checked webmd every time something was different from what my surgeon said, I’d have been in the ER like 6 times in 14 days. OP asked a question, I gave an answer. And I’m not the only one who gave the answer. So how bout we let people decide for themselves?
I didn’t say not to give suggestions. I said I like to give information not JUST suggestions.

I’m giving people information they need to make informed decisions. You are giving MISinformation (all Protein powders are sketchy; most surgeons recommend getting off them; links to misleading studies funded by the product they are studying)

And I’m waiting for you to post your independent studies.

I’m not sure why you’re looking for a fight, but this isn’t twitter. You do you. Other people recommended it too. Save your drama for your mama. I gave my opinion, you don’t like it, and I don’t care. Bother someone else because I’m done with you.

Not looking for a fight or drama, looking for a rational exchange of information. I was hoping that’s what you were doing too when you send those links and said there were lots of independent studies.

But it seems now you just want to hurl insults. Too bad. I honestly would love to hear any independent studies. I can’t find any.

I’m just sharing an opinion with the poster as well. And sharing some science to support it so the poster can make informed choices.

This escalated quickly... but I have to agree. Opinion doesn't mean anything. Facts are the ONLY thing that matter here.

Here are some facts... from the lawsuit against Musclegene (the makers of GenePro)

"MuscleGen's claim that its GENEPRO product has 30 grams of Protein in a 1 tablespoon serving size and its use of the term "medical grade" are likely to mislead and cause confusion among consumers in that the stated protein amount is false, and there is no "medical grade" protein standard provided by the Protein Powder industry or the FDA. Further, SI03 faces irreparable harm, as the continuing false advertising of MuscleGen's products that compete with SI03's products poses a risk to SI03's sales and reputation. Conversely, MuscleGen has no protectable interest in continuing to falsely advertise its GenePro products. Finally, the Court finds that the public interest is served by preventing Defendant MuscleGen from misleading consumers to believe that a one tablespoon serving size of GenePro contains 30 grams of protein when the actual amount of protein is 10 grams or less."

https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20171213e89

So anyone's "Opinion" that GenePro is a good protein doesn't sway from the fact that people taking it are assuming 30 grams of protein when they are getting less than 10.... that's a dangerous assumption to make or to impose on anyone. In a WLS situation where getting 1/3 less protein then you are counting can cause some very harmful results. Personally I don't give a rats ass what you take for protein... but don't blindly tell people something is good, without also giving them the facts of the matter.... this protein DOES NOT contain as much protein as is advertised. You can't squeeze more grams of a protein into less total grams of product... It's just not possible. IE you can't fit 10 gallons of Water in a 5 gallon bucket.

So let's take a step back... clearly the difference between telling folks the truth and telling folks an opinion is vastly different and anyone getting upset over the truth... needs to reevaluate things.

Edited by Matt Z

The GENEPRO argument - and it always turns into an argument - basically boils down to the people who use it refuse to accept they are wrong. MuscleGen had to come clean and admit they were lying,but the people who were fooled don't want to admit they were fooled. I get it, it's embarrassing to be wrong sometimes. But adamantly refusing to accept the truth only makes the person look more foolish.

Perfect example was when I used to preach the substitution of Pork rinds for anything crunchy, because... you know, they are pure protein! Well, when I finally understood that collagen Protein is worthless I had to fess up and admit I was wrong. (I will admit that we still use the rinds to coat our fish when we air fry them.)

3 hours ago, BigViffer said:

The GENEPRO argument - and it always turns into an argument - basically boils down to the people who use it refuse to accept they are wrong. MuscleGen had to come clean and admit they were lying,but the people who were fooled don't want to admit they were fooled. I get it, it's embarrassing to be wrong sometimes. But adamantly refusing to accept the truth only makes the person look more foolish.

Perfect example was when I used to preach the substitution of Pork rinds for anything crunchy, because... you know, they are pure protein! Well, when I finally understood that collagen Protein is worthless I had to fess up and admit I was wrong. (I will admit that we still use the rinds to coat our fish when we air fry them.)

We've all been there and made those bad recommendations. But that's the benefit of doing it in a group setting, for someone to tell you that you are mistaken. It's how you handle it when you realize that you are wrong. Some people have the emotional maturity to admit it and move on, some don't.

Pork rinds! Yummmmmmmm!

I've never had them, don't really feel the desire to try them, but I just looked them up and, "Pork Rinds" aren't always made from Pork...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_rind

"United States

Pork rinds, sometimes cracklings, is the American name for fried or roasted skins of pigs, geese or other animals, regardless of the status or amount of pork in the snack"

So, you could be eating geese, or any other animal .... LOL that's a pretty wide net they've thrown.

1 minute ago, Matt Z said:

So, you could be eating geese, or any other animal .... LOL that's a pretty wide net they've thrown.

Well that's disgusting