Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

DH and I each had an account prior to marriage, so we kept them, and then opened a joint account for bills etc. Now we use them more as savings accounts, for special things.

My old checking account gets used by me to travel, or when I am "saving" to buy something I want.

His old one is our motorcycle account. All year long, we do not spend $5.00 bills. They go into a bank, then when it gets full of them, and the change from his pockets each day, we deposit it in his old account. Then come summer when we take our bike trips, we use it. It never affects our bill paying account.

We also round up our debits, and round down our deposits to the nearest dollar, and when the account grows to $1000.00 above a set amount, we pull the thousand and dump it into a CD.

But the truth be told, if there were one of us with a money problem, it would be me, before him without a question! He makes me be better with money than I would have ever been otherwise!

And we have also opened a savings account for each of the grandkids, with them and one of us on the account. They do not lack for anything, so often on holidays, we will give them something minor, and add to their account.

Maybe writing down what we do have someplace might be a good plan!!! Or I could spend it all, and it wouldn't be an issue!!!

hi guys i have been awol for a few days i gave pilot boy the boot because older guy is much nicer..he surprised me again with my favorite perfume that is discontinued and i thought that was very sweet..

Kat - good idea with the $5's...I really like that idea. I'll think more before breaking a $20 down. (It goes so quickly!) DH is more thrifty than I am. I will go through saving spurts, but then 2 times a year, I'll go on spending sprees and blow all my hard work from the previous 6 months. :huh2:

SMS - DUDE!!!!! Please tell me you dumped BF, are living on your own and are dating new guy with no strings????

Even if he's a bastard, break up with him and leave before dating someone new...right? Or am I just really old and old fashioned?

SMS - DUDE!!!!! Please tell me you dumped BF, are living on your own and are dating new guy with no strings????

Even if he's a bastard, break up with him and leave before dating someone new...right? Or am I just really old and old fashioned?

Nope, not old-fashioned. I have no problem with somebody playing the field so long as they're not committed to somebody. Otherwise it's just playing games and being dishonest.

BF sounds like a piece of crap, but it doesn't mean that anybody should drop to his level by using him.

Nope, not old-fashioned. I have no problem with somebody playing the field so long as they're not committed to somebody. Otherwise it's just playing games and being dishonest.

BF sounds like a piece of crap, but it doesn't mean that anybody should drop to his level by using him.

me and bf have been i different rooms for a yr..this weekend i asked if he wanted to do something all together as a family he said no do your own thing so i took my sweet new ride out for a spin and visited some girlfriends..

me and him have had the talk about breaking up but neither of us want to leave the house

I've yet to be in a really clean Starbucks bathroom; good thing I have a camel bladder and can avoid public washrooms if I have to!

I've never been in a dirty Starbucks bathroom anywhere in the country. We frequently do cross country road trips and are dedicated fans of Starbucks coffee so we frequent them quite often.

I cannot imagine either not ironing for 2 years...

The arms of shirts must have a crease (not blouses, but shirts); the collar must be pressed down firmly, and for my shirts with french cuffs, they too must be pressed back and ironed so that the end is knife-sharp ... these are the creases that I ensure are in place.

I think you need to have your temperature checked... Do you that type of ironing on your own? Please tell me you send it out to the cleaners. I will Iron out a crease here and there and girl scout Patches for my daughter but unless it's permanent press, everything else goes to the cleaners.

PJTP - DH (really not the "H" part, but we mostly are...) and I just got our first joint banking account.

I'm a bit nervous. Not that I don't trust him, but it's just DIFFERENT. (I don't know why I'm nervous...we opened it with HIS money...ha ha...SUCKER.)

Yay! This is another major step in your relationship. Soon you'll be setting a wedding date...

I have complete control of all the finances in our house. My DH trusts me implicitly and doesn't even ask.

Another reason I look forward to retirement, or a work-from-home job...I HATE wearing a suit every day and nylons, and pumps with purse to match...

What industry do you work in where you still have to wear pumps!?! Yukkers!

He is too fat to swim so he has to wear a life jacket outside in the summer. He likes to fall in the pool alot.

The visual of a bullie in a life jacket is SO cute. Pls take a pic for us!!!

