Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Oh, on a side note, for all your bacon lovers, this weekend is BaconFest in Atlanta. Bacon, beer and bands!! What more could you possibly ask for???

EMTs, cardioologists, and morticians?

Wow, I did not realize I had missed so much this morning.

Susan, you are a strong woman. You have already proven that many times over. You both have the love for each other to work on things. I wish you both the best.

DH and I have separate accounts. We did the joint account thing once. That was enough for both of us.

Wow, a very busy posting morning.

Susan, I knew a bit about what happened through Facebook but didn't have the level of detail you've disclosed here. I'm so sorry you had to go through that pain. I hope it turns out well for you.

Thanks guys, I think it will. I even went so far as to send my hubby an invite to be my friend again on Facebook today.

I would so love to be able to hand over the finances to someone...

I'll PM you my bank routing info ;o)

Not possible. I'm already heading to bed by then.

I'm an early to bed person too. I get up at 3:50 am and start getting ready around 4:30am. I must allow ample coffee time or *nothing* is happening.

Me too....

hey BBK, nice to see you! :tt1:

I know you FB all the time but I deleted my account with them.

I am considering doing this with my FB and MS accounts too. I never have time for them and I feel awful about it. It makes me feel like I'm ignoring my friends and I'm really not. The time factor is just not there anymore...

Thanks guys, I think it will. I even went so far as to send my hubby an invite to be my friend again on Facebook today.

Susan, wow - thanks for opening up. I truly believe what your husband says. Especially with the admittal from the conspirator. Sometimes it just makes us feel better to spiel, I know I do!

I went through something similar - and I'm here to tell you, you can work through it. It can also make your marriage even stronger. I know this can be true for you and Hubby as well. I also think taking that alone time in MX will help you two along.

Best Wishes with that!

Re: Breaking up before finding a new partner. I totally agree with this concept whole heartedly. I'm not sure if that would make us in this train of thought old fashioned, it's just the right thing to do. Too many people get hurt otherwise.

HOLY CRAP!! you guys post a lot... granted i havent been here in ages, but geesh!

i wont even lie and say that i've read much... but i just wanted to post to post and say hi and that i'm mostly on FB now... and Joshua is now crying so i gotta go ... :tt1:

Everyone is going to facebook! Don't go! I don't facebook... I miss you all when you are gone! (ok, I know that sounds whiny, but...)

It is not in the least whiny, Slim. It is an eloquent expression of heart-felt emotions....(I don't FB either)

I'm working from home today and so I thought I'd use my "lunch" hour to post on here! :tt1:

Is there something wrong with dinner at 3:30?

Other than I'd be starving by 8, no! :blink:

Ugh I have the worst headache ever.

I had that a couple weeks ago for 10 days. I got so sick of it that I went to the gp (on a Wed). "Your BP is up." (140/90) Uh yeah I've had a headache for 10. fricken. days! I got a shot and a script. I had an appt with my LB surgeon on Friday and my BP was already down to 124/76! :w00t: and yes I am a nerd and keep my BP, pulse, weight, and last cycle in my bberry!

You know...I came home last night around 5ish, and had to FIGHT the urge to take a nap!!! What does THAT tell ya?

I do that too but fight it b/c I know I'd never get to sleep at night when I wanted to!

A group of ladies in my area of work were getting really bad headaches and eye-stinging. Each of us just thought it was the pollen, but when we all started talking about it, realized it was dirty/dusty vents at work. They fixed it and today is fine.

Wow; they actually listened and acted? Shocking!

I'm not really married - but DD and DH get along like we're family and he puts her first in all things. He even has that "dad sigh" when she wants to go the mall or do something that will cost money. :tt2: So, it's a clear relationship and I *hope* I haven't confused her. If anything, I can see her never getting married, or waiting a long time like I have done.

And, finally good morning everyone! :)

How long have y'all been together?

Susan, you have it so tough. I've been down the ex-wife path and it's not fun. It sounds like she just needs a hunting trip with Dick Cheney.

