Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

* i have the same internal clock as slim, but i will lay back down for an hr or so - when the dogs finally restle about; i'm up.

I can't believe it, but I did lay back down this morning.

* sorry about the fries slim, DH has a small addiction as well going on.:blush:

Yep, I blame you for this addiction.:blush:

* beth, sodium always puts Water weight on me - i can actually feel it, so i don't piss myself off by getting on the scale.< /p>

It does me too. I had finally dropped last week, but am floating back above that number after my indulgent weekend.:blush:

* DH's bday today & he is still sleeping. i would LOVE for him to come downstairs and say lets blow off the gym ; go have brunch somewhere, on some patio and chill for the day.

he's in pyscho workout mode right now & i don't see that happening.

Tell your DH Happy Birthday!

i much rather some poached eggs on some yummy cream sauce w/a bloody mary (won't weigh if i do):blush:

Do you ever make hollandaise sauce? If you do, would you give me a recipe? I saw someone eating poached eggs with that and it just looked so good.:blush:

Maybe doing the pouch test allowed your pouch to heal from abuse? It makes sense. Your pouch is rested from churning. I need to do the pouch test just because I feel like I need a fill on most days. I know that every time that I have done it (I never make it the full 5 days), I have come out of feeling the pouch is working better for me.

I never thought about that. You may be right.

Do you ever make hollandaise sauce? If you do, would you give me a recipe? I saw someone eating poached eggs with that and it just looked so good.:blush:

hollandaise is really easy to make, i don't however cause i would drink it daily. i save it for when we go to our favorite brunch place & indulge then. poached eggs on toast points w/hollandaise & fresh tomatos/salmon - my FAVORITE thing.

Put that egg on a slice of ham and half an English muffin with that hollandaise and you have one of my faves!

Okay, I am officially exhausted.

So I did two yards and didn't end there. I picked up dog doo, raked, swept, weeded, cut numerous low-hanging branches off a tree, tore the lattice-work out from under the deck (too many holes in it [bought it with some damange]), hauled huge branches out to the street... omg, I started about 2:00 and didn't end until after 7:00.

Wow! I could use some yard work at my house if you want to make this a regular work out routine! lol

PJTP: WHY I HATE SALT!!! :blush:

Salt is also my nemisis - but it usually tastes sooo good! It is a love/hate relationship!

I am sitting here attempting to eat some Greek yogurt. I made the mistake of tasting a piece of meat this morning well before my body was ready for solid food. I didn't PB or anything like that, but it still feels like the meat is sitting in my throat. Yucky feeling. It made my coffee go down slow. This yogurt is causing some strange noises going down. This does not bode well for my dinner plans. :blush:

I hate when that happens. :blush:

[quote name=luluc;1320484* DH's bday today & he is still sleeping. i would LOVE for him to come downstairs and say lets blow off the gym ; go have brunch somewhere' date=' on some patio and chill for the day.

i much rather some poached eggs on some yummy cream sauce w/a bloody mary (won't weigh if i do):blush:[/quote]

Happy Birthday to your DH! Maybe you could work out and then go for your yummy Breakfast with libations!:blush:

Happy Birthday to your DH! Maybe you could work out and then go for your yummy breakfast with libations!:blush:

that's my plan - but he's still napping w/the puppy & i want to fix a bloody NOW:)

salt/savory food is my downfall - can pass up any/all sweets - but cream sauces / cheese .....mmmmmm :blush:

that's my plan - but he's still napping w/the puppy & i want to fix a bloody NOW:)

salt/savory food is my downfall - can pass up any/all sweets - but cream sauces / cheese .....mmmmmm :blush:

Not meeeee....my downfall is definitely sweets! I've been off salt since HS.

I believe Slim mentioned fries. I love potatoes but after this last fill, 'taters aren't loving me! :blush:

I believe Slim mentioned fries. I love potatoes but after this last fill, 'taters aren't loving me! :blush:

zucchini fries - gave slim the recp this wk & we have been making them - :blush:

Beth, working off those mojitos perhaps? You're hilarious when you post drunk, BTW. Sounds like you had some pent up energy. Hubby still on meds?? :blush:

Hi everybody! Hope you're all having a great holiday weekend. I'm dodging raindrops to get in the pool. And for some real fun, I'm gonna grocery shop tomorrow. Look out world, TPG is on the loose. I hate grocery shopping. Lots. Might toss in a trip to Target too. I like to live on the edge. Tues. I get to see the doc for my psych eval.

This'll prolly be my last post. I'm sure the shrink will be sending me to the nut farm - aka macadamia ranch...If I gnaw thru the restraints, I'll try to make contact... :thumbup:

Take care and Happy Labor Day.

No, they already know that you are a nut - they are just confirming it before you have the surgery!:sneaky:

I love to grocery shop on a Sunday morning before anybody else is at the store. When the kids were little I would sneak out of the house and it was my down time! I am a nerd! The only problem I have now is that TJs doesn't open until 9 - what kind of grocery store opens at 9???

Morning everyone! This is just my internal clock check in. I plan to attempt to go back to sleep. We shall see how that goes.

I hope everyone has a great day (uneventful or exciting, you decide)!

You get up way too early for me. My internal clock gets me up about 7 - well, my dogs get me up about 7!:blush:

PJTP: WHY I HATE SALT!!! :blush:

I have GOT to figure it's salt cuz this just ain't normal. The other day I was 223.5. Then the next day, Saturday, I was 228! Then yesterday I was 230.5!!! OH MY FREAKIN' GOD! I'm back down to 228 this morning, but there's nothing else I can attribute this to other than salt. Not that I've knowingly done anything especially salty -- but the night before the first jump I had hubby's steak (marinated with, I believe, soy and other stuff), and then the next jump was after his chicken (also marinated with, I believe, soy and other stuff).

I HATE seeing stuff like that happen.

Yesterday I was so busy I hardly ate enough to keep a goldfish alive (which I also know doesn't help).

I just wanted to say AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:blush::cursing::thumbup:

Don't beat yourself up! It is just Water weight, and I think Lu said, just don't hop on the scales when you know you ate salty the day before. Make sure you drink your water today and it should flush through.

Look who is talking about not getting on the scale! :thumbup: IT IS KILLING ME!!!! I just want to peek! Okay, I am over it!

Maybe doing the pouch test allowed your pouch to heal from abuse? It makes sense. Your pouch is rested from churning. I need to do the pouch test just because I feel like I need a fill on most days. I know that every time that I have done it (I never make it the full 5 days), I have come out of feeling the pouch is working better for me.

I might have to bust out and do the pouch test. I think I will get through this first week of school with the students and then go for it! I could use a jump start!

** sorry about the fries slim, DH has a small addiction as well going on.:blush:

* DH's bday today & he is still sleeping. i would LOVE for him to come downstairs and say lets blow off the gym ; go have brunch somewhere, on some patio and chill for the day.

i much rather some poached eggs on some yummy cream sauce w/a bloody mary (won't weigh if i do):thumbup:

Do you have a recipe for the zuc fries? Pass it along.

Happy B-day to DH! If you workout you can eat more!!! Hope you two have a great day!

salt/savory food is my downfall - can pass up any/all sweets - but cream sauces / cheese .....mmmmmm :thumbup:

Me too!

PJTP: I woke up this morning and checked the temp outside and it was 35! WTH! That is way too cold for this early in the season! I hope this is not an indicator of the winter to come. My poor flowers were all wilty, hoping they perk up this afternoon. I really don't want to have to start hauling in flower pots every night - not yet anyway!

I am going to be at school most of the day - it;s Labor Day, a day to work, right??? Need to get ready for the kids to show up! My room is an absolute mess. The kids were working in the student stores and they hauled all of their crap into the classroom so they could paint! Have to get it all situated so I at least have tables to use tomorrow!Oh well, it will all be done and I will be ready for the kids.

I was redoing lectures and putting them into Power Point last night. Of course I just can't be plain jane about it, I have to have fun cool pictures and animation. Sometimes I make more work for myself than I want!

Better get rollin'! Everybody have a great day!

PJTP: I have to pack today for my trip to Colorado. I am looking forward to spending time in the mountains - seeing my friends and the 'rents.

Has anyone heard from Donna T.? I have not seen her on fb or on here in a LONG time. I have sent her emails with no response. Just wondering if she is doing ok.

I am double trouble! I like 'em both!:blush:

Not meeeee....my downfall is definitely sweets! I've been off salt since HS.

zucchini fries - gave slim the recp this wk & we have been making them - :thumbup:

Ms Lu decided that I needed yet another addiction!:blush: Now I have been making zucchini fries almost daily! OMG they are so good!:blush:

PJTP: I have to pack today for my trip to Colorado. I am looking forward to spending time in the mountains - seeing my friends and the 'rents.

Has anyone heard from Donna T.? I have not seen her on fb or on here in a LONG time. I have sent her emails with no response. Just wondering if she is doing ok.

Have fun on your trip! I have been wondering about Donna too.

Beth, another thing to consider, is all the additional work you did in the yard, the muscles you used that had been dormant, will hold onto Fluid. The first while of a new work out I always gain and then it finally flushes out.

We went to a rally over the weekend, and I tried really hard to behave! I took raw veggies as Snacks, and tried to avoid the everything under the sun fried vendors. The one thing I will not give up, is my chocolate dipped cheesecake. I only had one slice----when I could have easily eated a dozen in the 2 day period! In the end, I come home a pound down. Not going to change the ticker, as we are going to a movie later, and the popcorn will return that pound plus I am sure!

Got bad news when we come home. The company my son works for is transferring him to Louisianna. I am hoping (against the odds) that he chooses to find a different job. I cannot believe my grandson is moving that far away! Grandsons technically--but the new little guy while I love him dearly, is not as embedded in my heart as the 3 year old has made himself! That sounds wrong----what I mean is, I know Connor's favorites, I always try to have him here when I fix mac & cheese or when we grill brats, he gorges himself. I know how he giggles chasing me around the backyard. I KNOW all the things I am going to miss with him. With the baby we haven't yet developed those things, and won't have a chance.....and it SUCKS big fat rotten eggs.< /strong>

We are off to have a late lunch/early dinner with friends. I am just not even hungry----hope I can keep that knowledge as I am confronted with the smells and options of food. No need to eat if I am not hungry. Wish me luck!

Kat-I am so sorry. That has to be some very tough news. How long does your son have to think about his decision?