Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric haul! What have you bought for your journey or plan to buy?

Hi everyone! My surgery is next week and I am about done with all my pre-op shopping. I have purchased:
  • 3 Different brands of Protein Powder: Delicious Dream French vanilla (24g), Aria Protein in chocolate, Vanilla (both 20g) and Vanilla Cupcake (10g Lower protein for a not so dense shake), and Isopure (25g) in 4 flavors, including unlfavored.
  • Premier Protein RTD (30g) in chocolate, caramel, vanilla, bananas & cream and strawberry.
  • Protein Waters: Protein20 (20g), Premier Protein Clear (15g), and Trimino (7g)
  • 2x Blender bottles
  • Multiple small plates (This was strongly recommended by multiple wls vets!)
  • Multiple small bowls
  • Milk of Magnesia
  • Colace
  • Bariatric Fusion Vitamins
  • calcium chews
  • Benefiber
  • Cheap slippers for in hospital stay (those socks suck)
  • Toilet seat riser (recommended by a soon-to-be sleeved friend on here)
  • Squatty Potty (I hear it works, so I figured why not!)
I didn't have to buy any shake/food equipment since I already had a food scale and the Ninja Inteli-sense system that has a blender/food processor/ spiralizer/ and some other random things (I have yet to use so not sure what they do haha)
And because I am neurotic, I've tested out dozens of recipes over the last few months and built up a little repitoire of bariatric-friendly recipes for me to try post-surgery for each different stage. I'll be making some homemade Bone Broth this week (Dad's a butcher so this comes out really really good!) as well as other quick meals for the first few days post surgery where I probably won't want to cook.
Now that I am reading over this I probably over prepared, but that's type of person I am.

Awesome!!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

The thing I bought that hasn't been listed, is an undated daily planner. I started using it one month pre-op. I like to plan everything out, and having it all in one place (vitamin schedule, appointments, meal plans, work deadlines...) helps me out so much.

14 minutes ago, chellyvillen said:

The thing I bought that hasn't been listed, is an undated daily planner. I started using it one month pre-op. I like to plan everything out, and having it all in one place (vitamin schedule, appointments, meal plans, work deadlines...) helps me out so much.

Great idea, now i gotta go add that to my list 😜

Carrying Protein Powder -on the go pre measured .. made me think of a baby formula dispenser. My sister has one and its pre measured to just open and dump into Water. Spout fits into the bottle top for no spills. I wonder if this would be good for Protein powders? ?

I am way off from my surgery date... but I am a planner...
This information everyone has provided is WONDERFUL!! this is a long process and this site has answered 99% of my questions/curiosities!
Thanks to everyone!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! My surgery is next week and I am about done with all my pre-op shopping. I have purchased:
  • 3 Different brands of Protein Powder: Delicious Dream French Vanilla (24g), Aria Protein in chocolate, Vanilla (both 20g) and Vanilla Cupcake (10g Lower protein for a not so dense shake), and Isopure (25g) in 4 flavors, including unlfavored.
  • Premier Protein RTD (30g) in chocolate, caramel, vanilla, bananas & cream and strawberry.
  • Protein Waters: Protein20 (20g), Premier Protein Clear (15g), and Trimino (7g)
  • 2x Blender bottles
  • Multiple small bowls
  • Milk of Magnesia
  • Colace
  • Bariatric fusion Vitamins
  • calcium chews
  • Benefiber
I didn't have to buy any shake/food equipment since I already had a food scale and the Ninja Inteli-sense system that has a blender/food processor/ spiralizer/ and some other random things (I have yet to use so not sure what they do haha)
And because I am neurotic, I've tested out dozens of recipes over the last few months and built up a little repitoire of bariatric-friendly recipes for me to try post-surgery for each different stage. I'll be making some homemade Bone Broth this week (Dad's a butcher so this comes out really really good!) as well as other quick meals for the first few days post surgery where I probably won't want to cook.
Now that I am reading over this I probably over prepared, but that's type of person I am.

Your list is great. I'm gonna use it.

1 minute ago, TaylorMade4One said:

Your list is great. I'm gonna use it.

Glad you found it helpful! P.S. I love your sunglasses!

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, Just4nise said:

I've collected a 2qt crock pot for making individual Soups, (that can be frozen and rewarmed easily), personal blender, shaker bottles, Vitamins (1 month worth only), True Lemon Water enhancers, and a small scoop for measuring serving sizes, (it's slightly bigger then a melon baller). Next on my list is a food processor. 20180422_155134.jpg

HW 302
SW ----
CW 284
GW 150-ISH

"I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful." - Unk

What is this for?

What is this for?

Serving measurements, its perfect for things like cottage cheese.

HW 302
SW ----
CW 282
GW 150-ISH

"I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful." - Unk

On 5/4/2018 at 9:20 PM, moondoggie1983 said:

I’ve got a case of the Optifast ready to drink shakes, baby cups, plates, bowls and silverware, unflavored Unjury powder, hail nail and skin Vitamins. I already have fun measuring spoons and cups and an immersion blender. My doc gave me Vitamin samples to try after surgery since things will taste different and they don’t want me to buy things I won’t like later. Cases of bottled Water, boxes of crystal light and broth out the wazoo. I’m skipping the scale for now. After a year of nutritional visits (and a lifetime of dieting) I know what 3oz looks like. I’ve also already had my pcp and psychiatric doc call in all my non weight related meds that I’ll keep taking in either the ODT or liquid form. My doc also provides a huge binder with everything you could possibly want to know about anything and since I’ve been going through it compulsively for 18 months, I feel like I’m covered. I’m not sure if there’s anything else I need. Well, I can’t think of anything anyway. I’ve also got the great Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies book and I’ve been tracking everything on the Baritastic app.
If I’m missing anything you guys think is crucial, please let me know, cause surgery is Thursday. :)

HW: 311
CW: 258
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

just a possible warning. My doctor gave me ODT meds (psych meds) and the new tummy did NOT tolerate them! I made sure I had some backups on hand to take just in cass. And I never did crush my pills, too bitter, made me throw up, just swallowed them at night in divided doses before bed. I'm 19 days post op now. As for Vitamins, my dietician recommended Flintstones chewable instead of super over price bariatric ones. And I have done weight watchers etc forever, BUT I do recommend a scale. WE all probably know what 3 oz of chicken looks l like, but you won't know what 1 or 2 oz of blended meat looks like lol! I got mine at Walmart for $10, didnt want to invest in a lot.

just a possible warning. My doctor gave me ODT meds (psych meds) and the new tummy did NOT tolerate them! I made sure I had some backups on hand to take just in cass. And I never did crush my pills, too bitter, made me throw up, just swallowed them at night in divided doses before bed. I'm 19 days post op now. As for Vitamins, my dietician recommended Flintstones chewable instead of super over price bariatric ones. And I have done weight watchers etc forever, BUT I do recommend a scale. WE all probably know what 3 oz of chicken looks l like, but you won't know what 1 or 2 oz of blended meat looks like lol! I got mine at Walmart for $10, didnt want to invest in a lot.

Deff got the scale, I want to journal everything I eat and the calories and there’s just no telling unless the measurements are exact. A little bit more here or there does count and will show on the big scale and I’d like to prevent that.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

22 hours ago, Kay07 said:

• 3 Different brands of Protein Powder: Delicious Dream French vanilla (24g), Aria Protein in chocolate, Vanilla (both 20g) and Vanilla Cupcake (10g Lower protein for a not so dense shake), and Isopure (25g) in 4 flavors, including unlfavored.
  • 2x Blender bottles
  • Multiple small bowls
  • Milk of Magnesia
  • Colace
  • Bariatric Fusion Vitamins
  • calcium chews
  • Benefiber

And because I am neurotic, I've tested out dozens of recipes over the last few months and built up a little repitoire of bariatric-friendly recipes for me to try post-surgery for each different stage. I'll be making some homemade bone broth this week (Dad's a butcher so this comes out really really good!) as well as other quick meals for the first few days post surgery where I probably won't want to cook.

I would love to see some of your recipies! can you post some OR email them to me? amyandgreg1234@gmail.com

Kay07 get the P P Peaces and cream, I really recommend it👍Me😝 and my little monkey friends🙈🙉🙊

I’m skipping the kid vitamins because from what I’ve researched they don’t give you enough of certain ones that you need after getting WLS. Also, I’m not doing the blended meats or baby foods. I’m not a big meat eater in the first place, and I dislike certain textures when it comes to food. I’ll be sticking to other options like puréed veg Soup, mashed sweet potatoes and scrambled eggs. If I do decide to have meat, it will probably be canned tuna.
If I end up needing a scale I won’t hesitate to buy one, but for now I don’t see the need as I’ll be using oz and cup measurements.
But we’re all different so whatever works for each of us while we embark on our new lives. :)

HW: 311
CW: 257
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC