Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So all this drama got me to come back and say "Hi!"

So, Hi! :thumbdown:

My 1 year anniversary is tomorrow. Whoot whoot to me. My son is 18 next week. Um, yeah? I promised him my old car, but he still doesn't have his license.

I got a triathlon coach! Hopefully this will improve my performances next season and get me through the Half-ironman next month.

Well I'm sorry I missed you all here today - oddly I stopped getting notifications that new posts had been made.

Hoping this post will rectify that!

My thoughts and prayers for you all!

Now Glou - let's get facts straight - not distant enough to refrain from ridiculing a poster's amount of drinking or to tell her to "take it down a notch"

still unsure about the appropriateness of those remarks

So all this drama got me to come back and say "Hi!"

So, Hi! :thumbdown:

My 1 year anniversary is tomorrow. Whoot whoot to me. My son is 18 next week. Um, yeah? I promised him my old car, but he still doesn't have his license.

I got a triathlon coach! Hopefully this will improve my performances next season and get me through the Half-ironman next month.

Because I know I'll miss it tomorrow because I will be in school, I'll say my congrats today! Omg, you look so fab I thought you had your band longer! WOW! :thumbup:

I have pretty much stayed out of the “drama” and let Alex deal with things the past few days. However, I did want to comment on a couple of things. First being, I love this site and I love Alex’s sleeve site as well. I am passionate about weight loss, helping others in their efforts to lose weight, and gaining the support I need as I also continue in my weight loss journey. Alex has done a great job building his weight loss forums and I, as well as hundreds and hundreds of other people get the support they need as a result of his vision. A couple had indicated because I no longer have the band, I do not belong on this site anymore. True, I am now sleeved. However, I am still a person who has had three years of personal experience with the band. I am still a person who has experienced weight loss surgery. And, I am still a person who is battling against the disease of obesity. That is a common struggle all of us share. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t be here. Saying I don’t belong here because I am sleeved is like saying, “you have reached goal, are no longer obese and therefore you don’t belong on this site anymore.” It just doesn’t fly. The bottom line is, as I said, I am passionate about weight loss and supporting others in their efforts. That is what this and Alex’s forums are about. That is the common goal we all share. Whether we are just starting, revisions, or at goal, we all still share that common battle of obesity, and we all deserve to be here and help each other out in any manner that we can.

Some of you started voicing your “opinions” that I should step down as administrator on this site. However, I sleep well knowing that overall, I feel like I do a very good job for Alex. He has done a great deal for me, and I am happy and honored that he allows me to be a part of his forums and do what I do for him. And, while there have been seven or eight people who were very adamant that I resign, I have learned there are far, far more people who appreciate what I do. To all of those who have sent me emails, pm’s, Facebook messages, etc., thank you. Thank you so much for showing me your support and that you do care and do feel I am doing a good job on these forums. The numbers who have contacted me in a show of support far, far outnumber those few here that do not appreciate what I do. I am okay with that. Not everyone in life is going to like you. We just have to do the best we can every day. I know I am doing that. And, I will continue to do that.

I think it is time for all of this to end. We have over 72,000 members on this site. Only a few of those seem to be unhappy. And, unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, Alex tries, or anyone tries whether it be on the internet, at work, or anywhere else in our lives, you simply cannot please everyone. You either accept things, or you move on. Life is too short to carry over such anger and hatred. And to allow something to continue to eat at you, and to continue to fester is unhealthy.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lulu - do those 'panties' come in high cut - I'm interested!

screw the golf claps......

can I get a whoo whoo and high five for my girl LULU!

I make it public (again) - I vote she step down!

Well this is sad. I must have missed a whole heap of drama in the last few days, when I have been MIA, as I have absolutely no idea what this is all about. However, I must say that regardless of whatever personal issues people might have been having amongst themselves, I've always enjoyed the fact that this group has, until now, managed to keep those to other threads and not spoil the fellowship atmosphere of this thread.

Given that this is no longer the case and it seems that several people have chosen to sully this haven with their squabbles, I think I shall wave goodbye and wish you all luck in the future...

Well - while we're making things public and all - just thought I'd throw something out to Mr Lapbandtalk (ALEX)

Now I seem to recall you saying you weren't going to respond any further unless it was PM.

But that's a chicken shit way to get in a public verbal war of words, get the last say and then state that nothing else can be said publicly.

I call for an apology (multiple actually - although I'm afraid there are probably more needed than I will currently remember)

If you hope to redeem any sense of public dignity (not that I expect you to care - but let's imagine for a second that you might care what impression you are leaving on new people coming to your cash cow for the first time)

I believe an apology is due to Lulu for your statement regarding her attitude.

I also believe you owe an apology to myself for your callous and insensitive remark pertaining to the size of my alcoholic beverage that night and to the fact that you suggest we should have one.

Furthermore you should retract your words regarding my language being "combative" - oh forgive me for daring to voice opposition to the poorly made and personal vendetta based decisions of people doing your bidding - this is a free country and a public site - it is my right.

Unlike some of the responses coming from some at LBT - I at least had evidence for the points I made.

Not that I expect an answer - but I'm putting it out there for all to see!

Because I know I'll miss it tomorrow because I will be in school, I'll say my congrats today! Omg, you look so fab I thought you had your band longer! WOW! :thumbup:

I thought it was a sleeve... Nevermind they are the same.

well i do have my big girl victim panties on - so i can take the hits; not wait for the big bad wolf to PM me.

Arent' all fat chicks panties big girls? Nvm you're some skinny chick with jillian arms eh!?

Yer hawt and I <3 you too bad I am not gay.

Yeah, I was gonna say... :thumbdown:
I have pretty much stayed out of the “drama” and let Alex deal with things the past few days. No you haven't you have created it 10 fold. Check my posts on here. I am dormant until you run to my Facebook page and bash one of my friends.

However, I did want to comment on a couple of things. First being, I love this site and I love Alex’s sleeve site as well. I am passionate about weight loss, helping others in their efforts to lose weight, and gaining the support I need as I also continue in my weight loss journey. Alex has done a great job building his weight loss forums and I, as well as hundreds and hundreds of other people get the support they need as a result of his vision. I am sure he makes enough to maintain the site along with some coinage in his pocket. I am not worried about that it's a business move.

A couple had indicated because I no longer have the band, I do not belong on this site anymore. True, I am now sleeved. However, I am still a person who has had three years of personal experience with the band. I am still a person who has experienced weight loss surgery. We dont run to gastric bypass forums for assistance nor would I google a sleeve forum for help with my LAP-BAND®®. I think that if you don't have a band if you're not a 'bandster' per se you should move on to modding ONLY the sleeves. You cannot tell me what I am doing wrong in 5 years because you will only know from reading posts from people that have dealt with it that long... you wont know. I have a 13 year old I will say it again I am expert on pregnancy... Naaa not so much.

And, I am still a person who is battling against the disease of obesity. That is a common struggle all of us share. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t be here. Saying I don’t belong here because I am sleeved is like saying, “you have reached goal, are no longer obese and therefore you don’t belong on this site anymore.” It just doesn’t fly.

I never paid attention to your weight.. I didn't really care since the forefront of what I saw was mostly about your personal life with your husband and step kids. So are you saying you need the sleeve for goal?

The bottom line is, as I said, I am passionate about weight loss and supporting others in their efforts. That is what this and Alex’s forums are about. That is the common goal we all share. Whether we are just starting, revisions, or at goal, we all still share that common battle of obesity, and we all deserve to be here and help each other out in any manner that we can.

Some of you started voicing your “opinions” that I should step down as administrator on this site.

You should

However, I sleep well knowing that overall, I feel like I do a very good job for Alex. He has done a great deal for me, and I am happy and honored that he allows me to be a part of his forums and do what I do for him.

You complained multiple times about how you 'couldn't sleep on FB' and you also ran in here crying about not being chose as a mod for sleeve when wasa was chosen..

And, while there have been seven or eight people who were very adamant that I resign, I have learned there are far, far more people who appreciate what I do. To all of those who have sent me emails, pm’s, facebook messages, etc., thank you. Thank you so much for showing me your support and that you do care and do feel I am doing a good job on these forums. The numbers who have contacted me in a show of support far, far outnumber those few here that do not appreciate what I do. I am okay with that. Not everyone in life is going to like you. We just have to do the best we can every day. I know I am doing that. And, I will continue to do that.

You're right and just because you're a mod we arent' REQUIRED too. We can all have our own personalities.. You can't toss thousands onto a forum and say get along now can you?

I think it is time for all of this to end. We have over 72,000 members on this site. Only a few of those seem to be unhappy. And, unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, Alex tries, or anyone tries whether it be on the internet, at work, or anywhere else in our lives, you simply cannot please everyone. You either accept things, or you move on. Life is too short to carry over such anger and hatred. And to allow something to continue to eat at you, and to continue to fester is unhealthy.

The MAIN posters are the ones upset that doesn't ring a bell... Along with MOST of the ones that were friends with you on FB that saw your fiasco ? Wasn't 72k nope cuz they don't use FB you're lucky for that probably or Alex would be slammed with complaints.

Have a great evening everyone.

Sleep well

I thought it was a sleeve... Nevermind they are the same.

Oops, sorry Mac! :thumbup:

But still, congrats on your 'versary all the same! What is it, a sleevaversary? :thumbdown:

Interesting thread.

I,m simply amazed at how some people can be when they sit down behind a keyboard and for what?

Congratulations several of you have taken it to a much lower level than I believed possible.

I,m very unhappy with the comments some of you are making about my wife Susan.

I have One question?

If your so unhappy about the way the site is ran why do you keep returning?

BTW. Maxdog4717 = Lee Helander, I,m not hiding behind a screen name.

Look what you started Susan..

Oh wait make sure you delete the right posts to show Alex that it wasn't your fault.

Interesting thread.

I,m simply amazed at how some people can be when they sit down behind a keyboard and for what?

Congratulations several of you have taken it to a much lower level than I believed possible.

I,m very unhappy with the comments some of you are making about my wife Susan.

I have One question?

If your so unhappy about the way the site is ran why do you keep returning?

BTW. Maxdog4717 = Lee Helander, I,m not hiding behind a screen name.

We return in hopes for change.. do you leave a country because they have a bad leaders? Naa or I would of left the US..