Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Propofol is kinda frowned upon now - and too short acting to do you any good - I guess you'll have to use good old alcohol (make some delicious 'ritas!

Propofol is kinda frowned upon now - and too short acting to do you any good - I guess you'll have to use good old alcohol (make some delicious 'ritas!

Alcohol is dicey (unless you mean Isopropyl?)

may just make 'em party all night.

PJTP...heading out for a political fundraiser soon - DH is running for Board of Ed (yes, he's DH again after being on probation for a while...)

Thanks Slim!

Good news/Bad news....

Good news - for the first time since I was about oh maybe 9, I fit into a SINGLE DIGIT sized clothing!!!! I don't care that it was a somewhat stretchy fabric and a manufacturer known for clothes that are a little big, I fit into a size 8......WHOO-HOO!!!

You go girl! That's so awesome! :blushing::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And because I was just so stunned, I left the dressing room (another first, I usually hide in them), walked out and asked a saleslady if I was reading the tag correctly!! And THEN, because I was on a roll, I bought another pair, different color AND 2 new shirts...those unfortunately will always necessitate double-digit sizes.:ohmy:

Bad news - there was frost last night. Flowers are wilted. Winter is soon coming....

BUT I FIT A SIZE 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!

PS Would it be so wrong to only buy that manufacturers clothing for the rest of my life???

No, it wouldn't be...I'd do it! :biggrin:

Longtime lurker, first time poster in this thread. I like my fish fried...:blush:

Me too...that is, when I could EAT fish - recent fill has me quite restricted (and that's a GOOD thing right now)

No seriously, I had to give you a fist pump and say congratulations!!! That is amazing.:blush:

What she said!

PJTP -

You all know that the job front for me has been a little crazy. Layoffs are around once or twice a month since the beginning of the year. I work for a large oil tool company that just recently decided to merge all the divisions (a total of 9). I work as an admin in the Import/Export Compliance dept.

So, with the announcement of the merge, we were told that we were moving to another building across town. I was told I'd work under Ms. Z with my co-worker Princess, but it wasn't made official.

Then Princess was out last week and Ms. Z was notified and I was cc'd on the email...and Ms. Z sent an email asking if anyone there could do the imports while Princess was out.

My first thought was, "If I'm on Z's roster, then why doesn't she know I exist???" I immediately replied with a "look at me!" email.

Good for you - being proactive...

Another email came out later that was generic, from the big-big boss, and I sent an email with a few well-worded questions and was told that pretty soon I'll be moving under Ms. M. M??? wth? When did that change? So, still not knowing what's what, I let it rest a few days.

Yesterday our group was invited to go to the other location and participate in a cookout they were having. I had a BALL!!! When we got back I sent an email to the big boss that I wanted to talk to him.

He called me later at home! I was not prepared for that.

He said I was safe, I had a home there and that I was getting a promotion. (Title only, grade and $$ won't come while layoffs are happening, but will later.) I won't be an admin, I'll be handling exports along with a team of others whom I adore!

Yay! Go Glouc Go!

I am so relieved and so happy. I had an interview for another department and now I'm thinking of cancelling that. It's not at all appealing, but it was a job and I was worried...now, I'm soooo happy beyond belief!!!

I would definately cancel the interview...give them time to notify someone else, since YOU got a promotion!

Sorry for the lengthy post!!!

DH's 'rent are almost here...need to finish cleaning up a bit. Ya'll have a GREAT weekend!

Hot damn! That is awesome Tap!!!!! :blush::thumbup:

What she said! :thumbup:

Yay Glouc! That is great news.

Yah! What she said! :thumbup:

Tap and Glou - Congratulations to you both!!!!! That is so awesome and well deserved for both of you!

Absolutely, positively, yes!

ROCKSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately ROCKSTARS!!!!

Having a good day - went for a leisurely walk this morning with DH and DDog - have the Diabetes walk tomorrow, which I'm planning to wog / jog / walk / run...my DD is doing it with me, so I kinda have to stay with her, but I'm going to jog as much as I can. Don't know the terrain (it's a bit cross-country if I remember from past walks) so I'll be careful...don't want a twisted ankle.

