Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Age 60 is the new 40?

Hey there!! It is now preop day #4 and I am doing okay. Had an allergic reaction to the Tylenol with codeine when I got home so had to get rid of the medication on Saturday and have not really needed pain medication since. I am sore but trying to walk around the house as much as possible. Able to sleep well in my big ole pillowtop bed which is so helpful.

Some off and on nausea the first couple of days but no vomiting. Have tolerated 2 Premiere Protein Shakes per day for last 2 days. I mix with Decaf or hot Water to make them thinner and lukewarm and they are fine.

about 60 ounces of water per day but it is going down easier today. First night in the hospital was a little worse than I was mentally prepared for...glad that is behind me. Most surprised by how tired I feel but I am just going with it and sleeping when my body wants to.

Surgeon said it went "perfect" and my liver looked beautiful....no fatty liver at all. They weighted me Thursday before discharge and I was up 6 lbs over preop and have not weighted since. Still waiting for poop but "breaking wind" like a champ.

Edited by MIZ60

1 hour ago, MIZ60 said:

Hey there!! It is now preop day #4 and I am doing okay. Had an allergic reaction to the Tylenol with codeine when I got home so had to get rid of the medication on Saturday and have not really needed pain medication since. I am sore but trying to walk around the house as much as possible. Able to sleep well in my big ole pillowtop bed which is so helpful.

Some off and on nausea the first couple of days but no vomiting. Have tolerated 2 Premiere Protein Shakes per day for last 2 days. I mix with Decaf or hot Water to make them thinner and lukewarm and they are fine.

about 60 ounces of Water per day but it is going down easier today. First night in the hospital was a little worse than I was mentally prepared for...glad that is behind me. Most surprised by how tired I feel but I am just going with it and sleeping when my body wants to.

Surgeon said it went "perfect" and my liver looked beautiful....no fatty liver at all. They weighted me Thursday before discharge and I was up 6 lbs over preop and have not weighted since. Still waiting for poop but "breaking wind" like a champ.

Glad to hear things are going well! Did you ever think it would be perfectly normal to post about poop and gas? We get to know each other very well very quickly! Hoping the rest of your recovery goes smoothly!

3 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Glad to hear things are going well! Did you ever think it would be perfectly normal to post about poop and gas? We get to know each other very well very quickly! Hoping the rest of your recovery goes smoothly!

Thank you so much!! I already talk a lot about pooping and farting with the kiddoes I work with so nothing new there.

I finally found the perfect spot on here!! I turned 60 a couple of months ago and am having VSG on May 2. I have been thinking about it for about a year and saw the surgeon for the first time in December. I am currently day 8 on the preop diet and am actually amazed that it is going so well and I am not struggling with it at all. Developed serious weight issues about the time I turned 50 and lost 40 pounds on my own doing Atkins. Then I quit smoking after 35 years and have gained 100 lbs. since 2009. Have been unable to work since 2016 due to severe asthma and back pain and (worst) unable to ride the motorcycle with my husband in over 2 years. I want my life back!!
I am so glad to find some peeps in my age bracket!! We got this!!

Hey Miz!

I’m 58 and just had surgery on May 2! Let me know how it is going!

HW: 225
SW: 214 (5/2/2018)
CW: 208
GW: 145

57 minutes ago, Gundy said:

Hey Miz!

Thanks for the honest appraisal as well as the inspiration! So glad to hear you are doing so well. Hoping to get my surgery date very soon!

22 hours ago, Gundy said:

Hey Miz!

It is going great.....today has been the best day so far with minimal discomfort and some increased energy. Hope you are doing great also!!

Hey Hope2018 with the slowness of my Bariatric Journey I will maybe be. a June Surgery friend.
Happy Mothers Day 2018💢 to you and everyone else!🌺😋🌸

Got my surgery date! It is June 4!

12 hours ago, Hope2018 said:

Got my surgery date! It is June 4!

That is awesome.....only 22 days away.....you are going to do great!!

Thanks and how are YOU doing one and a half weeks post-op?

Edited by Hope2018

1 hour ago, Hope2018 said:

Thanks and how are YOU doing one and a half weeks post-op?

Really great thank you for asking. All my power shopping yesterday got me down to 260.8 this morning which is 24 pounds gone since I started my preop diet 4/18 and 9 pounds down from my day of surgery weight. I feel really very good with increasing energy.

2 minutes ago, dhwalker said:

Just got surgery date June 15, I’m 67 very excited. Would like some close buddies too. 5’5” 225. Would like be be around 150.

Good news! It will be here before you mow it.

9 minutes ago, dhwalker said:

Just got surgery date June 15, I’m 67 very excited. Would like some close buddies too. 5’5” 225. Would like be be around 150.

Welcome and congratulations on getting scheduled. 150 seems to be a goal with quite a few of us. Lots of great information, support and fun stuff on here. Jump on in !!

14 minutes ago, dhwalker said:

Good luck with the surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Yeah!