Need to clean - harumph!!:huh2: It is a pleasure to clean, therapeutic, happy thing!:)

Um, Tap, dear.....all that cold weather has warped your brain!!!

ROFL That's where he gets it then.... He is an English Bullie. Initially they bred a mastif and a pug to get english bullies.

*Inappropriate comment alert*

I sincerely hope that the mastiff was the female in that pairing...I can't imagine a male mastiff (my dog is a solid 90 pounds) "getting busy" with a pug!:heart::eek::eek::eek::lol:

*Inappropriate comment alert end*:eek:

GAH!!!!!!! :lol:

oh good kat, i volunteer at our local ASPCA and the shelters are PACKED right now with many having to turn over their pets due to the economy. you should be able to find the perfect companion at a shelter.

I didn't know you volunteered at the ASPCA - that's awesome!

PJTP - DH (really not the "H" part, but we mostly are...) and I just got our first joint banking account.

I'm a bit nervous. Not that I don't trust him, but it's just DIFFERENT. (I don't know why I'm nervous...we opened it with HIS money...ha ha...SUCKER.)

SUCKAH!!!!!! All this time, I thought you were married! Oopsers

While I am not commenting on SMS's lovelife, I did wanna say that if your thought makes you "really old and old fashioned" then I'm right there wichya!

I have complete control of all the finances in our house. My DH trusts me implicitly and doesn't even ask.

Y'all know I'm single. I would so love to be able to hand over the finances to someone but I really don't know that I could give up control being the finance nerd that I am!

Does that mean you can cut glass with your shirts? It's pretty cold in here, I htink I might be able to. Oh wait, that may be TMI.

Who said what? The "boob reference" siren I had installed just went off and I had to investigate....

And update on the job situation: was offered, and subsequently turned down, the position that would require me to move 1500 miles (some of them north); still awaiting word on the work-from-home-50% of the time job. The interview for it was BRUTAL...and I'm someone who usually loves interviews (a wonderful opportunity to think on your feet, and demonstrate your communication skills first hand).

That's weird. Most of my interviews involve me rotating a hula-hoop in my speedos. You're welcome for the mental image.

What a cute dog! My bull mastiff mix is a shedder too - seems that whenever my DD sweeps the house, she can get up enough hair to make a small dog on a regular basis...:huh2:

Love Mastiffs. My dog, a newfoundland, is kind of a "cousin" to the breed. Newfs are the sweetest. dogs. ever.

I'm pretty sure you can trust a dude that goes by "Bevo". Now I might not trust a dude that went by "Longhorn", but that's neither here nor there.

Nope, not old-fashioned

Hmmmmm, are Beth and Glouc old?!? They do prefer to eat dinner at 3:30.....

Yay! This is another major step in your relationship. Soon you'll be setting a wedding date...

And pretty soon after that, you'll actually get to "have relations". Ah, I'm jealous for you young kids!!

That's weird. Most of my interviews involve me rotating a hula-hoop in my speedos. You're welcome for the mental image.

Love Mastiffs. My dog, a newfoundland, is kind of a "cousin" to the breed. Newfs are the sweetest. dogs. ever.

Ewwwwwwwwww - why do you waste perfectly good brain space coming up with these gross speedo images? You really just wanna get skinny so you can parade around in butt floss - admit it!

Newfies are SO cute. Way too big for me to handle, I think, but gorgeous.

Guess I am old fashioned too then girls, I say get out of one relationship before playing up another. I have been the one cheated on and it sucks---not something I condone in any circumstances. But just MHO.

The other thought that comes to mind is that how your son sees things is how he will learn to behave. Living in a healthy place is better than simply living in the house. Do you want him to grow up thinking that couples live in different parts of the house and do not do things together? And that it is ok if his woman goes out with other men. As the future MIL of the woman, that would be hard to be pissy with her, when you know how it is.....

I was young, thin and single once, I know how fun it can be....but there are consequences, and futures to consider.

Plain, my next door neighbor has a newfie, and I agree, he is a baby of a dog. He is so good with the kids!

Well I am off to bed, everyone have a good night! DH is snoring in front of the fire, so I think it is time!!!

Is there something wrong with dinner at 3:30?

Not really a problem per se, but Glouc and Beth go to bed around 4:15 (since they're....you know...old and stuff) and they really need more time to digest / clean dentures, etc.