Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And then after your month comes mine, and we will both earn our gold keys.😛

So happy to see my name on the list @Ylime I have my silver fork and now my golden keys.

Just an update: I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling great. Had some bumps in the road but I'm pushing forward. The torn internal stitch seems to be healing, still a little sore BUT I'm sleeping in my bed!!! I'm on soft foods until end of August. It's going good. Amazing how small my serving size is and it's true, the tummy has a mind of its own and will let you know. One little thing, one of my incisions isn't healing so keeping an eye on that. I've also got that glorious stall (sarcasm is dripping) Honestly don't know what causes this, but on the plus side I'm still losing inches. On a final note I just celebrated my 50th birthday on July 30th. I was so good! Stayed true to myself and the new me!! 

Good luck to those with upcoming surgeries.

Just now, sdcheesehead said:

So happy to see my name on the list @Ylime I have my silver fork and now my golden keys.

Just an update: I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling great. Had some bumps in the road but I'm pushing forward. The torn internal stitch seems to be healing, still a litype sore BUT I'm sleeting in my bed!!! I'm on soft foods until end of August. It's going good. Amazing how small my serving size is and it's true, the tummy has a mind of its own and will let you know. One little thing, one of my incisions want healing so keeping an eye on that. I've also got that glorious stall (sarcasm is dripping. Honestly don't know what causes this, but on the plus side I'm still losing inches. On a final note I just celebrated my 50th birthday inn July 30th. I was so good!

How did you find out you had a torn internal stitch? What happend to cause it?

On 08/02/2018 at 21:49, GeminiSky said:

How did you find out you had a torn internal stitch? What happend to cause it?

The incision where they took my stomach out of, just above it really hurt. I noticed it getting out of my Jeep. Called the doctor's office, they thought I had pulled a muscle. A week later I went in to see my surgeon and check it out and told me he had place a stitch there and it looks like I tore it, but there were other stiches, so I should be fine. Told me to take Alieve (big no no after bariatric surgery) to help with the pain. Plus I got an abdominal binder. I'm off the Alieve and it seems to be almost healed (doesn't hurt like it did)

Glad to hear You are still going pretty strong, Happy Belated Birthday🍰, there you go, a virtual cake to Celebrate. May this be the last heavy birthday and may your years be slender fro,now on!

On 7/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, Kat0000 said:

How are you feeling and doing?

Hello

I'm ok, I was hospitalized for 4 days. The surgery was good and without complication. I really feel no pain, however, the first night I developed a hiccup for about 6-7 hours. It was terrible. My throat was very sore from the intubation.

I am home today, but feel so very tired. Very tired. All in all I feel ok. I'm trying to drink my Water and shakes, but I feel full very fast. I ate some sugar free Jello, but could only eat 1/4 of it.

11 hours ago, Luzbella said:

Hello

I'm ok, I was hospitalized for 4 days. The surgery was good and without complication. I really feel no pain, however, the first night I developed a hiccup for about 6-7 hours. It was terrible. My throat was very sore from the intubation.

I am home today, but feel so very tired. Very tired. All in all I feel ok. I'm trying to drink my Water and shakes, but I feel full very fast. I ate some sugar free Jello, but could only eat 1/4 of it.

11 hours ago, Luzbella said:

Hello

Glad your surgery went well, I was done the same day and also stayed in the hospital 4 days, my surgery well we’ll also. i threw up twice the first nice with real bad neausea the first 2 days but was fine after that. I feel pretty good now ,just trying to find a comfy position to sleep in😩

And I just saw @Macadamia will be September 6th, so an golden key candidate along with me and Jingle 123423.

I'm using this weekend to slowly slide into my pre-op diet. So I weighed this morning to get my official starting weight. My OCD side is loving the perfectness of this number.

Screenshot_2018-08-04 💙 Ємιℓʏ - VSG 💙 ( i am emilym) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg

On 8/1/2018 at 4:25 PM, GeminiSky said:

Uh god this liquid acetaminop-codeine is GROSS! Trying to get that down to reduce incision swelling and areas around the main incision. Man is it DISGUSTING!

It is the worse. I threw mine up. So I guess I’m doing this with no Pain killers.

On 08/05/2018 at 08:52, BadWolf523 said:

It is the worse. I threw mine up. So I guess I’m doing this with no Pain killers.

Have you both tried liquid acetaminophen? Rite aid carries it here and it’s their store brand.

I found the taste less offensive and obviously it not being a narcotic means it won’t co tribute to Constipation and isn’t addictive. I also doesn’t make you sleepy and dopey (but certainly isn’t as effective for pain as the codeine).

So tomorrow is my day, with a hiccup. I think I got sick when I went to do the pre-op testing last week. So here is hoping this chronic cough of mine is not a wheeze and that any upper-respiratory is gone. Can't AFFORD to postpone. Make or break tomorrow 5:45 AM (1st on list). PLEASE LET IT GO THROUGH!

Did your hospital give you your Incentive Spirometer ahead of time? OSU does so you can practice for the 30 days prior to surgery. After that, cough, get anything in there, up and out. Keep forcing in those fluids, wash those viruses and bacteria out of your body, they are not paying rent, evict them now! And chill out, things are going to be fine, dandy and cool to the max! It's Shining Time, so shine baby shine!
Just a month today until mine, so clear the runway this ✈is going to fly straight and true and so will YOU.

You might try organic maple Syrup just a teaspoon and it should take headache away. Check out the Paleo Diet they have recommendations for sugar substitute including coconut sugar. Good luck