Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hi again

Did I mention I'm making dinner for at least 35 people tonight...I decided lasagne sounded good, forgot how much work it is to make, I have the sauce on which takes hours and then I will throw the rest together. This is the first time I have had all of my husbands family over, we lived in a condo for the last 5 1/2 years and it was too small for that many people. We moved into our new house in April and not all of them have seen it. It should be a fun night if I don't stress out too much and PB all over everyone LOL. I tend to get stuck and PB if I'm nervous.

Did I also mention that I colored my hair yesterday? Well I have always been a red head so I tried a new brand and voila!!! I have purplish colored hair, never and I do mean NEVER change brands! I'm going to re-color it again today before the troops get here!

Have a great day!!

Bernadette

Did I also mention that I colored my hair yesterday? Well I have always been a red head so I tried a new brand and voila!!! I have purplish colored hair, never and I do mean NEVER change brands! I'm going to re-color it again today before the troops get here!

Have a great day!!

Bernadette

Bernadette, sorry about the hair.:scared2: Purple? Oh man, can you really re-color this soon?

PJTP...on the ORIGINAL thread!:thumbup::w00t:

Wow, that was fast...need to remember to get Ebony to ask for favors for me.:scared2:

I'll let Alex speak for himself, but I ain't pushing my luck...:mad:

Hi again

Did I mention I'm making dinner for at least 35 people tonight...I decided lasagne sounded good, forgot how much work it is to make, I have the sauce on which takes hours and then I will throw the rest together. This is the first time I have had all of my husbands family over, we lived in a condo for the last 5 1/2 years and it was too small for that many people. We moved into our new house in April and not all of them have seen it. It should be a fun night if I don't stress out too much and PB all over everyone LOL. I tend to get stuck and PB if I'm nervous.

Breathe, girlfriend...wooosaaaa...

Have a great day!!

Bernadette

Oh yikes...maybe a temporary color and lots of conditioner? I know when I color my hair (attack of the grays) it feels drier for a while afterward...just BE CAREFUL! :) Maybe a cute headwrap?

Wish me luck girls, I got my same old same old brand, I just hope it does not fry my hair!! Did I say I'm having at least 35 people for dinner tonight...the things I get myself into!

I'm so glad we are back in business!! Good to see everyone!!

I did the same thing to my hair many years ago. It took the hairdresser applying color stripper, bleach 3x, and then color 3x to get it where it should have been. She made me promise to NEVER do my own hair again. It's been 10 years, I guess!!

Ktork -- sorry about your dog..... My parents called me shortly after college to tell me abut my cat -- I knew something was up, they never called me. I was afraid it was my grandmother. I was ok until my Mom said your Dad feels awful, since it's his fault -- what?? My Dad is not a cat person. The now deaf cat was very old and got cold really easy so she took a nap under my dad's truck on the blacktop driveway......you can see where this is going. He held her until she passed and Mom said he was very upset since she was my cat.

Well, I've got to go -- I'm hosting a jewelry party tonight at my house. Lots to do!!

Wish me luck girls, I got my same old same old brand, I just hope it does not fry my hair!! Did I say I'm having at least 35 people for dinner tonight...the things I get myself into!

Got a deep conditioner on hand? Do the color, put the conditioner in, put a plastic cap on (or a grocery bag in a pinch), let it sit for 30 minutes while you do other stuff, then rinse it out and style as usual. Try to go easy on heat until it has a chance to recover...I would air-dry if you have time...

Good luck with the dinner party! :scared2:

~Wow! A couple of my posts from the 23rd are missing! Wonder how that happened?! And WHY????

~Slim, you have every right to be proud of yourself! You are NOT a failure! You've lost 76lbs this last year! I am so proud of you!!!! HAPPY BANDIVERSARY!!!!

~Crzy, I am SO sorry that you've caught the H1N1! I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry about you having to miss the training session too. That sucks!

~Oh Kristen! I feel horrible for you! I'm so sorry!

~Fab, best wishes with dinner AND your hair!! :scared2: One reason why I don't color my hair anymore. Too scary and too damaging!

~Suzy, have fun tonight!

PJTP: Completely forgot an NSV from the dr appt the other day. Haven't been able to take my BP med all week so figured it'd be a little high when they took it on Wed. Well, it was 101/72!!!!! WhooHoo! I'll keep monitoring it but I'm going to e-mail my PCP and let him know I'm off of it and don't plan to restart it any time soon! Eventually I'll probably have to go back on it b/c of BOTH sides of my family history but hopefully not for a good long time!

WI this AM and am down from what I weighed a few weeks ago. Didn't gain it ALL back from being sick but a good portion of it. I'm okay with that. I'm just happy to be able to eat and drink again!!

Have a great afternoon/evening! BBL!

I am happy the thread is open again and back to normalcy. I was an infrequent poster but frequent reader.

Krtork, I am really sorry about your dog. It is sooo hard to wake up to something unexpected like that.

Heartfire, I had an unfortunate experience after camping where my son left the car window open and a racoon got in the car. It was eating Cookies and had dumped a kerosene latern in the car. I had a hard time getting it out (open the door and running, lol). It took more than a year of cleanings before the car lost that oh so fragrant kerosene scent.

If I am in the same room with my baby and sneeze she is awake for an hour or more, lol. It makes me nuts :0)

OK I'm confused. Why in the world would we want to post onto a HUGE thread that has such goings on previously; esp when it can load very slowly b/c of its size? Why would Alex want anyone to be able to read all that? :(

OK I'm confused. Why in the world would we want to post onto a HUGE thread that has such goings on previously; esp when it can load very slowly b/c of its size? Why would Alex want anyone to be able to read all that? :(

Ebony made the request, so he did it.

Ok folks, I'm back... missed you all too much to stay away long. I just had the most wonderful romantic night for my birthday! My actual birthday was on Thursday and Chris and I went out for a lovely dinner at an Indian restaurant (YUM!) on Thurs night but last night was a special treat.

He booked the deluxe room in a gorgeous heritage style B&B cottage in Fremantle (the port city that is really now just part of the main city of Perth). We went out for dinner again (Turkish this time - also YUM!!) Walked around the old heritage markets, bought some yummy coffee Beans (expresso, vanilla and tia maria flavoured ones) and some new ugg boots (sheepskin boots) and then went back to our room to have strawberry champagne in the spa bath and a night of utter sensual indulgences... mmm... mmm... best birthday ever!!

Michelle~ Racoons are scary - mean little buggers! They love Cheez-its and tried to attack DH and I many years ago when we were camping. Glad you and DD were able to sleep in a little.

Crzy~ Hope you are feeling better soon! I do not want to get sick!!!! I'm handing out the Colorox wipes for the computers, wiping down the desks, hand sanitizer set out in strategic locations and handing out Kleenex as they walk through the door! Germs - ewww!

hair Color~ Scares me everytime I have it done, but I can't stand the gray!

Suzy~ Have fun tonight at the jewelry party!

PJTP: Good to see people joining in!

Thanks for the hugs for the doggie! It was a long hard day and I am glad that it is Friday and we don't really have any plans this weekend. Spend some time lovin' on the other dogs and just relax.

I am planning on a 5-6 mile run tomorrow. See how the weather is and what direction the smoke is blowing. We have been getting heavy smoke from a fire south of us, no fun to run and breathe that in!

Fanny~ Glad you had a great B-day! Sounds very romantic!

PJTP...just before going to bed...

Hi SNT - I started another thread in the same theme / vein as PJTP, then when the original was re-opened, I thought it might confuse people to have two of the, so I asked Alex about merging them. I was afraid that some of the old visitors / posters might not find the new one.

Ok folks, I'm back... missed you all too much to stay away long. I just had the most wonderful romantic night for my birthday! My actual birthday was on Thursday and Chris and I went out for a lovely dinner at an Indian restaurant (YUM!) on Thurs night but last night was a special treat.

That sounds wonderful, Fanny - and Happy Birthday again! :thumbup:

He booked the deluxe room in a gorgeous heritage style B&B cottage in Fremantle (the port city that is really now just part of the main city of Perth). We went out for dinner again (Turkish this time - also YUM!!) Walked around the old heritage markets, bought some yummy coffee Beans (expresso, vanilla and tia maria flavoured ones) and some new ugg boots (sheepskin boots) and then went back to our room to have strawberry champagne in the spa bath and a night of utter sensual indulgences... mmm... mmm... best birthday ever!!

OMG - girl, sounds like you had a FABULOUS time...and you deserve nothing less!

Crazy. PJTP isn't the same....

I think I understand how you feel, SNT - for me, it's not the same either without all my other friends, but I'm not quite ready to leave LBT yet, and I'm hoping that having PJTP here again will help some others that may not be ready to leave either.

I do miss my other LBT PJTP friends, but I've connected with most of them via other means...I do not believe that this will replace the original PJTP, and you may have a point that we should have left the thread behind and started anew, but I didn't want to leave anyone out...

Headed to bed now - have a busy day tomorrow. Will try to check in. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!:tongue2: