Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Alex, truly if you can't see that this is wrong, that it smacks of favoritism, then truly my PMing you won't achieve anything. I don't mean to be a drama queen about it. But if Headhunter said "please post any warnings I got" and you don't, that must mean the mods don't want it known. One cannot help but wonder why?

And as many of us have stated, it's not only, not just, not even that a member was banned for infracting the rules. That is as it SHOULD be. It is how it was handled, how subsequent questions have been handled, that is the big issue. Speaking only for myself I'm a grown up. I try to be helpful. I try not to nurture dissonance. But anytime the "law" is practiced in private chambers, any time punishments are kept private, any time the truth must be hidden and obfuscated, something is very wrong. If you don't agree, my PMing you won't really be of help to either of us.

I am honestly sad about this; I have so enjoyed getting to be a little part of so many new bandsters' experiences, and in turn learning from the pros on here who have been banded longer.

But this is wrong. If so many cogent, intelligent, long term members are ticked, odds are it isn't because we're all giddy about a certain poster and piqued that he was banned. Odds are there is something wrong on a deeper level, there's a rat in the walls, as it were.

You must know this. I assume you've built the "infrastructure" of the board. Maybe it's time to look at it, check for cracks and stresses. Maybe you should hire some mods, enforce the rules across the board. That would be a good start. I don't know how to fix it, I just know it needs to be fixed.

But this is wrong. If so many cogent, intelligent, long term members are ticked, odds are it isn't because we're all giddy about a certain poster and piqued that he was banned. Odds are there is something wrong on a deeper level, there's a rat in the walls, as it were.

You must know this. I assume you've built the "infrastructure" of the board. Maybe it's time to look at it, check for cracks and stresses. Maybe you should hire some mods, enforce the rules across the board. That would be a good start. I don't know how to fix it, I just know it needs to be fixed.

Well said, RestlessMonkey :biggrin:

Alex, truly if you can't see that this is wrong, that it smacks of favoritism, then truly my PMing you won't achieve anything. I don't mean to be a drama queen about it. But if Headhunter said "please post any warnings I got" and you don't, that must mean the mods don't want it known. One cannot help but wonder why?

I'm trying to work on the LBT peace accord behind the scenes and now I have to be busy explaining privacy policies ;-) .

You've been around long enough to know that I'm usually fair and I do the right thing at the end of the day. I'm not favoring Susan over any other mod or member.

HH personally sent me a message stating that he understood why he was banned.

And as many of us have stated, it's not only, not just, not even that a member was banned for infracting the rules. That is as it SHOULD be. It is how it was handled, how subsequent questions have been handled, that is the big issue. Speaking only for myself I'm a grown up. I try to be helpful. I try not to nurture dissonance. But anytime the "law" is practiced in private chambers, any time punishments are kept private, any time the truth must be hidden and obfuscated, something is very wrong. If you don't agree, my PMing you won't really be of help to either of us.

Please be more specific. What in heavens are you talking about ? Ahhhhhhhhh come on! (Yes, that's me shouting out loud in frustration.)

HH was banned. He knew why he was banned. After he was banned, he signed up under multiple new aliases because he was ticked off. This is an extremely clear cut case for banning a member if I ever had to pick one.

As you can see, the topic did pique my interest :biggrin:.

I'm all ears......I'd still prefer PMs for specific private member or mod complaints. I play by the golden rule, treat others as you want to be treated.

If my LBT peace deal goes through I think it might solve some of the issues at hand. It's a tough job guarding privacy and having publicly available checks and balances.

Edited by alex

I really miss LJM. And also LaurenD- what happened to her? Seems lbt has a history of running folks off. :blink:

im still around ... mostly on FB although it looks like i've been unfriended by a couple there... dunno what i did, but i guess it doesnt really matter.. :biggrin: :frown: :wink2:

i got tired of the bullshit here... and with an infant and 5 year old, i deal with enough whining at home (i just at steak after a fill, i pb'd... oh pooooor me).... those posts just got me pissed off.

Lauren D requested to be removed from LBT i THINK partially because of the bullshit and i think a relative was being banded and she didnt want them to know or something? i am friends with her on FB and i will tell her that you were asking about her.

I did not save them, nor would I share them without consent, but I can attest to many reports of posts concerning HH--which is what began this chaos in the first place.

I did not respond to them at the time, because just as this happen yesterday, I read them after I get home from work, and was hours behind the complaint.

I am also honest enough to admit, that I for one knew I was not "quick" enough to get into a verbal sparring match with HH or with many of those involved in the ordeal!! I am not a dummy---I simply always think of the perfect thing to say----long after the perfect time to say it has passed.

