Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

~Ebony, I'm speechless! Where do these people get off? Absolute crap. They are now TRYING to dig stuff up to put in your file! :w00t:

~Beth, I'm sorry about DH. I hope he can get his butt in gear and soon. And as far as a job being handed to him, sounds like a few have been close to that and he's let the door shut. Unbelievable! I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to deal with this mess again.

~Suzy, hope you stop itching soon!

~Hi to everyone!

~PJTP: my step-sister just had her baby girl! I have NO details yet other than everyone was doing fine.

I've started packing a little. Need to get my tail moving. All the work stuff is done except to drop stuff off at the office on the way out of town.

Hope everyone has a great evening. BBL!

Beth I am sorry you're dealing with that. I have a short attention span for a guy that doesnt hold his own.. No offense but thats my opinion.

No offense taken. I feel the same way. It's bad when I see myself as having more testosterone than he does. I wasn't always this bull in a china shop personality. It's come about, I believe, in part because he is a wuss and ONE of us needs to steer this thing... :thumbup:

Ebony - wow. Granted, not the two WEEK suspension you anticipated, but who the hell gets written up for things they DON'T know??? And where was your rep during THAT bullcrap?? If she was there, she's as useless as tits on a bull. :thumbup:

For the well-wishes - thanks. I'm trying to deal, but yeah, not gonna hang around this time. I had CHURCH LADIES last time tell me they would have left him after a year of that crap had it been them. That oughtta tell you something.

~Tap, how's your eye doing? Is it getting better or worse? Prayers for MUCH better and you don't have to have it looked at. Take care!

~Tap, how's your eye doing? Is it getting better or worse? Prayers for MUCH better and you don't have to have it looked at. Take care!

What she said! I somehow missed that one. How is it doing?

Like Lulu I am very blessed to have someone that makes sure I am taken care of at all times. I am thankful every single day and sometimes feel like I can't give back as much as he gives but I definetly try.

Aww, how sweet are you!?!

Suzyt - consider getting a prescription for hydroxyzine (commonly used for itching especially in allergic reaction cases - older medicine that works great!)

It's so handy to have a medical professional in the thread! (Pls note: Plain does not count since he isn't "professional"!!!) :thumbup:

Where I worked until March we had a girl that we were trying to get rid of because she was causing all kinds of conflict with every department in the company -- we only had 20 people in this location & 40 people total and only one or two liked her and they were sleeping with her..... We ended up just laying her off in the first round of layoffs, course her boss said she would be the first one re-hired. So glad I am not there anymore!! I was HR and the Accounting Manager and I VOLUNTEERED to be laid off. They were doing things I didn't agree with ethically.

Sorry to go off on a tangent.

Take care everyone!!

1. Tangents are what we do best!

2. Accounting, hmm? Was it serious enough that you could whistleblow? I just read that some whistleblowers just got millions in some lawsuit. (Yeah that's vague; I'm over 40 and have CRS...*shrugs*) CRS=can't remember sh!t

Taps - how's your eye, hun? I really hope you went to the doctor! Yes you have two but you'd miss the one, I promise!

I am another really lucky wife here, my DH has ALWAYS provided well for us. I went to work when I did, as a proactive move with the lay offs looming. It allowed us to pay down some debt, pay off our car, and eliminate some payments, just in case he does end up on unemployment. He has resume's out---and an interview on tap. Fingers crossed.

My best friend has ALWAYS had to be the bread winner. Her DH---is a nice guy---but as lazy as the day is long! He works for awhile, and gets hurt. Then has to wait out the injury. He DID get hurt the last time, unintentionally, he actually seemed to be liking that job. But he milked that for years! Then bragged it up that he had a settlement of over $100K. Uhhhh yeah I told him, but how many years did it take? 5? That means it was worth 20 grand a year? Meanwhile my friend works steady, has been at her current job for a dozen years---same with the one before that....while he does crap! He does not cook and clean while he is at home, she has to take care of the house too. He hurts too bad to work, but he can hunt and fish (although hunters like him are how vegetarians came to be)---and he can ride a motorcycle, but loading the DW hurts his neck. Yeah, my a$$!!!

DH knows I would have kicked him out years back! If I was going to do it alone, I'd damn sure DO IT ALONE!

I can totally understand where you are at Beth, and I would imagine all that time, allows for the other old problems to rear their ugly heads---with all the computer time.

So sorry you are dealing with such crap!

Ebony----are you documenting all this? With responses to the allegations, that are not listened to in the meetings??? I would, and you know there are REASONS some people file harrassment lawsuits or discrimination lawsuits---there ARE people who abuse the right, but there are people who deserve to be treated fair and you are NOT being!

In the meantime, enjoy your time off!

Well I am off to enjoy my jammies and my book!!!

Night all!

1. Tangents are what we do best!

2. Accounting, hmm? Was it serious enough that you could whistleblow? I just read that some whistleblowers just got millions in some lawsuit. (Yeah that's vague; I'm over 40 and have CRS...*shrugs*) CRS=can't remember sh!t

It was HR / drug testing related. He wanted to cover up a positive result. Which is just stupid because we had this 2nd chance agreement that we had made someone do just 2 months earlier. Just add one more to the *&%$ thing. But this was the golden boy so he didn't want to do that. But the golden boy was stupid and told everyone about the positive result before he took the test. I just didn't want it to affect me professionally, so I left -- on my terms. As a CPA all I really have is my integrity and reputation.

Tap, I'm sorry I forgot to ask you about your eye earlier -- I was thinking of you. Guess I got CRS too!!

Tap, sounds like you may have conjectivitis---AKA pink eye!

With drops, tilt your head all the way back, with your eye closed and head tipped slightly put the drops in the corner of your closed eye. Then slowly roll your head the other way and open your eye a slight bit, it will roll right in, you will never see it coming, and it does not splash. If you have allergy issues, this works especially well as the inner corners are especially sensitive to itching---and this allows the medicine to sit there temporarily.

This is how the Dr. I work for teaches patients to administer their own eye meds.

Good luck---there is some OTC meds out now for pink eye. But they are not comparable to a quick RX.

In the meantime, warm saline compresses will help soothe it. Soak a washcloth in warm saltwater, wring it out, and let it lay on your eye several times a day, when it cools it is done.

Hope it feels better soon.

Tap-I hope your eye feels better soon.

Ebony, Beth-thinking of you both. I hope both situations work out for the best soon.

Morning everyone!

Morning!

It's not a great morning here in Tip-tap land...I'm sitting typing whilst my eye is crusted shut, weeping and swollen...pretty! I am waiting for the walk-in clinic to open, and will then go there and have the doc try to look at my eye. I don't do eyes! I don't like things coming at my eyes (hence why I don't wear eye shadow or mascara). :thumbup:

My toilet is clogged.:seeya::thumbup:

My email is not working - oddly, I can connect to the 'net, open mail from yesterday and read it, however all mail received last night is blank when I open it. I can't respond to it either. Making it difficult to send an email to my office to explain why I'm not there! Guess I'll use the other technology - a phone!

Is it time to go back to bed?!?!?:frown:

Tap, if you are one of the bandsters who can manage it, you might take some Ibuprofin for the inflamation and pain involved.

These type of infections flare when school begins. Even if you are not in school, anything you touch, that someone might have touched that was infected....a door knob, shopping cart....and then touch your own eye, and bingo! Transfer of infection.

I had a friend who is a beautician buy me some high dollar hand cream, because I wash my hands so many times a day---trying to avoid those infections! Hope it feels better soon.

Ow, Tap, I hate when that happens! VERY uncomfortable. I hope they figure out what it is with the least amount of prodding necessary. :thumbup:

But look on the bright side -- THREE DAY WEEKEND! :frown:

Is it time to go back to bed?!?!?:thumbup:

After the morning that you have, I wouldn't blame you.

Hope it feels better soon.

What she said!

But look on the bright side -- THREE DAY WEEKEND! :frown:

If ever there was a bright side to that, a three day weekend would be it!:seeya: