Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Drive by posting... I WANT BUTTER CAKE!!!

I know, right? Thank goodness I don't know specifically what it is! Susan, you could drink cake batter, right? :)

I just want to state, for the record, I think I would get a complete unfill if I had the opportunity to go to Paula Deen's restaurant. Just so I could get the unlimited southern buffet. Hell I might even eat some collard greens.

Oh and I just made some ooey gooey butter cake for those of you not reading my insane number of updates on my culinary skills. Effing amazing. I might need new pants.

I haven't had gooey cake in yrs. Is it lemon gooey butter cake?:) Where do you live again? I lost the recipe for it a long time ago. I WANT SOME whaaaaaaa:crying:

Ooops.....mea culpa! I didn't look at her age. I was still wearing footy pajamas and drinking warm milk @ 19. I won't even go into how my mom used to take my temp....

Not a mental image I needed before bed!:)

I just want to state, for the record, I think I would get a complete unfill if I had the opportunity to go to Paula Deen's restaurant. Just so I could get the unlimited southern buffet. Hell I might even eat some collard greens.

Oh and I just made some ooey gooey butter cake for those of you not reading my insane number of updates on my culinary skills. Effing amazing. I might need new pants.

Ok, I so agree with you about her restaurant. I have seen her make many gooey butter cakes. I have never tasted one. Based on what you have said, I don't think I should. I would completely stop losing weight.:)

I haven't had gooey cake in yrs. Is it lemon gooey butter cake?:lol: Where do you live again? I lost the recipe for it a long time ago. I WANT SOME whaaaaaaa:crying:

See, yet another reason for me to never taste gooey butter cake!

What's with all the cake mix recipes for that?? Curiosity had me googling for the recipe and every single one that I found calls for a "packet of yellow cake mix". Doesn't ANYONE make cakes using flour and stuff anymore? Not even the "famous" online chefs??? Even the chocolate gooey butter cake variation called for a packet of chocolate cake mix!

Actually there is. I worked dilligently with congress to establish "Plain's law". This much-needed legislation would make it a misdemeanor to engage in any exercise that would make me look lazy. Sorry BG and Mac.

Oh well, there you go...

I think I'm going to do the Olympic course. It's longer and harder but it's on Sunday so I can cheer on my friend and not have to find a mountain bike.

So far I'm doing okay with the fill. It would make me batty to not know what I'm getting. That's ridiculous IMO, and I wouldn't leave the doctor's until I knew what was going on with the band.

Exactly. It's your body and your band. I would tell the surgeon to go stuff it. :wub:

". Doesn't ANYONE make cakes using flour and stuff anymore?

I do, all the time! In fact, made several this weekend!

As cruel as it sounds, we can't always help the terminally stupid.

More's the pity! But if we could, imagine the money we could make.........

Morning all...whoo hoo - last night was the first one since last October in which the temperature was NOT below freezing....how exciting is that?!?!?

I'm at home fighting with the remnants of a migraine...the worst is over and no vomiting this time (thanks be). Im at that state where the drugs (bless 'em) have left me feeling like there is a cement brick in my skull and the back of my neck, and my eyes still hurt if I open them fully, or look at a light, but I can function with lights off and move my head slowly...

Happy hump day all! Four more days to mushies!!! I can't wait.

Hey, I could drink the butter cake through a straw. After all, right now, for me, isn't it supposed to be about healing, not losing? Besides, last time I got on the scale I was down 18.5 since my surgery.

Taps, wow, I feel for you. I hope you are able to chase the last of that awful Migraine away and have a good rest of the week.

PJTP...

Taps - I hope your Migraine goes far, far away and never darkens your doorstep again. I suffered with them for a short while, and nothing but Excedrin Migraine would touch them - it's the worst feeling in the world, I think...

Re: Butter cakes - I make a Sour Cream Pound Cake from scratch that is an absolute killer! It's heavy, dense and has the most wonderful crispy crust on it...my husband eats slices of it with meat like it was sandwich bread. He always requests cupcake-size ones that he calls "Grandma's Specials" and eats them by the dozen when I make them, which isn't often! I made one with Hershey's chocolate Syrup in the batter as a fundraiser for my church's Chocolate Auction, and it fetched the highest price EVER for a cake at the auction...the winner almost didn't make it out of the church with it - people were still trying to buy it as she went out the door!:lol:

Re: Fill levels - my doctor doesn't really talk about mine, either...of course, I'm nosy, so I look at my chart, but I'm going more by how I feel and less how much is in my band. I think I'm at 3 or 4 cc's right now, and I feel plenty tight. I would have thought that a 10cc band (which is what I think I have, but I'm not sure) would need "more" to get me to a restricted level, but no such. I guess for those detail-oriented folk among us, they might obsess over the level and not do the other stuff necessary, so that's why the doc doesn't tell.

I dunno - I tend to believe that knowledge is power, and I WANT to know. At my next appt, I'm going to ask, and I'll keep the info in my iPhone...:wub:

Latest NSV...I was able to cut my insulin shot amount by 50% just this week! I have been taking one shot at night, and after my latest report to my doctor, and getting sub-100 readings in the morning for the past week, he agreed that I can cut the dosage. So far, it's been two days, and my morning numbers are still under 100. I think that's reason to Celebrate - but not with anything sugary! :wub:

Look on www.pauladeen.com for ooey gooey cakes. There are several versions. I made the plain old butter cake. I do want to try the double chocolate one at some point. Maybe next time there is a potluck at work. I try to save my best recipes for those. As for the homemade cake mix, I'll bet as long as you can make the powder for it that you could use that instead of boxed. But really, using the box of cake mix is so easy.

Ebony is your pound cake a super secret or do you wanna share that recipe?

Hey Babygrl,

For you, girlfriend...anything! I'll send it to ya via email. It's in a cookbook at home. It's a great basic recipe that can be tweaked endlessly to add different favorite flavors. I always double the recipe so it's extra high - fills up an entire tube (classic) cake pan, and there are never any leftovers!

If you double the recipe like I do, make sure you have a good, strong, mixer with extra capacity - the first time I did it, I overflowed the mixing bowl!:wub:

Messy, but made for fun clean-up! :wub:

Four more days to mushies!!! I can't wait....last time I got on the scale I was down 18.5 since my surgery.

So Susan, have you been fantasizing about what that first mushie meal will be???

PJTP...

Re: Butter cakes - I make a Sour Cream Pound Cake from scratch that is an absolute killer! It's heavy, dense and has the most wonderful crispy crust on it... I made one with Hershey's chocolate Syrup in the batter as a fundraiser for my church's Chocolate Auction, and it fetched the highest price EVER for a cake at the auction...the winner almost didn't make it out of the church with it - people were still trying to buy it as she went out the door!:lol:

I guess for those detail-oriented folk among us, they might obsess over the level and not do the other stuff necessary, so that's why the doc doesn't tell. I dunno - I tend to believe that knowledge is power, and I WANT to know. At my next appt, I'm going to ask, and I'll keep the info in my iPhone...:wub:

Latest NSV...I was able to cut my insulin shot amount by 50% just this week! I think that's reason to Celebrate - but not with anything sugary! :wub:

What a FABULOUS NSV!!! YAY Ebony!!!

For me, it is MY body - anything in/on it is MINE and I have the right and the responsibility to know. And BTW, as patients, you do have the right to know. Any doc telling you differently, or throwing up roadblocks is in fact in contravention of codes of ethics, laws, best practices, and common sense (a few notable exceptions exist of course)!

What she said!

taps - hope your feeling better, you sound ready to make a butter cake though :wub:

re: butter cake - 2 tables, 1 w/cake - 1 w/chips & queso.....i'm diving head first into the cheese...LOL glad i don't have a sweet tooth, to me yogurt is dessert..

ebony - congrats on the NSV!!!!!

btw - is there anything paula dean makes that doesn't include a stick of butta'?

What's with all the cake mix recipes for that?? Curiosity had me googling for the recipe and every single one that I found calls for a "packet of yellow cake mix". Doesn't ANYONE make cakes using flour and stuff anymore? Not even the "famous" online chefs??? Even the chocolate gooey butter cake variation called for a packet of chocolate cake mix!

LOL, I still make cakes the old fashioned way but mixes are great in a pinch. I made an angel food cake from scratch about two weeks ago - it was OK but not great. I made it again with strawberries and cream about a week ago for another dinner party and used a box mix . . . and it was wonderful. Mixes are just so easy, they have become very popular here in the US.

I don't know what a gooey butter cake is and I am afraid to look up a recipe, lol. In my current preggo state, I probably couldn't resist giving it a go, lol.

Colorado - so glad to hear Shane's home and well.

Heartfire - ouch! Glad to hear the doc didn't think it was a slip.

I don't know if anyone here has seen this yet, but I needed to share! It gives me goosebumps!! It just goes to show that we should never judge by appearances.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009

Brought tears to my eyes. That was awesome!

Ah...leave it to Plain to give me my first giggle of the morning.

Morning!

So far I'm doing okay with the fill. It would make me batty to not know what I'm getting. That's ridiculous IMO, and I wouldn't leave the doctor's until I knew what was going on with the band.

I have a stress management/yoga class with the Doc's therapist on Wednesday. He suggested I get some stress therapy since I get tighter with stress and have been mega stressed lately.

On exercise note, we took DD's friend to the gym with us last night. They're pretty laid back there, and we normally just walk in and wave...so it wasn't an issue for her to go. She and DD were on the elipticals and DH and I were on the treadmills in front of them. I was doing a modified vs of C25K, where I'd walk for 1.5 mins and run for 2 mins, for a total of 30 minutes. Afterwards, I asked the girl what she thought of the gym and her eyes got wide and she said, "YOU WERE RUNNING!!"

I felt good and bad. Good, that, yeah - I was running! (Said like Forest Gump). Bad, because I guess I'm so fat she was shocked that I could run! :wub:

Let me know how you like Yoga stress management classes. As for pre-teens/teenagers, I think they're shocked anyone over the age of 30 can even walk much less run. Remember, we're all decrepit to them, regardless of our weight.

Is it completely wrong that I have my 8 year old here at work with me doing my filing? I mean she really likes it and I hate it so it is a win-win situation, right?