Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost quit on Day 1 of my pre-op liquid diet

IMG_1762.JPG

I was supper pumped yesterday and couldn’t wait for today to begin my diet but when I woke up this morning I almost convinced myself that I should start tomorrow and instead have salmon with Alfredo and ribs for dinner. Like I really had to talk myself out of it and get rid of everything else in the fridge. I haven’t experienced hunger pangs but I can’t stop thinking about all the delicious food I want to eat

Can you guys suggest any weightloss shows or documentaries that will keep me a little distracted?? Thanks in advance

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

I like ShrinkingDixieDS on YouTube. I think she is great!

Hang in there and just focus on the day you have in front of you. The rest will come with patience and being kind to yourself.

Day 3 was the absolute worst for me - I had a complete meltdown. I'm on day 14 now, down 15 inches and 16 pounds. It's all worth it in the end.

All the best,
Rania

Watch “The science of fasting” on Amazon prime...so good.
i also like skin right on tlc

Thanks.. I’m going to check it out right now

I like ShrinkingDixieDS on YouTube. I think she is great!

Hang in there and just focus on the day you have in front of you. The rest will come with patience and being kind to yourself.
Day 3 was the absolute worst for me - I had a complete meltdown. I'm on day 14 now, down 15 inches and 16 pounds. It's all worth it in the end.
All the best,
Rania

Wow you are inspiring.. i can’t wait to be where you are. 14 days away seems like an eternity.
Deff checking out that YT channel

I like to watch ClusieL on YouTube. She tells it like it is. And she’s funny. Day 1 WAS the worst for me! My head kept telling me I was hungry and I actually was physically hungry about 3 times. I’m on day 5 now and so far I’ve lost a little over 6 pounds. I know that doesn’t sound super amazing, but it feels amazing . By day 3 I had a bunch of energy, but I did start having a hard time lifting heavy things. I save my sugar free Jello for dinner and it really feels like a decadent dessert! I’ve also been making sure I get around 92 oz of Water a day. Honestly, I think it’s all the water that’s keeping me full.
Just take your time. I had my Optifast Soup and my jello last night and took 2 hours to eat that. I felt sooo full!
You can do it!

HW: 311
CW: 260
SW: We’ll see on May 10!

I like to watch ClusieL on YouTube. She tells it like it is. And she’s funny. Day 1 WAS the worst for me! My head kept telling me I was hungry and I actually was physically hungry about 3 times. I’m on day 5 now and so far I’ve lost a little over 6 pounds. I know that doesn’t sound super amazing, but it feels amazing [emoji23]. By day 3 I had a bunch of energy, but I did start having a hard time lifting heavy things. I save my sugar free Jello for dinner and it really feels like a decadent dessert! I’ve also been making sure I get around 92 oz of Water a day. Honestly, I think it’s all the Water that’s keeping me full.
Just take your time. I had my Optifast Soup and my Jello last night and took 2 hours to eat that. I felt sooo full!
You can do it!

CW: 260

Thanks.. I forgot all about the water [emoji87] I hate drinking water but I’m going to drink or at least try to drink 64oz a day. Right now I’ve had zero water. I know.. pathetic.

Thanks.. I forgot all about the Water [emoji87] I hate drinking water but I’m going to drink or at least try to drink 64oz a day. Right now I’ve had zero water. I know.. pathetic.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

I’m right there with you! I HATE water! Thank god for crystal light! Lemonade, fruit punch and raspberry lemonade are my go to’s.

CW: 259
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female

My day 1 was awful! I decided to have a bash at the bar the afternoon before I started liquids so I was hungover and hungry! By day 4, I was much better with getting my energy back and not feeling like I’m starving. I only want other things just because I want them but just have to keep the goal in mind. I’m down 8 lbs so far and day 6 is today.

HW: 321

CW: 278

GW: 180

Sleeve scheduled: 5/10/18

I love Clusi le on YouTube! She is fabulous

IMG_1762.thumb.JPG.d8e7b195aceabac4ce4b7dc61e20f498.JPG
I was supper pumped yesterday and couldn’t wait for today to begin my diet but when I woke up this morning I almost convinced myself that I should start tomorrow and instead have salmon with Alfredo and ribs for dinner. Like I really had to talk myself out of it and get rid of everything else in the fridge. I haven’t experienced hunger pangs but I can’t stop thinking about all the delicious food I want to eat [emoji30]
Can you guys suggest any weightloss shows or documentaries that will keep me a little distracted?? Thanks in advance

When is your surgery and are you able to have one sensible meal per day?

When is your surgery and are you able to have one sensible meal per day?

Hi [emoji112] my surgery is May 14th and I’m on straight Protein Shakes, 5/day to be exact. I can have raw broccoli or carrots after 3 days if I must chew. Idk how I’m going to make it. I really want spare ribs with pork fried rice [emoji24][emoji24]

IMG_1762.thumb.JPG.d8e7b195aceabac4ce4b7dc61e20f498.JPG
I was supper pumped yesterday and couldn’t wait for today to begin my diet but when I woke up this morning I almost convinced myself that I should start tomorrow and instead have salmon with Alfredo and ribs for dinner. Like I really had to talk myself out of it and get rid of everything else in the fridge. I haven’t experienced hunger pangs but I can’t stop thinking about all the delicious food I want to eat [emoji30]

Don't give up hun. I'm on day 3 of a 10 day pre liquid diet (Surgery May 10th) and I understand its hard but we have gotten so close to give up now. I wish i could have veggies but I'm on all liquids so sf Jello and sf popsicles are my bestfriends right now. Keep up the good work you can do it!
I've been watching the fat doctor on youtube when I have free time so I won't think about food. Just try to stay busy and hydrated.[emoji4] [emoji173]

Hi [emoji112] my surgery is May 14th and I’m on straight Protein Shakes, 5/day to be exact. I can have raw broccoli or carrots after 3 days if I must chew. Idk how I’m going to make it. I really want spare ribs with pork fried rice [emoji24][emoji24]

You can do it!!! Think about it this way, you've had those things before and it's time to give yourself a chance at something new for your body. One day you may be able to have it but just not today. One day at a time. You got this !!!

Im probably going to get slack for this. I have my surgery on 5/11 and have researched deeply on this preop liquid diet. I read this diet is suppose to make us go into Keto to shrink the liver. Technically to go into Keto, if you dont eat carbs and bad fats ( but healthy fats is ok) you will tap into your fat stores and shrink your liver quick. I.E, Eatting Cauliflower Mac is considered keto since its carb free...Its just Califlower with heavy cream, cheese, etc. All these ingredients is zero carbs, and very little sugar. I've read also depending where you are some are allowed to eat grilled fish with no salt seasoning and lemon, which fish is zero carbs. Other countries have different requirments like this one person on here lives in Australia and is required to do 30 days! Others like me have to do 14, and lucky few have to do 3 days. So my question is who's telling the truth?

Anyhow, I feel you. This liquid diet is crappy. Its not my favorite thing to do at all.