I saw other mods handling it, and moved on. To be completely truthful here, I did not even read what was being said, just saw that they were on it, and moved on.

I did not follow it close enough to see moved or removed posts.

The only thing I DID see was the email notifications we get as mods when a post is reported. Whether it is reported for language, selling Nikes (or whatever) or if it is a picture someone finds offensive--we receive the complaint. Many I click on when I get home, the thread has been closed---the selling things for instance, so to see a message that a thread was closed is not unusual for a Mod that comes upon the situation late.

I am NOT making excuses for myself or anyone else, as I cannot talk for anyone besides myself, but this is part of the problem I hear members complaining about, is no mods being around. And I'm not.

I would like to say I will change that, but there does not seem to be a liklihood of that for at least a few more weeks. When softball ends, I will have an extra hour or so in the evenings, but I will still be at work all day and I am not in a job that I can even check in with LBT through the day. When I sign out here in a few minutes--and I DID get up early to check in here(!!!!!) I will be gone til after work, with no idea what happens through the day.

This place has definitely been a benefit to me in more ways than I can convey. I get great help with not only my band, but have made friendships that have carried over into real life. It is a place to vent to others who understand, that I might eat ice cream for dinner then bitch because I gained weight--they commiserate, but also provide the kick in the pants I need. I cannot get that elsewhere. I will be glad to do what I can to get that back.....

Just wanted to let everyone know I am doing good, surgery is at 1:30 this afternoon. I will let everyone know how I am doing afterwards as soon as I can get on again. Thanx for the info Kat.

Just wanted to let everyone know I am doing good, surgery is at 1:30 this afternoon. I will let everyone know how I am doing afterwards as soon as I can get on again. Thanx for the info Kat.

HUGE prayers for you G4E!! I hope it fixes the issue so you can feel better. Inform us whenever you can.

G4E, thanks for updating us. I hope everything goes well!

I think that if a Mod is suppose to take people to PM to discipline them then we should lift the unable to put a mod on /ignore... Other than for the Pm's

Sorry *Susan* is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Would create more harmony I think

PJTP...Wow...just, WOW.

G4E - hope all goes will with your surgery. :wub:

KC - Kudos and a big Woot Woot to you for standing up for that young lady. It's the kind of thing I would have done - at least I hope so - and I am so proud to know you! :wub: :wub:

I feel like I'm on the fringes here...read all of the 6 or more pages I missed, and I'm all caught up now. I'm sad about the way this is going - for many reasons. :bored:

I came to this site when I was considering WLS, because all I'd heard about was the bypass - I didn't want a bypass, I wanted to know what else was out there. I found LBT. I have really, truly enjoyed my time here and found some great friends.

I can say I haven't had any problems with anyone - no PM's, nothing controversial. I guess that could mean that I'm not involved enough...

I too miss HH - I understand most of that situation, but I think 100% disclosure on it would help some people. I have seen some really offensive posts here - in many parts of the site - and have only "heard" about others because they are deleted before I get here.

I do hope the situation rectifies itself - I can't say how that will happen, but I don't want to lose this community. :smile2:

That said - the real reason I originally came on today was to report that I am finally, truly and completely in

:lol::lol::lol::lol:ONEDERLAND!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been struggling for a while (about 6 weeks) with a stall at 205 lbs. Y'all all know I was whining a bit about it, and I got wonderful support from the folks in this thread and a couple of others. :wub:

I weighed yesterday and noticed I was at 199 lbs. I thought it was kind of a fluke, having just finished the Diabetes walk on Sunday, so I didn't mention it. I'd hate to have to put the ticker back up over 200 after posting it publicly! :eek:

Today, I stepped on the scale and I was at 196 lbs. I haven't been that light since I was 16 years old. My mom took me to the doctor at age 9 and he told us then that if I didn't watch my weight, I'd break the 200 mark by the time I reached 18. Overachiever that I was, I made it at age 16.

This is the lightest I've EVER been since reaching puberty...and I'm not done yet. I figure another 20 - 30 lbs and I should be off the diabetes meds and ready to call the weight loss part of my journey over and done.

For all those who have been my inspiration, my friends and my supporters, THANK YOU. For all those that gave me a swift kick in my rapidly-reducing-heinie when I needed it, THANK YOU.

The next phase of my banded life has begun, and I wouldn't be here without all of you. If I try to list everyone's names, I'm sure to forget someone, but hopefully you know how much you all mean to me.

From the bottom of my heart and soul, Thank you. You've helped me to take my life back, and I can't say it enough...Thank You!:wub:

Edited by EbonyRose

Congrats Ebony!! Nothing feels better than Onederland :smile2:

Thanks Brandy - you are one of my inspirations! :bored: