Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hello all. I can't remember all I have read except about the skechers (sp). I am like Beth (?) I don't know the difference. I just know I am a cheepskate. I can't spend that kind of money on a pair of shoes. When my kids wanted name brand, they worked and paid 1/2 on them. I just can't see paying over $30. or $40. for a pair of shoes. But I am also one that won't spend over $20. on a pair of pants. But I will spend more on my Bras. Don't get me started on purses. I think they are so over priced it isn't funny! Dooney and Burke or whatever it is called is highway robbery! $ 400.00 for a flippin ugly purse. If I was forced to choose to spend a small fortune and the choise was a purse or shoes it would be shoes. They serve a good purpose, purses are a assesary.(sp) $20. for a purse is reasonable IMHO. But my favorite purses I have bought for change or a couple of bucks from thrift stores and yard sales. But like I said I am cheep!:)

Have a good night all

I am at a stage where clothes are cheap. I mean, I'm going through the sizes quickly (though not SO quickly lately... :lol:). Shoes, I typically never spend more than about $40 to $50 for a pair of tennis shoes, which I wear until they die. If I can get these for $80, it stings a bit, but doesn't hurt painfully. Shoes you can wear no matter what size you are.

Dooney and Bourke? Don't even get me started. Ugly is right (sorry if anybody here likes or has them). The last purse I bought I paid $30 at Dress barn and really love it.

Thrift stores are great and I go whenever I can. I love having nice stuff, but I love even more being able to say, "OMG, do you know how CHEAP I got this for? Like five bucks!" Yeah, I'm one of those. :lol:

It's amazing what comes out of my mouth unintentionally.

I am however shocked at your restraint tonight - are you feeling ok?

Sometimes I just like to point things out and let it hang in the air. :)

That, and I was watching "Obsessed" and didn't want to take my attention away to go into a Plain-style drool fest. :lol:

When I go into a store I am automatically drawn to the marked down racks! I got my DGS for his b-day last week a pair of pajama pants (the hulk) for .50. he loved them and isn't any wiser for it. I was actually at the check out and looked up and someone had hung them on the register behind me! I asked the cashier if I was reading the price right and she said yes. I love those type bargains!:)

When I go into a store I am automatically drawn to the marked down racks! I got my DGS for his b-day last week a pair of pajama pants (the hulk) for .50. he loved them and isn't any wiser for it. I was actually at the check out and looked up and someone had hung them on the register behind me! I asked the cashier if I was reading the price right and she said yes. I love those type bargains!:lol:

Omg, you and me both. I know some people are all about the price -- how much they paid for something. I'm all about getting something for next to nothing, and I don't care who I crow to about it. :)

"Omg, this thing was originally a thousand bucks and I got it for 50 cents!!!" lol

I'm not sure. My doc talked a lot about the discomfort. He told us to wait a year before drinking one. I figure he throws out that date because after a year of not having one, you have broken that habit. Instead, I have picked up other habits to take its place.

I would kill for a rootbeer! My all time fav soda!:lol: Tomorrow is my one year! I did have some rootbeer ice cream. I actually just smell the rootbeer when the kids have some in the house - that usually gets it for me.

Maybe I will bust out and have a couple of sips!?!:)

Thrift stores are great and I go whenever I can. I love having nice stuff, but I love even more being able to say, "OMG, do you know how CHEAP I got this for? Like five bucks!" Yeah, I'm one of those. :)

The best part of shopping is the hunt for the bargain!

I went to Macy's and tried on a pair of jeans on the sale rack and they were having one of those 1/2 off the 1/2 off sales. I only shop the sales racks! Well, long story short Tommy Jeans for $10 a pair. The sales gal says, "wait, I think we have more of these in the back!". So I end up with 2 pair for 20 bucks - SCORE!

New purse - so cute and nobody else has one like it - $3 at the thrift store - found it in the athletic section! Too cute!

I could go on, but I won't bore you!

I would kill for a rootbeer! My all time fav soda!:lol: Tomorrow is my one year! I did have some rootbeer ice cream. I actually just smell the rootbeer when the kids have some in the house - that usually gets it for me.

Maybe I will bust out and have a couple of sips!?!:)

Awww! Tomorrow's (today's??) your bandiversary?? CONGRATS!! :lol:

The best part of shopping is the hunt for the bargain!

I went to Macy's and tried on a pair of jeans on the sale rack and they were having one of those 1/2 off the 1/2 off sales. I only shop the sales racks! Well, long story short Tommy Jeans for $10 a pair. The sales gal says, "wait, I think we have more of these in the back!". So I end up with 2 pair for 20 bucks - SCORE!

New purse - so cute and nobody else has one like it - $3 at the thrift store - found it in the athletic section! Too cute!

I could go on, but I won't bore you!

I so get it, but I'm weird that I don't like the hunt. I'm more the type that likes shooting fish in a barrel.

In other words, I like falling into a deal. I don't like spending endless hours at racks or garage sale-type places hunting and pecking for that perfect thing. I love falling into a deal, if that makes sense.

I miss antiquing. I used to go with my mom to an area called the Heights just outside Houston and got some fantastic deals.

I have antiques in my home that I would be hard-pressed to part with, but HERE, I could make a mint off of.

I have two separate Duncan Phyfe dining sets that I paid between $350 and $550 for, with leafs and six chairs, but HERE I can't touch one under about $1800. I also have a couple of wonderful armoires with mirrored doors. I think I paid in the mid-$200s for each, and again, probably couldn't buy HERE for under $1800. I have a GORGEOUS buffet upstairs that I use for our master dresser, and I waited for that bugger to go on sale for well over a year. Got it (after it went on sale AND then I asked for and got an additional 10% off) for about $400... after it had originally been on sale for closer to $900 or so.

THOSE are the bargains I miss. I couldn't fit another antique or other piece of furniture in this house if I tried. Went from over 3300 sf in Houston to about 2200 sf here.

I need to do something to get me looking good by february.

Just thought I would mention that he obviously likes you now. Just saying...:lol:

Not even sure if it's your imagination. Usually they use different names for different things they do. When you call them names like Optimize, Metabolize, and Sport, I would automatically assume they are different in what they do, not just how they look. If all that's different is the look, that's a strange way to market them, with names like that.

It would be strange, but of course, not unheard of.

I was SO gonna run with this! :w00t:

I can't believe that you didn't!:)

I am however shocked at your restraint tonight - are you feeling ok?

I was wondering the same thing?:huh2:

Thrift stores are great and I go whenever I can. I love having nice stuff, but I love even more being able to say, "OMG, do you know how CHEAP I got this for? Like five bucks!" Yeah, I'm one of those. :lol:

I can NEVER find the good sales. I can go to the same store with someone and they find the $300 purse for $5 while I find the same $300 purse for $300.:huh2:

Sometimes I just like to point things out and let it hang in the air. :lol:

That, and I was watching "Obsessed" and didn't want to take my attention away to go into a Plain-style drool fest. :lol:

:lol:

I would kill for a rootbeer! My all time fav soda!:drool: Tomorrow is my one year! I did have some rootbeer ice cream. I actually just smell the rootbeer when the kids have some in the house - that usually gets it for me.

Maybe I will bust out and have a couple of sips!?!:sneaky:

Happy Bandiversary!:blink:

BTW, drunk/buzzed posting alerts. In case I say something EXTRA stoopid. :w00t:

Isn't it fun though?

Okay, guess it's time for bed. Nytol! :smile2:

:laugh:

Morning!

Morning all!

you were busy posting last evening - on topics from popsicles to antiques and shoes. Now where else are you going to have such animated discussions on such a breadth of topics?

Beth your antiques sound beautiful and such bargains! I have very few antiques - and most of them are small items. I can relate to small houses though - I too downsized ALOT and what I notice most is the decreased wall space. I have no more walls on which to hang stuff - and this disturbs me the most. I have pictures not hung/propped anywhere as I don't have the room. Even behind doors and above doorways I have artwork.

Time to get moving...even though I don't want to. I don't know what has come over me, but I am so very sluggish...I can barely get out of my own way these days! BAH!

Have a good day all.

Morning Slim.

WOW - how observant you are to catch Lulu's missing avatar.

For the rest of you, regarding Slim's multi-post about 3 posts back - I echo it (too lazy to recap it).