Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

krtork - I am so sorry about your pet! so sad :smile2:

Ebony - Your date sounds awesome! Maybe you, Beth and I could meet in NYC for lunch and a show!

LilMissDiva - I agree with you. I hope we can move on - so very sad.

PJTP:

I am leaving on Wednesday for Phoenix. It may be a VERY odd trip. My step daughter is having a baby shower on Friday. My husbands ex - sent me a plane ticket to attend. All three of my step daughters will be attending the shower. I am not sure how two of them feel about me - why on earth the ex would send me a plane ticket - very nervous about the whole trip - but also excited to see the middle step daughter who I adore. Oh and it is a surprise so my step daughter does not know I will be attending.

krtork - I am so sorry about your pet! so sad :smile2:

Ebony - Your date sounds awesome! Maybe you, Beth and I could meet in NYC for lunch and a show!

LilMissDiva - I agree with you. I hope we can move on - so very sad.

PJTP:

I am leaving on Wednesday for Phoenix. It may be a VERY odd trip. My step daughter is having a baby shower on Friday. My husbands ex - sent me a plane ticket to attend. All three of my step daughters will be attending the shower. I am not sure how two of them feel about me - why on earth the ex would send me a plane ticket - very nervous about the whole trip - but also excited to see the middle step daughter who I adore. Oh and it is a surprise so my step daughter does not know I will be attending.

Have fun on your trip (even though I'm sure you will!) Don't worry about the motives on why you were invited by the ex. My Mom started inviting my Dad's Wife years ago and the intent was completely genuine. They get along really good and my Dad doesn't mind either. It's especially relieving to us the (well grown now) children so we don't always feel we're missing someone or leaving anyone out.

I'm sure it will be great!!

Have fun on your trip (even though I'm sure you will!) Don't worry about the motives on why you were invited by the ex. My Mom started inviting my Dad's Wife years ago and the intent was completely genuine. They get along really good and my Dad doesn't mind either. It's especially relieving to us the (well grown now) children so we don't always feel we're missing someone or leaving anyone out.

I'm sure it will be great!!

I bet you are right! I am going with an open mind and heart. I am really looking forward to seeing my husbands daughters. I do not have a thing against his ex - she has always been nice to me anytime we have been at the same events. I met my husband years after they split.

Also - thank you for my picture comment. I cropped those two pics together because sometime I forget how far I have come in my wl struggle.

PJTP: It is probably my fault for thinking I was the invicible "super immune system teacher"...I made it 6 weeks, and now, I have the H1N1 flu. We have had at least one case per week in my class and I didn't get it. I, of course, get sick two days before training that I have been waiting for since last year! UGH! Now, it looks like next year.

Ugh. Yet another perk of being a teacher, eh?

I do feel (and look) so much better (aside from the adult onset acne:mad:). I know my problem is mental. Even though I know that I have worked hard to lose my 76 pounds, I feel like such a fraud sometimes. It's funny how much of this journey is mental.

1st, - 76 lbs lost is a victory, no matter how you slice it. 2nd, I agree with you. I think for most bandsters the battle is overwhelmingly mental. The thing to remember is to just keep on fighting and working that band.

I hope that someday soon we are able to have our whole PJTP family together again(wherever we end up:tongue:)

It's a nice thought, but I don't think I'll be getting an invite for the family reunion, heehee.

I had a very, very sad morning. I woke up to find our oldest dog had passed away! Very sad, going home from school at lunch to drop her off for cremation. Trying to figure out how to tell DD since she is off at school and I know that she will be a mess when she finds out - I don't want to ruin her first week!

Oh that sucks. I think it's always a minor miracle that pets assimilate so easily into our families....and when they die it's like losing a member.

I had the chicken Alfredo - now I know why they call it a heart-attack-on-a-plate! I try to eat fairly clean, but you could just see the butter and cream oozing out of this dish - the chicken was good though, and since I have "Jillian" my band to help keep me in control, I ate mostly chicken and only a little of the pasta:

Ah, the beauty of having a band. That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

All in all, it was a wonderful day - a belated anniversary celebration (our actual anniversary is August 23 - 19 years). We had a good time, didn't get home until 2 am, and had to get up at 7 am for church!

Heck, don't you know that anniversary dinner calories don't even count? LOL

I bet you are right! I am going with an open mind and heart. I am really looking forward to seeing my husbands daughters.

Have a good time.

