Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Sounds perfect to me Babygrl. You know, 10-20 years ago, noone would have even thought to ask if it was wrong to have children doing chores, running errands or even "working."

Oh I am not against it lol. Hopefully my boss doesn't care either. But i haven't seen her in a few days since she comes and goes as she pleases. But that is a whole other story, ugh.

Is it completely wrong that I have my 8 year old here at work with me doing my filing? I mean she really likes it and I hate it so it is a win-win situation, right?

Absolutely right! :eek:

My now-18 year old used to come to my office all the time to help out during school vacations and sometimes during the summer as well - we had air-conditioning, ya know...:wub:

I don't think there's anything wrong with it! Heck, there used to be a young man that helped out with a summer lunch / recreation program I worked at during my teen years, and I used to pay him a few dollars a week out of my own pocket because he was so pleasant and hardworking. Years later, I ran into him again as a 17-year-old and he told me how much that experience had shaped him...nearly made me cry to think that his experience as a member of the 'working class' made him think twice about getting involved in something shady, but there it was. He grew up to be a hard-working, intelligent and very likeable young man - and I know I only played a small part in that, but I was happy to help him and happier still that he remembered me and thought the experience was positive. :wub:

I love to see a good work ethic among young people - I think it stands them well for the future!:lol:

Okay, ya'll...I have a quick question for Blackberry users. (btw - I love my Blackberry!!!)

I'm looking for a good app that tracks calories/food intake. Any suggestions?

see if there's a program called "lose it" .. its what i use for my iPhone and LOVE it

Drive by posting... I WANT BUTTER CAKE!!!

sorry!!!!!!!!!!

so, what did i miss? :wub:

PJTP...

see if there's a program called "lose it" .. its what i use for my iPhone and LOVE it

I used "Lose It" prior to getting my Bodybugg and I loved it as well - didn't even think to recommend it!:wub:

Hope they have it for the Blackberry as well...if not, can you get to "The Daily Plate" (Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate) using your Blackberry?

I'm at home fighting with the remnants of a migraine...the worst is over and no vomiting this time (thanks be). Im at that state where the drugs (bless 'em) have left me feeling like there is a cement brick in my skull and the back of my neck, and my eyes still hurt if I open them fully, or look at a light, but I can function with lights off and move my head slowly...

I hope that you are feeling better now.

Happy hump day all! Four more days to mushies!!! I can't wait.

What are you going to eat first?

Hey, I could drink the butter cake through a straw. After all, right now, for me, isn't it supposed to be about healing, not losing? Besides, last time I got on the scale I was down 18.5 since my surgery.

18.5 POUNDS! That is so great!

Taps, wow, I feel for you. I hope you are able to chase the last of that awful Migraine away and have a good rest of the week.

Latest NSV...I was able to cut my insulin shot amount by 50% just this week! I have been taking one shot at night, and after my latest report to my doctor, and getting sub-100 readings in the morning for the past week, he agreed that I can cut the dosage. So far, it's been two days, and my morning numbers are still under 100. I think that's reason to Celebrate - but not with anything sugary! :thumbup:

Cutting that insulin is awesome!

Hey Babygrl,

For you, girlfriend...anything! I'll send it to ya via email. It's in a cookbook at home. It's a great basic recipe that can be tweaked endlessly to add different favorite flavors. I always double the recipe so it's extra high - fills up an entire tube (classic) cake pan, and there are never any leftovers!

If you double the recipe like I do, make sure you have a good, strong, mixer with extra capacity - the first time I did it, I overflowed the mixing bowl!:)

Messy, but made for fun clean-up! :tt2:

Can i have a copy too?

CC, glad to hear the news on Shane. Here's hoping and praying he makes it home this weekend!!

Morning all...whoo hoo - last night was the first one since last October in which the temperature was NOT below freezing....how exciting is that?!?!?

We tried to snow last night and yet we're supposed to be in the high 80's this weekend! Crazy weather!

I'm at home fighting with the remnants of a migraine...the worst is over and no vomiting this time (thanks be). Im at that state where the drugs (bless 'em) have left me feeling like there is a cement brick in my skull and the back of my neck, and my eyes still hurt if I open them fully, or look at a light, but I can function with lights off and move my head slowly...

UGH! Total bummer. I'm praying you are back to normal very soon!

