Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP...having a good Monday (no work!) and between homework (lots of reading) and a little shopping (Home Depot - yep, I'm 'house addicted') it's been wonderful so far!

VERY cool, Ebony!!! Wow, 1850's!! I knew it was old, but I don't think I knew it was that old!

So... any ghosteses? :blush:

Dunno - haven't seen a lot of signs, but then, I'm 'sensitive' so I tend to discount some things I see as my imagination. I think if there are 'ghosteses' in the house, they are happy with what we've done so far and so keep pretty quiet. Had one in the house I grew up in...also used to get 'signs' that my Dad was around when I was younger. A clock he bought my mom used to tick when I slept in their room...I asked if it was my Dad, then said it was scaring me. The clock 'ticked' again and stopped. Funny thing was, the clock was never plugged in... :crying:

Okay, I am officially exhausted.

Hubby's still recuperating from surgery, so I took on the mowing today. We mow our yard and the old lady's next door who died a few months back (he was mowing before she died too... to help out).

So I did two yards and didn't end there. I picked up dog doo, raked, swept, weeded, cut numerous low-hanging branches off a tree, tore the lattice-work out from under the deck (too many holes in it [bought it with some damange]), hauled huge branches out to the street... omg, I started about 2:00 and didn't end until after 7:00.

I oughtta sleep good tonight! Which is fine, because hubby and I (since he's been off) have been on a REALLY late-night binge lately (last night we were up until almost 5:00am!). I NEED to get on a schedule, as I have some homework that needs to be done tomorrow.

I downloaded my GoWear Fit at 8:00pm and had already burned nearly 2700 calories, and I have my max set at 2200 (leaving a thousand-calorie deficit, so I only really take in 1200).

Did I say I was tired?

And no, Lu, don't even ask. lol

Dang, gal, when you get on a tear, look out! I get days like that...get going and just don't want to stop...especially when it's going well!

Beth, working off those mojitos perhaps? You're hilarious when you post drunk, BTW. Sounds like you had some pent up energy. Hubby still on meds?? :blush:

You are such a naughty girl! :thumbup:

Hi everybody! Hope you're all having a great holiday weekend. I'm dodging raindrops to get in the pool. And for some real fun, I'm gonna grocery shop tomorrow. Look out world, TPG is on the loose. I hate grocery shopping. Lots. Might toss in a trip to Target too. I like to live on the edge. Tues. I get to see the doc for my psych eval.

This'll prolly be my last post. I'm sure the shrink will be sending me to the nut farm - aka macadamia ranch...If I gnaw thru the restraints, I'll try to make contact... :crying:

Take care and Happy Labor Day.

Happy Labor Day to you too, Pooly! :thumbup:

Crap, did I post last night?? :thumbup:

And yes, hubby is still on meds. I told him I was working out my sexual frustration (since the meds interfere, damnit... :smile2:). He said, Shoot, you ought to be sexually frustrated more often. I said, Who says I'm not? This time I just acted on it. :sneaky:

ROFLMBO...serves him right for making that stupid crack!

PJTP: WHY I HATE SALT!!! :blush:

I have GOT to figure it's salt cuz this just ain't normal. The other day I was 223.5. Then the next day, Saturday, I was 228! Then yesterday I was 230.5!!! OH MY FREAKIN' GOD! I'm back down to 228 this morning, but there's nothing else I can attribute this to other than salt. Not that I've knowingly done anything especially salty -- but the night before the first jump I had hubby's steak (marinated with, I believe, soy and other stuff), and then the next jump was after his chicken (also marinated with, I believe, soy and other stuff).

I HATE seeing stuff like that happen.

Yesterday I was so busy I hardly ate enough to keep a goldfish alive (which I also know doesn't help).

I just wanted to say AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:blush::cursing::blush:

I completely sympathize...had too many whole wheat Ritz crackers (yep, they are sliders for me) and the few pounds I lost on the pouch test have come right back...:thumbup: It's my own fault - my body loves salt and hangs onto the Water for dear life...back on track today, but will be booking a fill for next week - I'm ravenous all the time, and that's one of my signals that I need a fill. I'm hoping it will help me get the next 30 or so pounds off, then I'll re-evaluate. My original goal was 155 lbs, but that may be too light (I don't want to look like a bobblehead) so when I get off of all my diabetes meds and the high blood pressure meds, I'll re-evaluate. Whatever weight that is...

Beth, another thing to consider, is all the additional work you did in the yard, the muscles you used that had been dormant, will hold onto Fluid. The first while of a new work out I always gain and then it finally flushes out.

Yep - forgot about the muscle recovery aspect...Kat's right - when I started new / changed weight workouts, I always gained first, then lost it later.

We went to a rally over the weekend, and I tried really hard to behave! I took raw veggies as Snacks, and tried to avoid the everything under the sun fried vendors. The one thing I will not give up, is my chocolate dipped cheesecake. I only had one slice----when I could have easily eated a dozen in the 2 day period! In the end, I come home a pound down. Not going to change the ticker, as we are going to a movie later, and the popcorn will return that pound plus I am sure!

Chocolate dipped cheesecake sounds yummy!

Got bad news when we come home. The company my son works for is transferring him to Louisianna. I am hoping (against the odds) that he chooses to find a different job. I cannot believe my grandson is moving that far away! Grandsons technically--but the new little guy while I love him dearly, is not as embedded in my heart as the 3 year old has made himself! That sounds wrong----what I mean is, I know Connor's favorites, I always try to have him here when I fix mac & cheese or when we grill brats, he gorges himself. I know how he giggles chasing me around the backyard. I KNOW all the things I am going to miss with him. With the baby we haven't yet developed those things, and won't have a chance.....and it SUCKS big fat rotten eggs.< /strong>

I agree totally - just got pics of my grandbaby and my son via phone yesterday. My grandson is getting so big and I haven't seen him for over a year! My son is getting big too, but that's another story (his wife must be the unhealthiest cook on the planet - lots of Pasta, high-fat foods, just plain fat, etc, etc, etc) My son was thin and muscular, now he's starting to look bloated - a lot like his natural father when HE slowed down and stopped working out a lot. I've got to call him and remind him of his family history...he wants to be bigger, but not at the risk of his health! He must be 50 pounds heavier...and in less than 2 years...that's NOT good!

We are off to have a late lunch/early dinner with friends. I am just not even hungry----hope I can keep that knowledge as I am confronted with the smells and options of food. No need to eat if I am not hungry. Wish me luck!

Wishing you luck with the food - smells get to me a lot, still. I know some things I just can't eat (thank GOD for my band) but my "fat mind" still wants them...

Going for a short errand run, then back to the homework...BBL!:thumbup:

Jumpin' Jehosephat! I have spent all afternoon reading 90 freakin' pages. And that's just for Wednesday's class!! :blush:

Okay, the reality is hitting me that I will not have a life for a very long time. :blush:

Jumpin' Jehosephat! I have spent all afternoon reading 90 freakin' pages. And that's just for Wednesday's class!! :)

Okay, the reality is hitting me that I will not have a life for a very long time. :w00t:

But imagine the possibilities of your life when you are done. So worth it...:thumbup:

But imagine the possibilities of your life when you are done. So worth it...:thumbup:

Yes, so true.

You know what's causing me some indigestion? So far I'm studying criminal justice, but what I REALLY thought I would LOVE to do (but am not studying for -- mine's more general CJ) is forensics. I have said forever that I thought it would be SO cool to be a forensic scientist. However, I am SO not prepared to go to school until I'm ready for retirement. :)

If it is something that interests you, when the time comes, do it. I have read about people becoming doctors in their 60s. I think you can surely do this now if you so choose. I think you could be great at forensic science.

Slim, I am not sure of a time line with the job of my sons. I have been very cautious of talking about it with him, as all my arguements are against it whole heartedly. And to voice them, is not pretty.

As it stands now, they live on our property, in a mobile home. We agreed upon a rental amount in the beginning, and he has paid regularly. An amount much lower than any rent he could find anywhere else. Out of the rent each month--well he actually pays it in like 3 month chunks---out of that we pay the electric bill because it is attached to the main bill--and it has the Water pumps for the fields on it too. Other than that, we used rental money to replace his hot water heater---but every cent of the rest of it is in an account---earmarked for him. The plan was when he decided to either put a modular home, or to build out there, we would give it to him. We did the same with DD---so I am sure he suspects we will do it. We are not however giving it to him to move away.

So where he is now, my grandson has free roam of 13 acres if he wants. He follows his grandpas to the barns, he rides along when we bail hay, he helps feed horses....everything. He has probably put hundreds and hundreds of miles--not a slight bit of exageration---on his trike this summer! There is so much for him to do. And no one can enter the property without coming past either their house or my inlaws. So there is no traffic for him to watch for--he plays outside from morning to night. He is like all kids USED to be! He plays in the mud, eats veggies straight from the garden---and when he has to take a whiz-----he does----wherever he may be!