I raised $150.00 - my goal was $250.00, but I started late, so I'm not too upset. I'm just happy to be able to DO the walk on behalf of some with Diabetes who can't...I'm walking for my DDM (Dear Departed Mother) and DDMIL - I know they are cheering me on from heaven...:crying:

Gotta go - DH is finally ready to go out the door to the fundraiser...BBL! :blush:

It's pure heaven - rum, mint, lime, simple Syrup and a little seltzer.

Going to make a pitcher myself tomorrow night - you should as well!

Mojitos. Yeah. I'm just NOW getting up. :blushing:

Thanks Slim!

Good news/Bad news....

Good news - for the first time since I was about oh maybe 9, I fit into a SINGLE DIGIT sized clothing!!!! I don't care that it was a somewhat stretchy fabric and a manufacturer known for clothes that are a little big, I fit into a size 8......WHOO-HOO!!!

And because I was just so stunned, I left the dressing room (another first, I usually hide in them), walked out and asked a saleslady if I was reading the tag correctly!! And THEN, because I was on a roll, I bought another pair, different color AND 2 new shirts...those unfortunately will always necessitate double-digit sizes.:blush:

Bad news - there was frost last night. Flowers are wilted. Winter is soon coming....

PS Would it be so wrong to only buy that manufacturers clothing for the rest of my life???

OMG, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blushing::hurray::biggrin::hurray::biggrin:

PJTP -

You all know that the job front for me has been a little crazy. Layoffs are around once or twice a month since the beginning of the year. I work for a large oil tool company that just recently decided to merge all the divisions (a total of 9). I work as an admin in the Import/Export Compliance dept.

So, with the announcement of the merge, we were told that we were moving to another building across town. I was told I'd work under Ms. Z with my co-worker Princess, but it wasn't made official.

Then Princess was out last week and Ms. Z was notified and I was cc'd on the email...and Ms. Z sent an email asking if anyone there could do the imports while Princess was out.

My first thought was, "If I'm on Z's roster, then why doesn't she know I exist???" I immediately replied with a "look at me!" email.

Another email came out later that was generic, from the big-big boss, and I sent an email with a few well-worded questions and was told that pretty soon I'll be moving under Ms. M. M??? wth? When did that change? So, still not knowing what's what, I let it rest a few days.

Yesterday our group was invited to go to the other location and participate in a cookout they were having. I had a BALL!!! When we got back I sent an email to the big boss that I wanted to talk to him.

He called me later at home! I was not prepared for that.

He said I was safe, I had a home there and that I was getting a promotion. (Title only, grade and $$ won't come while layoffs are happening, but will later.) I won't be an admin, I'll be handling exports along with a team of others whom I adore!

I am so relieved and so happy. I had an interview for another department and now I'm thinking of cancelling that. It's not at all appealing, but it was a job and I was worried...now, I'm soooo happy beyond belief!!!

Sorry for the lengthy post!!!

DH's 'rent are almost here...need to finish cleaning up a bit. Ya'll have a GREAT weekend!

That is FANTASTIC, Glouc!!! I'm SOOO happy for you!!! :blushing::hurray::biggrin::hurray::biggrin:

* taps - AWESOME! much congrats on your NSV, very happy for you.

* glouc - great news on job front

* welcome crazyctchr (SP?)!!!!

* beth you lush :blushing:

* done - mountain biked for 3.5hrs/37 miles, steak & wine on tap....

great wkend all!

* beth you lush :blushing:

It's one of those good news/bad news things.

Good news is it used to take a LOT more to get me drunk (not that I did it often -- I'm sure it had to do more with my bulk).

Bad news is I lost an ENTIRE studying day. :biggrin:

Having a good day - went for a leisurely walk this morning with DH and DDog - have the Diabetes walk tomorrow, which I'm planning to wog / jog / walk / run...my DD is doing it with me, so I kinda have to stay with her, but I'm going to jog as much as I can.

Good luck on your wog tomorrow! You are doing a great thing, AND benefitting yourself as well. Be careful and have some fun/bonding time with DD.

It appears that my city isn't the only one doing away with teaching cursive writing.

Cursive writing may be fading skill, but so what? - Yahoo! News

Sad; so very sad.

Mojitos. Yeah. I'm just NOW getting up. :blush:

And I'm just sitting down getting ready to go to bed. I'm packed for my trip; another couple of quarts of applesauce made; a zillion loads of laundry are done (all the towels and facecloths from the eye experience - every time I used one, it went into the pile...tomorrow, perhaps I can rest?

OMG, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::hurray::biggrin::hurray::blush:

Thanks!:blushing::blushing:

* taps - AWESOME! much congrats on your NSV, very happy for you.

* done - mountain biked for 3.5hrs/37 miles, steak & wine on tap....

OMG - biked 37 miles??? You must have fabulous leg muscles as well as stamina. YAY to you!!

It's one of those good news/bad news things.

Good news is it used to take a LOT more to get me drunk

Bad news is I lost an ENTIRE studying day. :blush:

You really ARE a university student!!!!:blush::tt2:Guess you'll stay away from the liquor tonight so you can hit the books bright and early tomorrow, right?

I hope everyone is having a wonderful night.

I am sitting down to a delightful dinner I just made, pineapple mojito in hand - contemplating which drink to have next.

I'm also quite excited about the real ice cream I am going to let myself have tonight since I walked 18.2 miles today (one of my last long training walks for the marathon)

For those of us up tonight - maybe we'll talk later

And I'm just sitting down getting ready to go to bed. I'm packed for my trip; another couple of quarts of applesauce made; a zillion loads of laundry are done (all the towels and facecloths from the eye experience - every time I used one, it went into the pile...tomorrow, perhaps I can rest?

Wow... Okay, I'm a total slouch today! lol

You really ARE a university student!!!!:biggrin::tt2:Guess you'll stay away from the liquor tonight so you can hit the books bright and early tomorrow, right?

I'm HOPING with all the sleeping I did today I'll be up really early in order to utilize my day fully. I had HOPED my university life would have included jock raids instead of drinking, since I've been legal now for 26 years... :blushing:

Good news....

And because I was just so stunned, I left the dressing room (another first, I usually hide in them), walked out and asked a saleslady if I was reading the tag correctly!! And THEN, because I was on a roll, I bought another pair, different color AND 2 new shirts...those unfortunately will always necessitate double-digit sizes.:biggrin:

CONGRATS; that is so great!!! And to your question about wearing the same manufacturer - of course not!!!

Glouc - great great news! I'm so glad you decided to email the big boss dude. What a phenomenal response from him; esp calling you at home!

I'm also quite excited about the real ice cream I am going to let myself have tonight since I walked 18.2 miles today (one of my last long training walks for the marathon)

18 miles - you rock!!! :blushing:

We did a family wood cutting day today. All the kids, load up, take food, and off we go into the wild blue yonder to cut and haul wood for the winter. We got about 4 cords---and I am exhausted!

Here we are out on this mesa---overlooking an amazing canyon--which we drive up and down---as we scout for down or dead trees. I look at my phone and there was a missed call--well DH had been using it with work, so I redial it, and a woman answers....I say I missed a call from this #---and it was Paula----G4E----OUR Paula! She had some last minute questions regarding her thyroid surgery which is scheduled for Tuesday, and the # that they give her for her Dr. is not the right #!!!

She ask about all of you, and said she could do without her computer, but she missed LBT terribly! So hello from G4E---and don't forget her on Tuesday! I now have her # and will call and check on her and report here.

It was great talking to her!!

Tap---my first size 8's I was in tears over! I am still not a solid size 8. I can usually walk in to any store and grab a size 10 and it will work, but lots of the 8's will not span my waist. The hips work great, but not the waist always. Size 8 jeans, that are low rise, are an easy fit, not so if the rise is higher--my waist is not as defined as it needs to be obviously!!!

Ebony good luck on the walk, wogging!! I am proud of you!!!

Well I am exhausted, I am going to go to bed!

Heart you feeling better?????