Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any restaurant that serves Soup is a bingo. We found a diner in Evanston that does a continental Breakfast (Greek yogurt with strawberries, scone, glass of OJ) that’s perfect for me. Mediterranean/Middle Eastern restaurants are good too, anywhere with meat on skewers. I even tolerate the rice from there! Chipotle’s burrito bowl is another winner

Next up for me will probably be the soup, salad, and breadsticks from Olive Garden.

10 hours ago, MermaidInAZ said:

Have you and your wife ever ordered half portion instead of the regular sized portion? That's something I would ask about.

Nah, she doesnt have weight issues but wants to eat less so when we split a normal entree it seems to go pretty well.

Edited by jaminator
dupe

The trouble with splitting one entree is that it requires us to agree on what to eat.

39 minutes ago, abefroman329 said:

The trouble with splitting one entree is that it requires us to agree on what to eat.

first world problems...lol

We eat out all the time and the appetizer menu is my friend! My husband and I plan what we order bc, though he is thin, he has had a tendency to eat all his food and then all my leftovers so now I order smaller. I love my leftovers, as do my kids, but I order so much smaller since he started eating basically two Entrees. He has gained about 20 lbs since my surgery! Now we are better about ordering. When we go out with people who don’t know I’ve had surgery and don’t want them to know, I pick enough at my plate that only one person has said something. I replied with, “I had a stomach bug a few days ago so I’m being super careful.” I love the chicken lettuce wraps at PF Chang’s and Cheesecake Factory. I still order my favorite HUGE beef burrito at the Mexican place and enjoy it over 3 days vs one sitting. I can only eat about a one to two inch piece for a meal so my kids love my leftover burrito too!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 188 on 3/7/18 5'7" GW: 150

I have checked out menus whenever I go out now, and look at them with a different eye - with surgery coming up I would still like to join friends and family at restaurants. I see most places have Soups, salads and small sides. no worries.

Just had some turkey tips- yum! It’s hard to pass up the other stuff that comes with an entree though - for me anyway!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 174
5’6”

7 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

Just had some turkey tips- yum! It’s hard to pass up the other stuff that comes with an entree though - for me anyway!

GW#3- 160
CW 174
5’6”

What are turkey tips and where did you eat them?

Just went to the 99 for lunch. They were just plain turkey tips with some cucumber dill sauce on side. Didn’t eat more than a bite of the quinoa and didn’t touch the grilled pita it comes with.

GW#3- 160
CW 174
5’6”

1 minute ago, BostonWLKC said:

Just went to the 99 for lunch. They were just plain turkey tips with some cucumber dill sauce on side. Didn’t eat more than a bite of the quinoa and didn’t touch the grilled pita it comes with.

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 174
5’6”

We don't have any of those around here :-( But, we probably have better BBQ! :-)

Likely!

GW#3- 160
CW 174
5’6”

MermaidInAZ Right!! Win Win, get full on less and get to color!!

On 4/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, AshAsh1 said:

I do this a lot now as well! I wait my 30 minutes and I have a nice drink waiting for me :)

One other thing I've found is I do take out more often now. I order Chili's take out, Olive Garden... ect. I don't have to pay for the drink and I can order off the kid's menu with no question. Best part- NO TIP!

AshAsh, Do you mind if I ask what you order from Olive Garden?

12 minutes ago, SimplyBrandi said:

AshAsh, Do you mind if I ask what you order from Olive Garden?

I will order one of a couple different things: chicken or salmon piccata, stuffed chicken marsala, herb grilled salmon, or one of the Soups. I personally like the Zupa. Most of the entrees come with a side that I cannot eat, such as mashed potatoes or a side of Pasta, you should ask if you can substitute a salad or steamed veggies. It always works for me.