I am only comfortable with his freedoms out there, because I know my MIL is on watch as well. My DIL loves that boy heart and soul, but gets lost in TV or the computer, and often lets time get away from her, or is not 100% sure where on the place he is. That scares me! And now they want to take him to where he is likely going to be living in an apartment while they settle in, without place for him to do his trike riding or anything---and she has him AND a baby to deal with----with no help. It saddens me for him, and scares me as well. So I have avoided talking to them about it.

Thanks Ebony--muscle recovery--I could not put a name to what I was trying to say!!! I think I have Old-timers disease.

And yes the chocolate dipped cheesecake is wonderful. It is frozen NY style cheescake on a stick, dipped in melted chocolate. What is not to like??? Good thing there is not anywhere locally I can get it---it would be my downfall!

And that is highly unusual for me, as I am usually a salty/crunchy/savory foodie! With occasional sweets only!

I seriously do not want to go back to work tomorrow. But guess I will go look and make sure I have things ready---I may need to toss in a load of laundry. Being gone this weekend, put me out of my normal routine!

Kat, I can't blame you for treading lightly with DS. It can be a sticky situation. I also understand your fear for your DGS. I truly hope everything works out so that they stay. It is so hard to think of them being so far away from the support system of the family. I will admit that is why I haven't attempted to move from here. Right now, I know that I can depend on any number of relatives for help with DS or anything else should the need arise. The thought of not being able to do that is hard. I hope it works out Kat.

I have been doing laundry all day long. DH ironed everyone's clothes for tomorrow (gasp)! I couldn't believe it. I can only assume it is because I have been washing all day. I have already done all of the dishes. I just felt like I didn't want to have to do anything when I get home tomorrow. I didn't get hardly anything that I actually wanted to get done. I wanted to start patching my MBR. I haven't because I can't decide on a color to paint it. I don't want to look at patchwork for weeks. I would rather do it all at once. Otherwise, I may never get it done. Ebony-do you think you could do a road trip and come help me? I really need a swift kick in the arse to get me going.

Slim - I have a wall in my den that needs painting and I did not do it over the weekend as I had said I was going to. Perhaps you and I can kick the other's butt?!?

Kat~ Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that it works out for you. Kids need their grandparents. I love watching my kids with my parents. They really get a kick out of being with the kids.

Slim~ I hate the patchwork paint. My DH painted our house and he did all the patching and priming and it looked like we had a polka dot house for almost 6 months! I hated it!! I'm a get in and get it done kinda gal!

Beth~ Read, read, read. That was the one thing I hated most about college. I would get distracted and read the same page at least 10 times! I feel for ya. It is worth it though!

PJTP: I put in an 11 hour day at school. Wanted to get my work done, but ended up helping the kids get the stores done. At least I don't have any freshmen tomorrow, so I will have some work time.

The clothing store looks really cool! I was pretty excited when we finished the display wall! I will try to get some pictures tomorrow, just have to share. The kids will come in tomorrow afternoon and finish up.

I am exhausted! Ready for the weekend and it is only Monday night! Man!! I need to get a run in tomorrow so I am ready for the race this weekend! Oh yeah!

Hope everyone has a great evening and Tuesday. I doubt I check back in before then!

Okay, well we're home and TWELVE PAGES LATER!, I think I'm all caught up but I kept forgetting to hit the multi button so I'm gonna miss stuff!

~Suzy, hope you've continued doing well after your surgery.

~Lu, costco thing, weird, still would've complained. House, looks great. Zuch Fries recipe, Please! Happy b-day to DH!

~Kristen, glad DD is healing, hope she feels better soon.

Got home to find out my friend's DD who had the flu last week? Had H1N1! Nearly 200 kids out + teachers and not hardly any of them tested! So our tiny town got nailed at least at the HS level.

So are ya telling me I need to leave the swimsuits at home and bring the long pants and coats??? Better go check the weather!

~Hi CC!!! Glad you checked in!

~Fanny, congrats on the loss!! WhooHoo!

~Hi TPG!! And don't you DARE leave! I know you're joking b/c of the psych eval, but still, NO LEAVING!

~Schools - terrified of DD not getting what she needs, whatever that may be (more help, more challenge, etc.). Not happy with the "system" these days! (Oh and don't I mean on the teacher level, for the most part.)

~Tap, NO rain? WhooHoo!!!! Congratulations!!

~Sick, loved the e-mail.

~Slim, still praying that MIL decides to move... and SOON!!!!

~Beth, I agree with the salt AND muscle recovery theories. Soy sauce is basically just salt with enough dark colored Water just to make it liquid!

Hang in there with the school stuff. I know you can do this! And if you want to go in to forensics, then go for it!

~Ebony, nice job in the sitting room area! You have a REALLY old house! Cool! Well, at least til you have to work on it! LOL!

~Kat, sorry about the job thing w/DS. I wish I had family around like that. Well, maybe not on the SAME property! But nearby. Closest is an hour away and we hardly see them. I would love some help like that with DD. I think she's missing a lot by not having grandparents in the same town. Hell, she hasn't even met my dad yet!

PJTP: okay, got the bedroom/patio door fixed and by the time we got out of here it was 2:30PM!!!! Nice drive over and back. DD drove me about batty with the having to pee every flipping 30-40 minutes! UGH! Need to take the DVD player next time to occupy her so she doesn't think about it so much!

Weekend all together was nice. Could have been better but definitely could have been worse! Weather was great. Not too hot and really not too cold at night. Was cozy in my sleeping bag. I told DH tho, that before I plant my butt in that tent again, we are getting something for me to sleep on! I took my big ol' yoga mat. It's huge, about 2 inches thick so it folds in to 4 sections. Too hard! Okay for sitting on, doing yoga, which I was for a short time, etc, but NOT for sleeping on! My whole body hurts! It was noisy out there too so I didn't get much sleep, I'm exhausted!

Games were good. Walked A LOT! Ate a bunch of crap but DH thinks it actually wasn't as bad as I think it was. He's pretty blunt about that kind of stuff when I ask so I think I'll try to believe him. Had no food "issues" so that was a HUGE blessing! Was a little worried about it.

Looks like we might try to go again next year. FIL isn't doing too good (Parkinson's) and we don't know how many more years they're going to be able to do this trip and MIL said he was in near tears with the thought of all of us together for a whole weekend. Think we'll probably go when we can and if DH can get the vacation time. DD had a BLAST this weekend! Was super upset when we left.

So, now that I'm sort of caught up here, I am going to bed! DD has her first day of preschool tomorrow. TTFN!!

Morning everyone! Where are you Tap???

Heartfire, I am glad that you all had such a nice weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun. I will admit that I would have been like you and not slept much with the outside noise. I am a city girl through and through. I have never been camping in my life (not even in my own back yard). I keep saying I would try it with DS, but haven't worked up the courage.

SNT-you are close enough to come kick me in the arse. I think you have an excellent idea. I kick you...You kick me...

Luluc-you are trying to kill me. I won't be making this latest recipe. I would hurt myself with that one. :thumbup:

Morning Slim!

Gotta get back into checking LBT first thing in the morning, but for some reason today was a little frazzled-y (yes, a new Tap-ism).

I am now going to go back and read all the events/stories posted...

****LONG catch-up post alert**** You guys were busy this weekend...

i can pimp out the labs- but they generally dig where you don't want them too. i swear there is one hill in our backyard that they think jimmy hoffa is burried in. you can barely see their legs , all upper body & head is in this hole - digging away.

Ummm, have you wondered what might be in that hill??

It's a sorry state that our school systems are in right now. No child left behind.:thumbup: Yeah right. I read about some students that weren't quite "making the grade" at a local school here. The principle actually encouraged the kid to drop out of school and get a GED!:) What kind of crap is that? They said that the students were bring down their test scores! WTF?

This explains sooo much!

my son is in 7th grade. Do you know that I had to teach him how to write in cursive? They don't teach that anymore here. It isn't important. Of course, then they write a note in cursive and expect him to read it...

Are your kidding? They don't teach writing? A generation of people who will be completely lost (literally (no GPS)and figuratively) if ever there is a sustained power shortage?

pjtp:

spinning + rowing + treadmill = big fat steak & wine for lunch:) & a baby nap as well :wink:

Sounds exhausting...I'd just go to the nap:tongue2:.

spinning+rowing+treadmill=a trip to the hospital for slim:eek:

:lol:

. If they aren't going to teach them to write, they should at least teach them to type and use the computer programs.

ARGHHH!!

Don't forget they can't spell cat if you spotted them the C and the T because it's hardly a requirement anymore. And since we have spell check... :huh2:

Exactly!! I tried to explain to my nephew that spell check requires that you know how to spell, otherwise how do you know which word is the correct one.

see if that's the case anywhere else. To me, that's nuts! I just have this awful picture of children growing up to sign for their house or car as "SNT" in printed caps like they're in kindergarten.

I've also said that I feel like we do our children a disservice letting them graduate HS without a class on living life. To clarify, I think they should mandate taking a class where one learns:

1. how to balance a checking account,

2. how to buy and negotiate for a car, house, etc,

3. how awful credit cards are and how quickly one can get into unmanageable debt,

4. how the local, state, and federal tax system works (ie how much gets taken out per check), and

5. how filing taxes works (ie deductions etc).

