Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Rejection - Answer to Port Problems

Lisa - why don't you give it a week or so first. Sometimes restriction takes a while. I would give that incision a change to heal a little first too. It would seem to me the more you mess with it, the more chance of rejection you might have. Take it easy, and don't take the chance of losing your band if you don't have to.

Lisa, all of my incisions itched for several weeks. Drove me CRAZY!!! I asked my dr about it and he said it was from the nerves healing back together. Eventually it stopped, although I do still get an itch now and again. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers that the itch you feel is a sign of HEALING!!!!

Lisa call your local Doc and schedule a fill, maybe then you will get restriction once you made the appointment..It happened to me twice. If not then go get a small fill, it can not hurt right? Plus see if what Lopez told you is true see if you truly have 1.7 cc's because I agree with you a .7 jump you should be feeling some restriction or more then you had ..This is why we get the band to help us with our eating and portions. The band is designed to be filled, right? With this fill I had on Monday my food obsession is gone. and Iam lovin it! I say go for it! Some Dr's will tell their patients after a fill if they still feel no restriction in 2 weeks the to come back for another fill .. You are no different and

you said there is a chance you may lose your band down the road or you think you may be rejecting this new port too then why not go get a fill and lose as much as you can while you can. Just my opinion :(

Delarla, I truely do hope this time you continue to heal. I really don't know how you have come so far with so many obsticles in your way. You are a very strong person who deserves to be healthy and happy and I hope you will have both.Take care of you !!!

I really want a little more fill, but I'm concerned with my new port. It's only been in place a couple week, so it hasn't had time to "become one" with my body. I hate to have someone mash around my port and pull it out of place.

Yesterday I finally ate 3 satisfying meals - all band friendly. I felt amazing. But at 9:00 at night, I couldn't lay still and got up and hit the kitchen. I ate THREE candy bars and a bowl of Dorritos, then went back to bed. The candy slides down like butter, no problem. These cravings are uncontrollable. I'm worried.

Oh, Lisa, this is such a roller coaster you're on.

Whatever the future holds for you, one thing you can do in the short term is to get the junk food out of your house!! If you only have a limited amount of time to live with the band you definitely want to make the most of it, and having that stuff within arm's reach is only going to make it harder. It may be comfort food but it's sure not comforting you, right? Chris will just have to get his fix outside the house for a while--you've got way more important fish to fry.

It's almost too bad you're not having any reflux--if I tried to eat three candy bars and Doritos right before bed I'd be in agony all night long! So it's just out of the question. Maybe if you imagine that your stomach will create acid when you eat that stuff that will, at the very least, keep you up ALL night long coughing and gurgling. It's just not worth it!!

hey lisa,

i am sure this has been suggested before but i cant help but say it...

THROW OUT ALL THE CRAP food IN YOUR HOUSE!!!!

i mean ALL of it!!! if i had ice cream w/choc Syrup, doritoes, candy bars, pies etc. in my house i would be in food HELL too! i LOVE food so to have all that stuff just calling to me from the cupboard would be cruel and unusual punishment!!

anything thats unopened give to a foodbank, anything opened trash or give to someone outside of your house.

restock your Snacks with things like nuts, beef Jerky, fruits, apple chips (NOT the caramel ones!!) cottage cheese, yogurt, applesauce...if you feel that you NEED chocolate dont stock up and buy several candy bars...buy 1 candy bar or better yet at gas stations here they have those minatures you can buy indiviually for a dime or so each...buy like 3 or 4 take them home and eat them. when you need doritoes dont buy a 'family sized' bag just because its a better value...buy those 25-50 cent bags that are childrens portions. and only buy 1!!!!

now if chris has a big SWEET-CRAP tooth...make a deal with him...you dont know how long your gonna have your band for sooooooo can he please:

eat all the junk he wants away from the house AND not tell you about it! if he has a place he can keep his junk food at work then send all the junk to work with him.

the only way to get control is to take it.

good luck lisa!!! you can do it!!!

GO GRAB A TRASH BAG RIGHT NOW!!!! THROW THAT SHIT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great advice from Michelle! I'm the same way -- I just can't have junk in the house. If I'm craving ice cream, I'll buy a scoop of it at a fancy-schmancy ice cream parlor, but no way can I have a pint (much less a half-gallon) sitting in my freezer. Maybe you should buy Chris a combination safe. He can keep his junk food in there but he has to swear that he will not tell you the combination no matter what evil tactics you devise to get him to reveal the code.

If you can't lock it up, throw it away. Pronto. You can always run to the 7-11 if you absolutely positively must have a candy bar, but why make it easy to torture yourself by keeping the stuff right at hand? Believe me, I know what you're going through with junk food -- and I bet almost everyone here can say the same thing. We're all behind you in your struggle to get past this.

I got rid of most of the junk yesterday. I have never, ever been able to live in a house with goodies, cuz they keep me awake at night screaming. Chris has his own drawer, and the crap he likes isn't even the stuff I get into. I had a bunch of kids go shopping with me and I let them go hog wild, which is why all that crap was in my house. There are safe goodies I can keep around for Chris that won't bug me (licorice, Hot Tamales.) Tonight I'm going to the grocery store after work for veggies and fruit. I love both, but somehow I stopped eating them as Snacks. If I can eat fresh veggies just one night as a snack... then maybe I can do it 2 days in a row. And I'm lucky that I love raw brocolli, carrots, even raw asparagus.

I also have no problem with individual sized Snacks, like lunch size bags of Doritos. Chris likes those in his lunch. If the package is small, it doesn't bother me. It's only when there's things in huge abundance that makes me want to eat eat eat.

Thanks everyone. Today's a new day, new week. I even exercised over the weekend, but then last night had to finish off all the candy bars. Coo-coo.

I want my fill back! Lopez said there was only 1cc in my band, while I was under the impression I had 1.8. Lopez filled me to 1.7 but I can eat too much. I need another fill. I need my restriction back.

Safest for me to break the candy habit altogether. I've never been a grazer or a muncher. I'm a quatity eater, so I'd have to eat several boxes. I'm having carrots and apples tonight. Period. Woof.

Betty, I agree to wait till my incision is healed. BUT... based on my history, what if it doesn't heal? I'm on a tight schedule. I talked to a fill person this morning, who is going to call my doctor and discuss my situation. I'll let the pros decide, but I do agree that they'll need to be really, really tender with my port. If someone can't do the fill on the first try, I'll have to walk away.

lisa i am alot like you...at first i would buy the single 1 oz serving of the sugar free candybars. not bad...later i discovered they sell them in 3.5 oz bags for cheaper. so i buy those and eat 1/2 one day and half the next...soon it is a 1 bag a day habit. i had to quit with them altogther. now when i do get a chocolate jones i do buy the Sugar Free Chocolate but only 1 serving and i wait till i am home to eat it.

i have been unfilled since nov 4 so i totally feel you! i went from my lowest of 207 back up to 230. now after 2 weeks of diet and joining a gym i am back to 223.

i am taking control too lisa....

Lisa - Yeah, I think just a little bit of time for those stitches to heal up at least would help. I know you want to make up for lost time, but just be careful!