Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Rejection - Answer to Port Problems

Lisa, glad you got this taken care of and that you and Lopez have mended fences. But do you think your immune problem could be the reason your body is rejecting any "foreign object"?

I wanted to add a little message to you too DeLarla- I hope things get better for you and I hope your able to prove everyone wrong and will be able to keep your band.. You have been though a lot and I am still new to the board. Your one tough chicky.. Good luck in everything.

Inamed's literature says that "connective tissue" autoimmune diseases are a contraindication for the band. Sarcoidosis is not a connective tissue autoimmune disease. Dr. Lopez knew I had Sarcoidosis before placing the band, but it's not supposed to be one of the problem auto immune diseases for the band.

I'm not familiar w/it at all, just trying to think of a possible reason why you're rejecting. I know we have another "future" bandster on here (in Alaska) who also has that and has expressed concerns about rejection problems.

Lisa, I'm so glad you were pleased with the experience with your surgeon (whoever he is) this time. I hope everything goes well with your appointment today with the local surgeon. I hope they can tell you why the wound is so painful. I'm a little concerned about that. If it's normal, I hope they can at least give you something for pain. I'm hoping a lot for you as you can see.

Nancy

Paula, you crack me up. Hubby would rather have a big Lisa than a dead Lisa as well.

As far as the phone call, no, I did not personally hear it, and Nora wouldn't show me the post (gee, I wonder why.) But Lopez discussed finances with me before I ever went to Mexico. At this point, I'm letting that whole part go. I'm concentrating on getting this stuborn ass wound to heal! I think it hurts so bad cuz of all the inflammatory tissue they removed. I have an appointment today with a local surgeon to take out the last 2 stitches. I'll let you know what he says. He's the real mean one that made the gaping hole in the wound a couple weeks ago. I decided to see him once more so I can stare into his eyes and show him the useless pain he caused me.

And yes, Greg, I AM looking for a 21 year old toy. Okay, kidding, but tell your son thank you for the compliment!

Hmm.. Since at the bottom of your signature it clearly states your surgeon was Lopez and since we all know who your surgeon was I did not think I was saying anything that everyone did not all ready know. Sorry if you feel I let the cat out of the bag!

Michelle, I thought I was the one that first mentioned his name! Everyone probably just assumed it was Lopez from the "Update On My Problem Port" thread. And Lopez is getting some positive publicity out of this - for a change.

Lisa - I just assumed Lopez did it too because of what you said in that post above. Maybe we all did. I think everyone is just happy you got a port again, and you can continue with your band. I honestly don't think anyone here is out to hurt you.

Now, heal up so you can get on the motorcycle and ride!

Lisa,

Thank you for telling us your story. I can't begin to understand what you have had to experience but I'm glad that I am aware of what can happen (I just got banded 3 weeks ago). I wish you the best and hope that you will have the band for a long time.

Michelle, I was playing with you, but I went back and edited what I wrote cuz I didn't want it to sound mean. You know me, I never stop kidding. I thought everyone would think Kuri was my surgeon since his name was under my signature till a couple hours ago (I changed my signature today.) Or at least Dr. Billy, since he's the guy I planned on seeing. No cats are loose anywhere.

The reason I wasn't ready to discuss Lopez yet is because I wanted to find the right words to say without sounding like a hypocrite. I looked into a lot of different options and shopped around for a new band surgeon. I guess everything happens for a reason since none of my other options panned out, and at the same time Lopez called me to make amends. At this point, I can't afford to have any hard feelings. Getting banded in a different country gets tricky. Billy said yes, but then backed away.

I just got back from having the stitches removed from my local butcher I mean surgeon. OUCH. This guy sure likes to hurt me, but he kept asking, "hey, am I the guy that did this to you?" Uh, no, but gimme an injection already! He didn't say much, except he did say that it was good for a bad wound to drain. I'm supposed to encourage the thing to drain till it heals. But all the stitches are out now so I should be on the road to recovery.

As far as my fill, so far, no good. I felt more restriction before the fill, but I've read that it often takes awhile for a fill to kick in, so PLEASE START KICKING. I really miss the golfball in my throat. Where did it go?

I hope you are feeling better. I am new to the boards - just banded on 1/12/05 but have been reading posts for about a month now. I feel like I already know many of you. Thanks for all of your information. Good luck with your recovery.

Thank you Q, and thanks again to everyone. This has been a frustrating journey, but there are people getting banded every day that don't even know about this forum. Now those are the folks I feel sorry for, cuz no matter how whiney or bitchy or nasty I've been, you guys have always been there to pick me back up. Everyone deserves a pat on the back, we are all doing a great job. We are all in the same boat - anyone of us can face rejection, infection, erosion, etc., at any time. At least I have a Band today, and I choke every time I look at the scale and see 70 pounds gone. Now when will this fill kick in? I guess I'm miffed that Dr. Kuri told me he gave me 1.8 cc. But then Lopez said I only had 1 cc, so he gave me 1.7. A new mystery - do I have less now than I did before? Where is my restriction?

Hey girl I had the golf ball but I gave it back today. I went for my second fill I all ready had 1 cc and he gave me .7 more and I have been sick for for a week. Today I had .4 removed and yes no more golf ball. I couldn't hardly get Water to stay down that was bad. You don't want that. Give it a few days you'll be fine. Glad you finally have some answers, and some resolve with Lopez.

Hang in there!!