Re: Butter cakes - I make a Sour Cream Pound Cake from scratch that is an absolute killer! It's heavy, dense and has the most wonderful crispy crust on it...my husband eats slices of it with meat like it was sandwich bread. He always requests cupcake-size ones that he calls "Grandma's Specials" and eats them by the dozen when I make them, which isn't often! I made one with Hershey's chocolate Syrup in the batter as a fundraiser for my church's Chocolate Auction, and it fetched the highest price EVER for a cake at the auction...the winner almost didn't make it out of the church with it - people were still trying to buy it as she went out the door!:eek:

Yummmmmm!!

Latest NSV...I was able to cut my insulin shot amount by 50% just this week! I have been taking one shot at night, and after my latest report to my doctor, and getting sub-100 readings in the morning for the past week, he agreed that I can cut the dosage. So far, it's been two days, and my morning numbers are still under 100. I think that's reason to Celebrate - but not with anything sugary! :tt2:

Fantastic! WTG!!!

btw - is there anything paula dean makes that doesn't include a stick of butta'?

Not that I've seen!!

Is it completely wrong that I have my 8 year old here at work with me doing my filing? I mean she really likes it and I hate it so it is a win-win situation, right?

Not wrong at all. Keeps her busy and helps you in the process! I always hated filing!

ditto to what donna says.

if my dogs had posable thumbs - they'd have laundry to do.

If ya ever figure this one out, let me know!

Heck, there used to be a young man that helped out with a summer lunch / recreation program I worked at during my teen years, and I used to pay him a few dollars a week out of my own pocket because he was so pleasant and hardworking. Years later, I ran into him again as a 17-year-old and he told me how much that experience had shaped him...nearly made me cry to think that his experience as a member of the 'working class' made him think twice about getting involved in something shady, but there it was. He grew up to be a hard-working, intelligent and very likeable young man - and I know I only played a small part in that, but I was happy to help him and happier still that he remembered me and thought the experience was positive. :)

I love to see a good work ethic among young people - I think it stands them well for the future!:thumbup:

That's cool! You just never know how you touch people. It's neat that you saw him later and he could tell you how he was doing and what you meant to him.

Thanks for the well wishes! It sure was scary! I'm doing okay now. Really sore but that's to be expected I guess. Sooooo glad I was able to get to him Monday night. I couldn't imagine going another day or 2 doing what I was doing!

Beth, I took a look at that link you posted about the 19yr old who's having a lot of the same problems that I had. I can't imagine going as long as she has. I'll have to find it again to see if she's updated at all. Drive-time, phooey!, get thee to the surgeon NOW!!!! I pray she and her band are okay but I don't know after this long. Sounds bad.

I'm thankful I'm still not much interested in food. Still pretty swollen, I'd imagine. With DH and DD they're eating regular food and I could care less right now! I'm even fixing some of it for them! Speaking of which, I need to go puree some bean Soup for lunch. It's been awhile and I should go eat.

Have a great day!!

Awesome job Beth!!!

WTF can't Uncle Sam just get it right when he takes money from my paycheck. Because, seriously, looking at this mess makes me want to cry. I am not even finished yet and already poorer than I was this afternoon. F*&^*&ck the state of Michigan. I swear I had better not leave the house tonight because if I see one person with 13 kids in tow paying for groceries with a bridge card and wearing designer clothes I am going to flip out. But then at least my tax dollars would be going to pay for my own care at the county jail.

Oh and happy birthday OHJuli!!!!!

Nothing wrong with it at all...

if my dogs had posable thumbs - they'd have laundry to do.

Cats too!!

Okay, TSV (total scale victory): Psst, look below

|

|

|

|

V

Whoo Hoo!!! I know how hard you have worked for this, so YAY Beth!!!

WTF can't Uncle Sam just get it right when he takes money from my paycheck. Because, seriously, looking at this mess makes me want to cry. I am not even finished yet and already poorer than I was this afternoon. F*&^*&ck the state of Michigan. I swear I had better not leave the house tonight because if I see one person with 13 kids in tow paying for groceries with a bridge card and wearing designer clothes I am going to flip out. But then at least my tax dollars would be going to pay for my own care at the county jail.

Well how do you REALLY feel, bbg?!? :)