Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

And update on the job situation: was offered, and subsequently turned down, the position that would require me to move 1500 miles (some of them north); still awaiting word on the work-from-home-50% of the time job. The interview for it was BRUTAL...and I'm someone who usually loves interviews (a wonderful opportunity to think on your feet, and demonstrate your communication skills first hand).

good luck taps....

My DH is extremely casual at work, and they supply his clothing! He gets jeans, and can have polo shirts, or button down, and they even offer tshirts, but he usually opts for the first 2, long sleeve button down through the winter, and polos for the summer. The polos we can get in 5 or 6 color combos all aligned with the company, and sporting the logo. If I wash, dry and hang, there are no wrinkles to deal with!

We have 2 hampers---one in the bedroom, and one in the bath, when they are full it is laundry time, sometimes that comes more frequently, other times it takes awhile....but that is the guage!! And I always do the laundry! Then again he works 10-12 hours a day, and I don't!

As for ironing.....very rarely!!! If we are dressing up---to go out, or to a funeral!! LMAO My hands hold the Iron about as often as my feet hit the heels, special occasions only!

Got my first fill yesterday after being unfilled for almost a year! Next month would have made a year! Did really well until my last surgery for a twisted intestine, and have had issues with hives, and been on steroids since then, and packed on what I thought to be about 30 pounds, the Dr.s scales said it was 24.5. Nah, I know better. So I am avoiding my scale completely for awhile. I am on liquids for a few days, going to slowly baby my pouch back into this, and do a lengthened version of the 5 day pouch test. Jump start it, and get this weight back off! Sucks having to do it twice!!

He said the steroids, along with the diet he put me on following the intestinal surgery set me up for failure. Gee thanks.

Drinking warm tea, and it is a slow go.....I always tend to swell following fills, so gonna take it really easy!

Lu, that pup is adorable! I want it! Never heard of a Morkie, I can see it is a cute blend. I know little to nothing about either breed, other than they are cute. Are both breeds non shedders? That is what I need is one that does not shed, for allergy issues. Anyone have any suggestions? I am about ready to turn my heart over again. I fell in love with my granddaughters little pug she tried to get us to keep, but my allergies could not take it (which is part of the hive issue --- pet dander) So he is living with my parents, and being spoiled beyond belief! I expected it of my Mom, but my Dad is the one! LOL

Off to read some threads, I have so much to do, and don't wanna do any of it. I am not afflicted with Taps need to clean attitude! My house is tidy, and I know it is clean, I know all the surfaces are washed, as am I, but I feel no need to deep clean all the time!! Too bad, I could use some of the dedication to it!

Stop copying me :mellow:

your just a tad faster than i am this AM:tt2:

kat - not sure if a morkie sheds; but i bet grooming is involved...

go to petfinder.com and you can plug in your lifestyle, needs, shedding, etc and they will tell you the best breed.

no go on the dog; my neighbor actually rescued her so i'll actually get to see her regularly. i knew should would swoop in when we didn't make a fast decision. she just lost her yorkie to coyotes last month.

Oh man just don't let short hair on a dog fool you. I didn't think mine would shed like he does since its so short.... BULL! He sheds everywhere and it's so freaking hard to get off of things.

He is SOOOOOOO worth it though :mellow:

post-225533-13813138261693_thumb.jpg

Oh man just don't let short hair on a dog fool you. I didn't think mine would shed like he does since its so short.... BULL! He sheds everywhere and it's so freaking hard to get off of things.

He is SOOOOOOO worth it though :blink:

What a cute dog! My bull mastiff mix is a shedder too - seems that whenever my DD sweeps the house, she can get up enough hair to make a small dog on a regular basis...:mellow:

What a cute dog! My bull mastiff mix is a shedder too - seems that whenever my DD sweeps the house, she can get up enough hair to make a small dog on a regular basis...:mellow:

ROFL That's where he gets it then.... He is an English Bullie. Initially they bred a mastif and a pug to get english bullies.

He is too fat to swim so he has to wear a life jacket outside in the summer. He likes to fall in the pool alot.

I have a silky terrier. Looks like a yorkie but a little bit bigger. They don't shed.

My bf just got a dog and I see problems coming. He seems to think dogs should be able to get on the bed and if that dog is on my bed, there is going to be trouble. I don't want dog hair on my bed. That's why I bought a dog that does not shed.

Good luck Tap!
good luck taps....

Thanks

I am not afflicted with Taps need to clean attitude! My house is tidy, and I know it is clean, I know all the surfaces are washed, as am I, but I feel no need to deep clean all the time!! Too bad, I could use some of the dedication to it!

Need to clean - harumph!!:mellow: It is a pleasure to clean, therapeutic, happy thing!:blink:

no go on the dog; my neighbor actually rescued her so i'll actually get to see her regularly. i knew should would swoop in when we didn't make a fast decision. she just lost her yorkie to coyotes last month.

So you get the pleasure of the company without the expense of the vet bills or walks on a crappy rainy day!

He is SOOOOOOO worth it though :eek:

He is so cute!

He is too fat to swim so he has to wear a life jacket outside in the summer. He likes to fall in the pool alot.

But don't the other dogs laugh at him?

Yeah tap he gets laughed at alot.... He thinks he is a border collie. We have 2 other dogs both border collies in the family. He thinks he can keep up with them and swim, dive, catch balls etc... It's a sad reality that he doesn't even seem to realize lol.

He's the next to be banded... then on to my 20lb cat..

ROFL That's where he gets it then.... He is an English Bullie. Initially they bred a mastif and a pug to get english bullies.

*Inappropriate comment alert*

I sincerely hope that the mastiff was the female in that pairing...I can't imagine a male mastiff (my dog is a solid 90 pounds) "getting busy" with a pug!:blink::eek::eek::eek::eek:

*Inappropriate comment alert end*

:mellow:

*Inappropriate comment alert*

I sincerely hope that the mastiff was the female in that pairing...I can't imagine a male mastiff (my dog is a solid 90 pounds) "getting busy" with a pug!:blink::eek::eek::eek::eek:

*Inappropriate comment alert end*

:mellow:

My understanding is the mastiffs are the males and they use artificial insemination :)

English bullies also are artifical insemination and must be delivered csection.

My son has a huge English Bulldog, and he thinks he is a little boy.....so maybe they all have identity disorders. Then again their little boy, thinks HE is a bulldog....walks around (often on all 4's) sniffing everything.

Thanks for the site Lu......I will do a rescue when the right one comes along, but do not want to add to ones sense of abandonment, if my allergies kick in. Luckily with the little pug, he was so used to the entire family, he adjusted without issue. Talked to my Mom a minute ago, and he is in trouble, he got on my Dads end table and helped himself to the ice cream Dad left there. Ate it all but the nuts.

Which in and of itself would be bad enough, but my Dad is diabetic, so the ice cream is sugar free, and it tears up a persons digestion and causes gas, so Lord knows what is gonna happen to the dog! She said she put him in his kennel while cleaning things up and if Dad had a kennel she would put him in his too!!!

He is SOOOOOOO worth it though :mellow:

brandy that pic is FANTASTIC - how cute!!!

Thanks for the site Lu......I will do a rescue when the right one comes along, but do not want to add to ones sense of abandonment, if my allergies kick in. !

oh good kat, i volunteer at our local ASPCA and the shelters are PACKED right now with many having to turn over their pets due to the economy. you should be able to find the perfect companion at a shelter.

?JT?: Does anybody else here have a digital scale? And if you do, is it indicative that the battery is going bad if you get on the freakin thing three times and get three different weights within minutes of each other? :huh2: