Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Oh honey, I've BEEN ready.

I love that I finally found somebody who thinks like me. Don't know if that's good or bad for you and everybody here... :crying:

I'll hold her like Lucy holding the football, and you can be Charlie Brown running to do the kick into next week. Only difference is, I will NOT pull away! :rolleyes:

ROFLMBO...

We would be truly dangerous if we lived closer to each other...my hubby teases me that Mob Wars is how I live my life (putting hits on people, etc).

I told him he betta be glad I luv him...:rolleyes:

ROFLMBO...

We would be truly dangerous if we lived closer to each other...my hubby teases me that Mob Wars is how I live my life (putting hits on people, etc).

I told him he betta be glad I luv him...:crying:

And I'm a big World of Warcraft'er, killing monstahs an' stuff. And some of these MILs, well, they's monstahs. :rolleyes:

Man I so suck at this PJTP stuff... I don't read it for a few freaking days and I am 7 pages behind. Bleh too hard to keep up.

PJTP- I have the best in laws in the whole world and I don't wanna share them!

Mrs. Steininga - third grade teacher that stuck her pointy nails in my arm and made me bleed because I accidentally pulled a leaf off her plant).

When I run, I have a teacher I think of who made fun of me for being out of shape in HS. Thinking a lot of f-you thoughts is very motivating!

Man I so suck at this PJTP stuff... I don't read it for a few freaking days and I am 7 pages behind. Bleh too hard to keep up.

But it's a posting just to post thread. There is nothing in the title that says we have to READ the posts! :rolleyes:

But it's a posting just to post thread. There is nothing in the title that says we have to READ the posts! :rolleyes:

Very good point!

More PTJP then... I have a sushi roll eyeing me... Now if I can get it down and keep it there.. Victory will be mine. Maybe I should loosen it with some sake first.

slim----very likely you will have to say it point blank to DH, or the MIL one. Chances are your DH cannot even tell you why he is striving so hard for things to be different with his mom, must just be the way we are hard wired.

Abuse comes in many ways, and he sounds like he had his share of emotional abuse from her via neglect. Doing anything and everything to appease and put yourself in a favorable light to the abuser is very common. I hate that he is there. I hate that I was there at one point in my life---but I was. I let that bastard beat the living crap out of me, and convince me it was my fault!

I come out the other side, and I hope your DH does to, with you still by his side....it might not be a pleasant journey------but in the end, one WELL worth it! Getting away from the emotional attachment, is easier said than done.

Our whole lives we are told and made to believe that our Moms have our best interests at heart, so maybe, somewhere probably when he was young, he let himself believe he was at fault. When she is not around, and he has nothing but strength he doesn't fall for it. But when she is.....she makes him feel he is lesser.

I am not a psychiatrist, and can only compare the feelings to that of what I had with my ex. I was raised in a Norman Rockwell painting kind of life. My parents were not abusive, and were happily married, my grandparents were both married for over 50 years---I was the first divorce!

I EXPECTED to be treated the way I saw my father and grandfathers treat their wives....when it didn't happen, I was almost immobilized. I let him convince me it was because I was not a worthy wife! I became such a doormat! I tried everything to be the perfect wife....which of course does not exist, and even if I had managed to act perfect--he would have found a reason to abuse, that is who he was!

Eventually I saw it.....and realized it was his shortcomings, not mine. Friends helped me see it, they tried to make me see it pre marriage, but I knew best!!! HA!!!!

I would focus on how much different his relationship with his son is, than that his with his Mom....

I am in no way condoning, her taking over, or him putting up with it. Just giving my own insight into WHY he might put up with it.

My former son in law never had a healthy relationship with his Mom and took it the other way, and has NEVER treated a woman well--including the Mom to this day.

Makes me hope we have done better with our kids!!!

Makes me a little scared too!!!! LOL

Thank you, Kat. Your posts always hit the nail on the head. I think you are completely right about this. I can only hope he wakes up soon.

I hope he does too, because I would bet he lies awake in the middle of the night wondering why in the hell he didn't say "____________". But when faced with it.....you just want to please.

Not to compare us to dogs, but if you will notice a drunk who kicks the family dog---the dog doesn't bite him the next day, he licks the guys hand-----begging for love.

It leaves the person (me in my case, your DH possibly is his) feeling shameful that we are begging. Yet not to feels like failure too.

Wierd dealing with emotions......so sorry you are going through the crap.

I hate that the woman is so manipulative-----it is a sucky situation, and one that none of you deserve....

Hang in there, and if you need someone to talk to, or whine with, or moan and bi#*h with---PM me, and I will send my #.

Kat

Good luck on the fill - and tell me, how expensive is an attitude adjustment? There's a mess of people I would willingly pay for to have one!

Amen, I could come up with a list very quickly!

I told him he betta be glad I luv him...:tt2:

Ha - one of my gf's at work and I say "betta," "fixinta, " etc! This made me laugh!

Kat - girl, you so missed your calling in life! You should've been a shrink or a counselor of some sort. Your posts are always so spot on. Good job!

PJTP that I was in bed ALL day sick as a dog. I guess I have a stomach flu. The kicker is that I am SO damn achy. My back esp is killing me. :laugh: So annoying.

Good morning all! Another Monday, another week.

I received voice mail messages regarding interviews: one phone interview this week for a position about 1500 miles away and even a little further north than I already am (:tt2::laugh:), and an inperson interview hopefully for next week - it's a position I can work from home 50%/ 50% travel across the country. But until I get a new job, I guess I had better 'get to it' at this one....

Didn't realize you were looking for another job. Hope you find a great one.

Lulu, most definitely, if you don't have to work, and it is not bringing you happiness or anything else to your life, then definitely, leave. We only live once, lets make the best of it while we are here!

Beth, I have a few people that I would love to introduce you to (ex-hubby, ex-best friend that is now married to ex-hubby, Mrs. Steininga - third grade teacher that stuck her pointy nails in my arm and made me bleed because I accidentally pulled a leaf off her plant).

Yeah, Lulu, what she said.

Susan, I didn't realize teachers actually did that. I thought that was only in Harry Potter world. That makes me sad for the little girl that was you. If a teacher did that to one of my children, I think I'd end up in jail.