Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric haul! What have you bought for your journey or plan to buy?

Image1525466701.467866.jpg

I find myself doing a lot of research before I buy anything. I feel very happy with my latest haul. What have you bought or plan to get to better prepare yourself for this journey?

I also got my new oversized sweats to leave the hospital in.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

So far I have bought my kitchen scale, New measuring cups, small 4 oz containers to prepare and freeze portions of Soups etc. A vitamix blender, a mini chopper. I bought sampler packs of Protein Drinks from 2 different companies. A few 4 packs of different brands and flavors of ready to drink Protein. Silicone molds for broth and soups. Still have a list of items to pick up (overkill, I know) Oh and 2 books.

So far new measuring cups,3 different kinds Protein Shakes, 4 different flavors, caramel, French vanilla, peaches and cream, blueberry, a mixing. drinking/cup, baby spoons 2-different sizes. small plates, small mug-type,cups, like you would Soup in, Rubbermaid small containers, couple teeny cups with lids, donated by relative overflowing with tupperware, she used previously for salt/pepper in picnic basket& measured 2oz. Want to get small scale and blender when Bariatric God's grant me a date. That's all I have so far😝

8 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

So far new measuring cups,3 different kinds Protein Shakes, 4 different flavors, caramel, French vanilla, peaches and cream, blueberry, a mixing. drinking/cup, baby spoons 2-different sizes. small plates, small mug-type,cups, like you would Soup in, Rubbermaid small containers, couple teeny cups with lids, donated by relative overflowing with tupperware, she used previously for salt/pepper in picnic basket& measured 2oz. Want to get small scale and blender when Bariatric God's grant me a date. That's all I have so far😝

I have also bought the shaker/blender cup, small spoons and cocktail forks as well. Forgot about those!

Cocktail forks ©heck! Small chopper,©heck! Let's see if anyone else has good ideas, bet they'll come,up with something we have fogotten!🎈📝😜

So far I have bought my kitchen scale, New measuring cups, small 4 oz containers to prepare and freeze portions of Soups etc. A vitamix blender, a mini chopper. I bought sampler packs of Protein drinks from 2 different companies. A few 4 packs of different brands and flavors of ready to drink protein. Silicone molds for broth and soups. Still have a list of items to pick up (overkill, I know) Oh and 2 books.

Wowzers lol i thought I went overboard but you have everyyyuthing. I need to get something to turn meat into purée but I can’t imagine eating meat the consistency of purée. I might add a scoop of unflavored protein to a jar of baby food but that’s as far as I may go 🤢

So far new measuring cups,3 different kinds Protein Shakes, 4 different flavors, caramel, French vanilla, peaches and cream, blueberry, a mixing. drinking/cup, baby spoons 2-different sizes. small plates, small mug-type,cups, like you would Soup in, Rubbermaid small containers, couple teeny cups with lids, donated by relative overflowing with tupperware, she used previously for salt/pepper in picnic basket& measured 2oz. Want to get small scale and blender when Bariatric God's grant me a date. That's all I have so far[emoji13]

I’m missing the baby spoons thought I could get by without but I’ll just get it

Image1525466701.467866.thumb.jpg.8ee1bbd1170e94256e382fbcae0887c0.jpg
I find myself doing a lot of research before I buy anything. I feel very happy with my latest haul. What have you bought or plan to get to better prepare yourself for this journey?
I also got my new oversized sweats to leave the hospital in.
Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

Ok, you guys are on the BALL!! I love it. Ok, where did you get your items? Amazon?

So far I have bought my kitchen scale, New measuring cups, small 4 oz containers to prepare and freeze portions of Soups etc. A vitamix blender, a mini chopper. I bought sampler packs of Protein drinks from 2 different companies. A few 4 packs of different brands and flavors of ready to drink protein. Silicone molds for broth and soups. Still have a list of items to pick up (overkill, I know) Oh and 2 books.

Which books did you buy?

Ok, you guys are on the BALL!! I love it. Ok, where did you get your items? Amazon?

Got everything from beloved amazon gotta love that site

Got everything from beloved Amazon gotta love that site

Yes gotta love Amazon. What stage are you in? Have you gotten your date yet? I feel like I'm frazzled and not able to focus on the things I should be.

Yes gotta love Amazon. What stage are you in? Have you gotten your date yet? I feel like I'm frazzled and not able to focus on the things I should be.

I can’t believe I’m saying this because I’ve wanted this so bad that it seems like a vivid dream but I already got my date May 14th and this is my 4th day on the liquid diet [emoji123][emoji51]

Are you still going through your clearances?

47 minutes ago, TaylorMade4One said:

Which books did you buy?

experts guide to weight loss surgery and the one from the dummies series... cant remember if its weight loss surgery for dummies or gastric bypass surgery for dummies. I have bought almost everything from Amazon. Prime junkie here...lol my cart is still full of items I wanna buy before surgery.

I can’t believe I’m saying this because I’ve wanted this so bad that it seems like a vivid dream but I already got my date May 14th and this is my 4th day on the liquid diet [emoji123][emoji51]

Are you still going through your clearances?

I’ve got a case of the Optifast ready to drink shakes, baby cups, plates, bowls and silverware, unflavored Unjury powder, hail nail and skin Vitamins. I already have fun measuring spoons and cups and an immersion blender. My doc gave me Vitamin samples to try after surgery since things will taste different and they don’t want me to buy things I won’t like later. Cases of bottled Water, boxes of crystal light and broth out the wazoo. [emoji23] I’m skipping the scale for now. After a year of nutritional visits (and a lifetime of dieting) I know what 3oz looks like. I’ve also already had my pcp and psychiatric doc call in all my non weight related meds that I’ll keep taking in either the ODT or liquid form. My doc also provides a huge binder with everything you could possibly want to know about anything and since I’ve been going through it compulsively for 18 months, I feel like I’m covered. I’m not sure if there’s anything else I need. Well, I can’t think of anything anyway. I’ve also got the great Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies book and I’ve been tracking everything on the Baritastic app.
If I’m missing anything you guys think is crucial, please let me know, cause surgery is Thursday. :)

HW: 311
CW: 258
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

6 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:

I’ve got a case of the Optifast ready to drink shakes, baby cups, plates, bowls and silverware, unflavored Unjury powder, hail nail and skin Vitamins. I already have fun measuring spoons and cups and an immersion blender. My doc gave me Vitamin samples to try after surgery since things will taste different and they don’t want me to buy things I won’t like later. Cases of bottled Water, boxes of crystal light and broth out the wazoo. I’m skipping the scale for now. After a year of nutritional visits (and a lifetime of dieting) I know what 3oz looks like. I’ve also already had my pcp and psychiatric doc call in all my non weight related meds that I’ll keep taking in either the ODT or liquid form. My doc also provides a huge binder with everything you could possibly want to know about anything and since I’ve been going through it compulsively for 18 months, I feel like I’m covered. I’m not sure if there’s anything else I need. Well, I can’t think of anything anyway. I’ve also got the great Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies book and I’ve been tracking everything on the Baritastic app.
If I’m missing anything you guys think is crucial, please let me know, cause surgery is Thursday. :)

HW: 311
CW: 258
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I want your big binder so I can obsessively read one more thing for the next couple months..lol I don't get one!!!