I bet you are right! I am going with an open mind and heart. I am really looking forward to seeing my husbands daughters. I do not have a thing against his ex - she has always been nice to me anytime we have been at the same events. I met my husband years after they split.

Also - thank you for my picture comment. I cropped those two pics together because sometime I forget how far I have come in my wl struggle.

Good deal! Let us know how it goes :frown2: I'm positive it will be a blast!! The ExWife sounds like a very gracious lady to ask you to come - and to send you a plane ticket at that! You are a very upstanding lady to accept. :smile2:

Youre welcome about the picture comment! You've done awesome!

PJTP--

HELLO ALL! Just a pop in here to see what is going on and if it safe! :unsure:

How are you all today?

Well it's been quiet today if anything - but it appears safe! :crying: So glad to see you BBK!!

----------------------------------------

PJTP: Does anyone have the type of job where it's like a box of chocolates?

It's up and it's down like the Katy Perry song... I'm telling you.

Let's just say today was a good day. It was quiet and I got to play around alot. Now THAT'S what I'm looking for in a career!!! :smile2:

Ugh. Yet another perk of being a teacher, eh?

1st, - 76 lbs lost is a victory, no matter how you slice it. 2nd, I agree with you. I think for most bandsters the battle is overwhelmingly mental. The thing to remember is to just keep on fighting and working that band.

It's a nice thought, but I don't think I'll be getting an invite for the family reunion, heehee.

Oh that sucks. I think it's always a minor miracle that pets assimilate so easily into our families....and when they die it's like losing a member.

Ah, the beauty of having a band. That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Heck, don't you know that anniversary dinner calories don't even count? LOL

Have a good time.

Hey! Now should I feel offended you didn't quote me in there? Gawsh! lol

PJTP--

HELLO ALL! Just a pop in here to see what is going on and if it safe! :)

How are you all today?

I am doing great! So far so good here - it appears quiet and calm. :)

I am pretty sure I am probably in the same boat now. We can take turns rowing! lol

PJTP: Does anyone have the type of job where it's like a box of chocolates?

It's up and it's down like the Katy Perry song... I'm telling you.

Let's just say today was a good day. It was quiet and I got to play around alot. Now THAT'S what I'm looking for in a career!!! :tongue2:

Yes, I have that type of job. I never know what I am going to get from day to day. It can really get on my nerves.

I am doing great! So far so good here - it appears quiet and calm. :tongue2:

Same here!

I am pretty sure I am probably in the same boat now. We can take turns rowing! lol

Hey, don't forget to leave a spot for me on that boat too!

Glad to see BBK, Diva and CC back again!!

Hey y'all!

Nothing much going on. Mom is here for a short visit. She'll head home tomorrow.

Now that I'm all better I want my 1cc unfill BACK!! I'm eating like I've been starving! Oh wait! I was! LOL! I have GOT to reign it in before I see 180s again! I was doing so well too!

CC, I agree with what Diva said. Have a grand time and tell us all about it when you get back!

Hi to everyone!

Off to check more boards then head to bed. More Migraine meds are in my very near future! :tongue2:

'Night!

Hi all :tongue2: I've been busy packing and getting ready for the move. I'm still a bit scared to trust that it will all go through on time, after all the ups and downs getting here, but so far, so good!

Heartfire, I know what you mean about being hungry again after an unfill but don't be in a rush to get the whole 1cc back again. You might want to think about doing in in 0.5cc or even 0.25cc increments to sneak up on the sweet spot. It is so easy to overshoot it and a 1cc fill is a BIG fill at this stage of the journey.

I'm going to take my own advice for that - heading in for another fill tomorrow, as I'm desperately trying to lose more weight before my December surgery and haven't been doing well (1 lousy little kg in the whole last month *sigh*). I may only do an 0.25cc fill, as I have been having quite a few problems getting stuck lately, but in between those times, I'm still eating pretty heartily. I think most of my problems have been because I had gotten so far out of the bandster habits and was just cruising happily on maintenance mode. Time to get my act together, now!!

Fanny, keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes through without a hitch for you.

When I had my band, after a couple of overfills, I definitely learned that slower was better.

PJTP...Hi y'all! :tongue2:

Been down the last couple of days with some kind of virusey-thing...not quite the flu, but not feeling my best. Hoping to get rid of it today so I can go back to work tomorrow...

Hey y'all!

Nothing much going on. Mom is here for a short visit. She'll head home tomorrow.

Now that I'm all better I want my 1cc unfill BACK!! I'm eating like I've been starving! Oh wait! I was! LOL! I have GOT to reign it in before I see 180s again! I was doing so well too!

