Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello: I am having my surgery tomorrow April 30 and I am very nervous

Good luck and be peaceful. It helps if you aren’t stressing. Just know you have made a big positive decision for a better life. You’ve got this. Check in as soon as you can so we can be there for you ok! God bless you.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:02 AM, niknik1986 said:

They told me to start my Vitamins and Protein supplements the day i went home!! I was shocked about that as well, yesterday was the 1st full day that i got all my Vitamins in my body lol. Trying to get all the Water in is also a challenge before the surgery i could suck down all needed Water and go about my life. I am trying it with tea right now to see if that makes life any easier....it kinda does lol. i also FINALLY slept in bed last for about 3.5hrs (i have been sleeping on the couch) i know that it will get easier, its just getting to the easy days lol. Oh i am also having to take injections in my stomach :( my Dr said that because i had "lower extremity" swelling (which i think in dummy terms which i wished he would have used for me LOL means my legs) so i got that going on in my life also. My poor stomach looks like the red wedding right now LOL so many shanks. I took a sleeping pill last night and felt like it helped meh, i have to figure something out. so tired of sleeping during the day lol

Omg, can we be best friends lol?! RED WEDDING!! I got 2 of those shots, one in the leg, one in the belly the day I went home. I'm currently 12 days post op now I finally was able to sleep maybe day 3 in 4 hour stretches with a weird pillow nest/jungle. After 3 PM my pain in my "big" incision (I'm sure everyone knows the one) is horrible and I literally cry when I get in bed, effing Tylenol. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I honestly would cut your Protein Drinks with milk (I did for a bit) and wait 2 weeks for vitamins, it's standard in bari world. Most places/people I've talked to it's 4 days Clear Liquids, then 10 full liquids then 2 weeks (maybe more) blended diet then soft food, vitamins added at 2 weeks post op. All modified as tolerated. Message me anytime, I can always use a buddy too, especially a GoT fan, if you're a Walking Dead fan we are seriously bffs lol. And my staple scars look like zombie bites

28 minutes ago, Pat Pac said:

You're making an awesome choice! I wasn't nervous until peop people asked me if I was nervous lol! Worst part is the heprin shot, jk that's just annoying. My hospital let me bring in my phone and ear buds for music for before you go to sleep. Remember to get up and walk after your surgery, you won't want to but you will heal faster I swear! 8 days post op got in the scale, 284.9 to - 277 . It's worth it. 12 days - 272. Note- I was 292.9 twenty-five days ago, and was 292 home from hospital. Don't weigh yourself for at LEAST a week lol! IV fluids pack on the pounds.

seriously, I'm only 12 days post op but if I could hold the band of every nervous bari patient, I would. You'll do great! Everyone here is great

47 minutes ago, Pat Pac said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

1 hour ago, Pat Pac said:

Good luck!! You will be fine, just remember to try to walk as much as you can and drink Water. I am to the point of pain now (6 days) that it feels like a bad stitch almost.

45 minutes ago, magpie26 said:

Omg, can we be best friends lol?! RED WEDDING!! I got 2 of those shots, one in the leg, one in the belly the day I went home. I'm currently 12 days post op now I finally was able to sleep maybe day 3 in 4 hour stretches with a weird pillow nest/jungle. After 3 PM my pain in my "big" incision (I'm sure everyone knows the one) is horrible and I literally cry when I get in bed, effing Tylenol. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I honestly would cut your Protein Drinks with milk (I did for a bit) and wait 2 weeks for Vitamins, it's standard in bari world. Most places/people I've talked to it's 4 days Clear Liquids, then 10 full liquids then 2 weeks (maybe more) blended diet then soft food, vitamins added at 2 weeks post op. All modified as tolerated. Message me anytime, I can always use a buddy too, especially a GoT fan, if you're a Walking Dead fan we are seriously bffs lol. And my staple scars look like zombie bites

We just became best friends lol!!! I will try to do more milk, i bought Isopure Protein and im seriously NOT impressed. So i bought some sample packs of different brands hoping i can find something i like that.

Everyone swears by premier shakes, they're like $7 for 4 at Walmart. I ordered some, supposedly they're not chalky tasting and 30 grams of Protein. I did high protein slim fast forever and I'm sick of it (I had to do 14 day full liquids pre-op diet) I do like pure Protein Powder, I use 12 oz fairlife milk (more protein) and I add a scoop of Cabot whey powder. It's 55 grams of protein total, higher in calories with all the added stuff but I basically make it 2 servings. Pure protein has some sugar but 25 protein.