EXCELLENT suggestions. I would add social skills - politeness, honor, responsibility. Less litigation, more courtesy as an approach to life.

MIL has apparently come into some money. I am not exactly sure where it came from (I have ideas), but not sure. She is running through the money pretty quickly. I have a feeling she will be broke again pretty darn soon.

And when she is, shut and lock the door; ignore the phone...

Sooo.... when she's broke again and all sucking up to y'all and stuff, I would remind her of her behavior and how you are more than aware of her attempts at using you -- and THANK her because you found it SOOO peaceful. Then don't answer the phone/door, don't speak to her, don't acknowledge her, nothing. :)

Ooooh, or better yet, YOU call HER every day and borrow stuff. lol

LOVE it!:w00t:

if there were a nuclear event and people had to live wild - I'd be okay.

Me too! Already have the big fluffy coats (any wonder??), have a minimum of a years worth of canned food at any time, always have Water purification tabs,...

I did two yards and didn't end there. I picked up dog doo, raked, swept, weeded, cut numerous low-hanging branches off a tree, tore the lattice-work out from under the deck hauled huge branches out to the street... omg, I started about 2:00 and didn't end until after 7:00.

sounds like a fun day! Outside, playing in the dirt!

And for some real fun, I'm gonna grocery shop tomorrow. I hate grocery shopping. Lots. Might toss in a trip to Target too. I like to live on the edge. Tues. I get to see the doc for my psych eval.

This'll prolly be my last post. I'm sure the shrink will be sending me to the nut farm - aka macadamia ranch...If I gnaw thru the restraints, I'll try to make contact... :w00t:

Well now, if your are shipped body and bones to the nuthouse, the groceries will have been money wasted!

Hope your evaluation goes fine, you seem normal to the PJTP gang....which on second thought....:lol:

salt/savory food is my downfall - can pass up any/all sweets - but cream sauces / cheese .....mmmmmm :drool:

Me too!! I ask DH NOT to buy cheese (he does the grocery shopping)- I can eat huge quantities with no stopping or remorse. costco is particularly good at 'feeding my addiction'...

Do you have a recipe for the zuc fries? Pass it along.

I woke up this morning and checked the temp outside and it was 35! WTH! That is way too cold for this early in the season! I hope this is not an indicator of the winter to come.

Ditto on the zuc fires recipe request. And WOW your monring temps were colder than mine!! We had a glorious weekend - not hot, but warm and sunny...a record now of 8 days of sunshine in a row!! Of course today it is cool, foggy and damp..........

Jumpin' Jehosephat! I have spent all afternoon reading 90 freakin' pages. And that's just for Wednesday's class!! :blink:

Okay, the reality is hitting me that I will not have a life for a very long time. :sad:

Keep your eyes on the goal...

But imagine the possibilities of your life when you are done. So worth it...:)

Yes!

what I REALLY thought I would LOVE to do (but am not studying for -- mine's more general CJ) is forensics. I have said forever that I thought it would be SO cool to be a forensic scientist. However, I am SO not prepared to go to school until I'm ready for retirement. :sad:

Don't live your life with "I wish I had...". If you want something, go for it.

Slim - I have a wall in my den that needs painting and I did not do it over the weekend as I had said I was going to. Perhaps you and I can kick the other's butt?!?

My living room ceiling was to be painted this weekend - it didn't happen. We are procrastinating on doing it (which is unlike me) becuase to do the ceiling, no matter what paint is used, a 1950's stucco ceiling causes paint spray, so that means everything must come off the walls, and all furniture covered. And there is very little wall space that isn't covered in art...lots of it.

Suzy, hope you've continued doing well after your surgery.

~Kristen, glad DD is healing, hope she feels better soon.

~Hi CC!!! Glad you checked in!

~Slim, still praying that MIL decides to move... and SOON!!!!

~Beth, I agree with the salt AND muscle recovery theories. Soy sauce is basically just salt with enough dark colored water just to make it liquid!

~Ebony, nice job in the sitting room area! You have a REALLY old house! Cool! Well, at least til you have to work on it! LOL!

Weekend all together was nice. Was cozy in my sleeping bag. I told DH tho, that before I plant my butt in that tent again, we are getting something for me to sleep on! My whole body hurts!

Ditto on the comments to others.

Sounds like a great time!

Lu/Ebony - love your house reno pics. Lu - I love the media room!

OK - am I caught up???