I've been blessed not to feel the 'overfill' feeling / situation, but I understand about eating like you are starving...but be careful!

CC, I agree with what Diva said. Have a grand time and tell us all about it when you get back!

Yes, definately - what Diva said!

Hi to everyone!

Off to check more boards then head to bed. More Migraine meds are in my very near future! :)

I hope the migraine meds work swiftly and completely!

'Night!

Hi all :unsure: I've been busy packing and getting ready for the move. I'm still a bit scared to trust that it will all go through on time, after all the ups and downs getting here, but so far, so good!

I do NOT envy you having to pack up a house...I don't know if I could do it again. I think I'll just hire someone to do it for me next time...after over 10 years, I KNOW I've got tons of stuff I don't need to keep...

Heartfire, I know what you mean about being hungry again after an unfill but don't be in a rush to get the whole 1cc back again. You might want to think about doing in in 0.5cc or even 0.25cc increments to sneak up on the sweet spot. It is so easy to overshoot it and a 1cc fill is a BIG fill at this stage of the journey.

What Fanny said! My last fill was 0.5cc - my doctor said the same thing - after a few fills, you don't need to go up a full cc on a fill - it's better to be conservative.

I'm going to take my own advice for that - heading in for another fill tomorrow, as I'm desperately trying to lose more weight before my December surgery and haven't been doing well (1 lousy little kg in the whole last month *sigh*). I may only do an 0.25cc fill, as I have been having quite a few problems getting stuck lately, but in between those times, I'm still eating pretty heartily. I think most of my problems have been because I had gotten so far out of the bandster habits and was just cruising happily on maintenance mode. Time to get my act together, now!!

You'll be great for December, Fanny! I know the 'getting stuck' feeling - I have that occasionally, but not too often (thank goodness). After my long plateau and recent fill, I dropped about 9 lbs, but I'm holding steady at 196 now. Want to lose another 20 or so and see where that takes me.

Being sick for a couple of days has sapped my energy...took the dog out for a short break and I'm whooped! Guess I'll have to ease back into my regular routine...I just feel so tired right now...:)

Glad to see BBK, Diva and CC back again!!

Tyty!! :clap:

I am doing great! So far so good here - it appears quiet and calm. :)

Yes, I have that type of job. I never know what I am going to get from day to day. It can really get on my nerves.

Well my boat is nice and has plenty of room. :) I never, never rock it!! Unless I hear some Def Lep in the distance! lol I'm in very good company!!

I'm pretty sure everyone's jobs are like that. The grass isn't usually greener unless you're fertilizing it yourself. What does that even mean? I really don't know. Go ask your Pop!

Hey y'all!

Hi to everyone!

Off to check more boards then head to bed. More Migraine meds are in my very near future! :unsure:

'Night!

Hf, worry not! We are all troopers and if we fall off, we get right back on! You will be fine, here's my hand - I'll help you back up. :) We have all gone through alot to win the battle of weight loss, and together we will meet and beat our goals - and stay there.

Hi all :) I've been busy packing and getting ready for the move. I'm still a bit scared to trust that it will all go through on time, after all the ups and downs getting here, but so far, so good!

Keep us updated! Hope your move is smooth as ice.

PJTP...Hi y'all! :tongue2:

Been down the last couple of days with some kind of virusey-thing...not quite the flu, but not feeling my best. Hoping to get rid of it today so I can go back to work tomorrow...

You'll be great for December, Fanny! I know the 'getting stuck' feeling - I have that occasionally, but not too often (thank goodness). After my long plateau and recent fill, I dropped about 9 lbs, but I'm holding steady at 196 now. Want to lose another 20 or so and see where that takes me.

Being sick for a couple of days has sapped my energy...took the dog out for a short break and I'm whooped! Guess I'll have to ease back into my regular routine...I just feel so tired right now...:)

Feel better soon! I went through that last month and I'm only barely starting to get my energy back. I hated taking that much time off but sometimes rest is for a better purpose. You'll be back and at em in no time.

I've noticed for myself that since I've been taking better care of myself along with workouts, plenty of fluids, eating better... I tend to get over my illnesses better (not necessarily quicker). But I also know when to take it easy. My rest period is over now though, so it's back on the saddle! I'm going to go out for my morning walk in a bit. It's still too cool outside, so maybe in a few hours.

It's so nice to see everyone! Have a blessed day all. :)