Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Age 60 is the new 40?

2 minutes ago, Hope2018 said:

This is great! Very excited for you. I just got clearance from my program. Everything completed on my checklist. Now it goes to my insurance for approval and then I get my surgery date! Hoping for end of May!

That's awesome, congrats! Hoping all goes smoothly for you!

love how all you Texas ladies found each other. If you all are an example. Texas Rocks!😝

Just now, Frustr8 said:

love how all you Texas ladies found each other. If you all are an example. Texas Rocks!😝

Why, thank you ma'am! :)

17 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Thank you!! Feel free to join in!!

Well move over cause here I come, may take me a minute, I'm coming clear from Ohio and I'm not as speedy as I once was. Like Toby Keith I'm still good once as I ever was, like Travis Tritt I'd like to be 10 foot tall and bulletproof. But no surgeon better try to be mean to me, I can shoot a 22 and downed a 10 and half point buck with a heart shot, using hubs gun he thought I couldn't shoot. Did you realize, and i pointed this out to Mr Precious who,is now the late lamented, people and deer have roughly the same size and shape chest cavity? This means if I can down a deer with a heart shot, he had better mind his PS and Qs. Thought since I usually went squirrel hunting I couldn't hit anything bigger. Miranda Lambert got it right,I am H*** on Heels, red-headed and spunky. I may be 72 but I won't go peacefully. Imagine Reba McEntire on steroids, sure you still want to invite me? There must have been a fair amount of Ohioians at the Alamo, if not it must have been travel constraints. like I have 😝

27 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Well move over cause here I come, may take me a minute, I'm coming clear from Ohio and I'm not as speedy as I once was. Like Toby Keith I'm still good once as I ever was, like Travis Tritt I'd like to be 10 foot tall and bulletproof. But no surgeon better try to be mean to me, I can shoot a 22 and downed a 10 and half point buck with a heart shot, using hubs gun he thought I couldn't shoot. Did you realize, and i pointed this out to Mr Precious who,is now the late lamented, people and deer have roughly the same size and shape chest cavity? This means if I can down a deer with a heart shot, he had better mind his PS and Qs. Thought since I usually went squirrel hunting I couldn't hit anything bigger. Miranda Lambert got it right,I am H*** on Heels, red-headed and spunky. I may be 72 but I won't go peacefully. Imagine Reba McEntire on steroids, sure you still want to invite me? There must have been a fair amount of Ohioians at the Alamo, if not it must have been travel constraints. like I have 😝

Can you please translate to hip-hop for me?

Oh Sweetheart you done challenged the wrong,person , I have written poetry since I was a plump small spawn of Satan which was what my paternal relative called me. Fire up your beatbox!!
I'm 72 and good as I ever was
Cleaning living with no trouble with the fuzz
If I love someone, I love them hard
Able to shoot any critter that comes into my yard
I make a better friend than I do a foe
if you don't want to like me, then go ahead and go
Got enough booty to thrill Sir Mix a Lot
But once you meet me you know what you got
Help other Bariatric Pals on their way
Sure they'll return the favor when it's my day
This rhyme is nearly over, isn't that a thrill?
But I'll hang with you Texans if you want me still.
WORD
Never did care much for Daddy's side of the family, they were short, dark haired and medium complexion, imagine how I stood out😦💦

10 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Oh Sweetheart you done challenged the wrong,person , I have written poetry since I was a plump small spawn of Satan which was what my paternal relative called me. Fire up your beatbox!!
I'm 72 and good as I ever was
Cleaning living with no trouble with the fuzz
If I love someone, I love them hard
Able to shoot any critter that comes into my yard
I make a better friend than I do a foe
if you don't want to like me, then go ahead and go
Got enough booty to thrill Sir Mix a Lot
But once you meet me you know what you got
Help other Bariatric Pals on their way
Sure they'll return the favor when it's my day
This rhyme is nearly over, isn't that a thrill?
But I'll hang with you Texans if you want me still.
WORD
Never did care much for Daddy's side of the family, they were short, dark haired and medium complexion, imagine how I stood out😦💦

You're awesome!

7 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

You're awesome!

7 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

You're awesome!

Love it! Join us! I was

I'm 55 in July and I'm just starting my journey. My surgery will be several months off but I'm just reading all I can until then. The program i'm in is a slow one that lasts 3 years all together (they follow you 3 years after surgery to help you keep the weight off). I'm excited, even though it literally be months before I even get to pre op diet, I'm enjoying learning about everything as I go. Good luck with your procedure, lets us know how it goes for you!

Any questions you have that I or someone else can help with please ask. I am the poet above, yeah one of my diverse talents. 72 and planning RnY surgery, started in August 2015 a long strange story, more twists and hairpin curves than a roller coaster but hope to have my surgery within the next couple months. If you decide to hang around,and I sure hope you do, you'll hear all the chapters to the Frust8 story. Does have comedy turns here and there😝 Welcome Again!

Oops, somehow my previous post was cut off. Newbie here, sorry. Enjoying the posts so far. Love the creative writing! Originally from Ohio, lived most of my adult life in Texas, now in Florida. I'm so glad to hear the pre-op liquid diet is going so well. I'm feeling nervous about that and hope I can be compliant. I know we are not supposed to have the 'last supper syndrome' but I'm enjoying all my favorites while I'm waiting on my surgery date.

2 hours ago, Hope2018 said:

Oops, somehow my previous post was cut off. Newbie here, sorry. Enjoying the posts so far. Love the creative writing! Originally from Ohio, lived most of my adult life in Texas, now in Florida. I'm so glad to hear the pre-op liquid diet is going so well. I'm feeling nervous about that and hope I can be compliant. I know we are not supposed to have the 'last supper syndrome' but I'm enjoying all my favorites while I'm waiting on my surgery date.

I think most of us did some kind of "Farewell Foodie Tour" :D

So Hope2018, love your pen name by the way, where in Ohio did you come from ? And where in Florida do you live? How long ago did you become a Florida Gator? Haven't been that far south for,a few years. Hey do,you suppose if some Gator regards me as potential bait, Premier and other Protein Shakes might gave me a bad taste? Just looking for hidden benefits to a shake diet😜