Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the hard core soda drinkers...lol
liquid stevia cola drops. Many flavors to add to your Water. Found these at my local health food store. You can also find them online.
My coffee fix was crushed ice, instant coffee (decaf) Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and vanilla Protein Powder. It was my morning drink.
Best of luck guys!
1.thumb.jpg.6de9bd7768f0cda5a066821755682b2c.jpg
stevias.jpg.fcb52baf873f8b5aa821fdc819ab53bd.jpg
Stevia-label.jpg.5339ce11b37ac8caab60e033e031028a.jpg

Does it taste like cola?

HW 270
SW 238
CW 189
VSG 11/7
[emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]

I'm 5 months on the wagon... I hope I've beat it... but the cravings... HOW LONG DO THE CRAVINGS CONTINUE? :47_tired_face::51_scream:

I kicked my Diet Coke habit a few years ago by switching to seltzer Water. But now I’m addicted to seltzer water and craving it basically all day every day!!

1 minute ago, nycgirl18 said:

I kicked my Diet Coke habit a few years ago by switching to seltzer Water. But now I’m addicted to seltzer Water and craving it basically all day every day!!

As much as I miss the taste of diet soda.... I really miss the carbonation. Something about a good fizz hitting the back of your throat. MMmmmmm. I need to unfollow this thread... it makes me weak.

As much as I miss the taste of diet soda.... I really miss the carbonation. Something about a good fizz hitting the back of your throat. MMmmmmm. I need to unfollow this thread... it makes me weak.

Haha yes exactly!!! It’s the best thing ever. I asked my nutritionist about it yesterday, and she literally told me I could never have it again unless I wanted my pouch to stop working for me and to gain everything back

1 minute ago, nycgirl18 said:

Haha yes exactly!!! It’s the best thing ever. I asked my nutritionist about it yesterday, and she literally told me I could never have it again unless I wanted my pouch to stop working for me and to gain everything back

Its the one thing, the very one thing that makes me sad. I think as time passes, I'll forget about how yummy diet soda is.

42 minutes ago, nycgirl18 said:

How king until you felt better without it? I would love to kick my Starbucks habit but it’s been years. I don’t miss diet soda at all but I do miss seltzer Water - more than anything else !!

Hmmm ... I'm not sure I really realized it until one day it occured to me that I did not have any caffeine in a long time.

33 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Its the one thing, the very one thing that makes me sad. I think as time passes, I'll forget about how yummy diet soda is.

Actually, diet soda is disgusting if you think long and hard about it. It doesn't even really taste that great - we just grow accustomed to it.

Mu program docs/dietitians don’t recommend any coffee if it isn’t black. And they’re strict on it. They basically don’t want us drinking the calories I know... it that’s gotta be so hard for some.

i like all the sugary flavored coffee drinks but I don’t crave them or have hem often. Haven’t had one in a while actually

coffee has been my only cheat on the program... I have a cup with Protein Drink in the morning. I gave up diet coke a few years ago and then had one before pre diet bc I knew I would not be able to have one again and it tasted gross- nothing like I remembered!

Actually, diet soda is disgusting if you think long and hard about it. It doesn't even really taste that great - we just grow accustomed to it.

I agree it is. But seltzer Water [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Seriously can’t stop thinking about it today.

2 hours ago, Tealael said:

Does it taste like cola?

HW 270
SW 238
CW 189
VSG 11/7
[emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]

The health food store had samples. I bought the root beer.

Never be afraid to try new things. It tastes like cola to me..but it may not to you. Just a healthier alternative or to help kick the habit of the real thing.

I agree it is. But seltzer Water [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Seriously can’t stop thinking about it today.

I like soda water too! I miss it

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 4 weeks post op and I have about 8 ounces of coffee a day.... my doc said as long as the coffee is not excessive it’s okay. No soda, don’t even miss it...

I dropped down from 2 strong coffees a day to one, stevia instead of 1 sugar, and switched down from full cream milk (which I moved to 2 years ago when stupid government shut down the raw milk supplier I had) and 1% milk over the last few months in the lead up to my operation. (I have 2 shots of espresso from my beloved jura coffee machine in about 200ml milk).

My surgeon also seems to think a coffee (or tea) or two a day is fine provided it doesn't cause issues with reflux for me. I"m thinking of tapering down to Decaf Beans only ahead of surgery though. (thank goodness you can buy fresh whole decaf beans, I can't stand how stale pre-ground decaf tastes - blech). I already drink decaf tea if I have any tea, as caffeine after lunchtime causes me trouble sleeping. (tetley decaf tastes better than liption decaf here in Australia)

I stopped drinking coffee a month before my surgery and last month re-introduced it. Had a teensy tiny black coffee at work and I was seeing sounds I was so hyped up xD Now I just have one a week if I feel like it. Since I cut out all the soda and juice and crud my liquids consist of water...water...oh and some more water...haha

Edited by redhead_che