Cheney-hysterical!!!

What a waste of skin, breath and natural resources.

and air and water!!!

Here SNT. I posted it yesterday too.. This is my baby.

Sorry! I thought that was a sweater!

...DH knows all of that, and I know his financial history. He has a crazy ex-wife who stayed home from work and ran up bills on the Home Shopping Channel, opened credit cards in "their" name and after the divorce, he got stuck with the bills.

See I so don't get that BS. Why can't judges see that crap and send the bills to the appropriate person?

i think it's extremely important for a couple to decide who "wants" control over the finances - i don't think it can be both (personal experience). DH deals w/that stuff - i have no desire, other than what to do in an emergency.

I agree that it should be one person but I definitely think the other should know about every account including all insurances. My grandfather had life insurance policies that my granny knew nothing about.

hope you & DH work through things.

me tooooo. what drama - I hope it KILLED the ex-bitch that he had um performance problems. what i don't get it manipulating a married man into sleeping with her. she's insane in the membrane, that one.

sms - somone else mentioned it but the best example you can set for your son is to see you in a healthy / loving relationship or no relationship at all. i'm NO fan of cheating, karma has a way of showing his ugly head to even up the score in my mind.

re: karma - see Susan's ex-wife's mess. she'll get hers, i believe!

Really about y'all's coffee addictions makes me really miss caffeine, damn you alllllll!!! :ohmy:

We also have passwords in a file at home, stealthily named: LOG IN INFO, so if one is out of commission then the other knows who/what/how to access accounts.

I need to write all of mine down for my parents plus all of the benefits I would receive from my employer. Just like a will that i need to file with the state; so many to do's. At least I've cut my phone/internet/TV cost and as of today, my gas bill therm costs. Yeah!

So, she's like carbs...after a couple weeks you don't even miss it.

Not missing carbs? What craziness are you speaking?

Oh, on a side note, for all your bacon lovers, this weekend is BaconFest in Atlanta. Bacon, beer and bands!! What more could you possibly ask for???

OK I live here and hadn't heard about "BaconFest"!!!

I'll PM you my bank routing info ;o)

Wait, i wanted someone to do mine; I'm not looking to do someone else's financials!!!!

Working from home every Wed rocks!!!!! I did find out yesterday that I may be reporting to a new VP who doesn't do the whole flex schedule and/or work from home thing so that would suck if it gets taken away. But dangit, I have a job and am thankful for it! Truly!

DH will never join FB. he has issues w/social sites - but doesn't consider his harley & corvette forums such:blink:

btw - naps don't suck.....EVER!!!:thumbup:

No matter how much I heart Facebook I heart LBT as well =)

Me, too! I can't give up both. If LBT didn't have so much weirdness to it lately, I'd have stuck with it a little longer.

That, and I actually get work done when I'm not online. Go figure.

How long have y'all been together?

See I so don't get that BS. Why can't judges see that crap and send the bills to the appropriate person?

OK I live here and hadn't heard about "BaconFest"!!!

Working from home every Wed rocks!!!!! I did find out yesterday that I may be reporting to a new VP who doesn't do the whole flex schedule and/or work from home thing so that would suck if it gets taken away. But dangit, I have a job and am thankful for it! Truly!

1 -been dating 2 years, living together almost one, and friends for longer. We joke that it's only been 2 years because we really feel like it's been closer to 10!

2 - I think men get hit with that more often...or else women don't talk about it. A lady at work was telling me that the same thing happened to her son, and I know the same thing happened to my brother. I've said something before about women being bitches and I was accused of being "Jealous and snotty" well, I am NOT jealous - some women are bitches and give the rest of us bad names.

3 - I really want to try chocolate covered bacon once in my life...just to see what it's like. I'm a food tryer. I like trying new stuff, no matter what it is. If someone else is eating it, I want to as well!

4 - While I am VERY happy, too, to have a job I miss my old one where I had every other Friday off. I love being off in the middle of the day. It's just great, and a lot more got done while I was at work because I was so rested from before.