Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Age 60 is the new 40?

3 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm just outside of Fort Worth!

I grew up in Dallas and Euless and went to college at UT Arlington. Our first house was in Grand Prairie, second one in Aledo/Willow Park. Many friends in DFW but it is WAY too crowded for me.

54 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

I grew up in Dallas and Euless and went to college at UT Arlington. Our first house was in Grand Prairie, second one in Aledo/Willow Park. Many friends in DFW but it is WAY too crowded for me.

I went to UTA as well. We've got lots in common!

How wonderful to find new friends! Texas girl here, (Hook Em Horns) - but living in Florida now. MIZ60 - you and I have a lot in common! Ex-smoker here too - much of my weight came on from quitting smoking too. You’re a bit ahead of me. I’m waiting on my surgery date but hoping for end of May. Good luck on your upcoming day. So glad to hear the pre-op is going well. I’m nervous about that. Let us know how you’re doing!!

Grew up in Houston. Went to UT Austin. Lived in Galveston. Lived in Tyler. Best friends in Grand Prairie, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. Married a man from Fort Worth. Woohoo!

16 hours ago, Hope2018 said:

How wonderful to find new friends! Texas girl here, (Hook Em Horns) - but living in Florida now. MIZ60 - you and I have a lot in common! Ex-smoker here too - much of my weight came on from quitting smoking too. You’re a bit ahead of me. I’m waiting on my surgery date but hoping for end of May. Good luck on your upcoming day. So glad to hear the pre-op is going well. I’m nervous about that. Let us know how you’re doing!!

I was pretty surprised that they were able to schedule my surgery so quickly after I finished the preop stuff. Would have been sooner but we had a little trip planned for my husbands' birthday and I started the preop diet as soon as we returned. Have appt. with my surgeon in the AM for pre-op visit.....I really like him since he is pretty straightforward and has lots of experience. I am a nurse practitioner so I ask some pretty detailed medical questions. For me, the preop diet has been fairly easy and as of this morning I have lost 9.8 lbs. in 7 days. I literally drink Water, Crystal Light and Powerade ZERO all day long. Most worried about giving up my Columbian Supremo coffee after surgery for Decaf but hopefully it will only be for a couple of week.

Hope your surgery date is set soon. Just noticed that we all have the same goal weight!!

17 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I went to UTA as well. We've got lots in common!

Graduated with BSN in 1988 and MSN in 1990. Practicing as a pediatric nurse practitioner ever since. I really love my job and anxious to get back to it.

10 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

Graduated with BSN in 1988 and MSN in 1990. Practicing as a pediatric nurse practitioner ever since. I really love my job and anxious to get back to it.

I got a BS Industrial Engineering in '81, worked for 15 years, stayed home with kids 15 years, Masters in Accounting '11, been working as an accountant ever since. I thought I could keep working after my twins were born, but I was delusional (I had 4 under 4). I had no energy left for anything outside the family!

1 hour ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I got a BS Industrial Engineering in '81, worked for 15 years, stayed home with kids 15 years, Masters in Accounting '11, been working as an accountant ever since. I thought I could keep working after my twins were born, but I was delusional (I had 4 under 4). I had no energy left for anything outside the family!

Originally had an associate degree in nursing and became RN in 1980. First job was hospital pediatrics and kids are all I have ever done. 4 kids under 4 is a full time job in itself!!

How bizarre. I’m a nurse too!

On 4/24/2018 at 5:13 PM, MIZ60 said:

Many friends in DFW but it is WAY too crowded for me.

I'm the opposite! I never want to live more than a few minutes from a large city. When I was 12, my parents moved from Connecticut to rural east Texas. I thought I had died. I moved to the DFW Metroplex when I was 20 and have never desired to live rural again!

Well I had my appointment with the surgeon and looks like I am good to go next Wednesday. Signed all the consents and already have all my meds/vitamins. Seems a little surreal that this time next week I will be post op. Not nervous at this point but a bit excited.

1 minute ago, MIZ60 said:

Well I had my appointment with the surgeon and looks like I am good to go next Wednesday. Signed all the consents and already have all my meds/vitamins. Seems a little surreal that this time next week I will be post op. Not nervous at this point but a bit excited.

Yeah for you! Best wishes!

6 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm the opposite! I never want to live more than a few minutes from a large city. When I was 12, my parents moved from Connecticut to rural east Texas. I thought I had died. I moved to the DFW Metroplex when I was 20 and have never desired to live rural again!

Loved city life in Dallas when I was younger but I just get fed up with the traffic and crowds now. We are close enough to Austin that we can go hear bands and stuff but I can not imagine life there on a daily basis. My best friend has lived there 24 years and she likes it. I don't think I could live too rural either; we have access to a lot of back roads perfect for riding the Harley but there are restaurants and shopping within a mile of our house.

Edited by MIZ60

2 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Yeah for you! Best wishes!

This is great! Very excited for you. I just got clearance from my program. Everything completed on my checklist. Now it goes to my insurance for approval and then I get my surgery date! Hoping for end of May!