Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just went out for lunch— had a great chicken taco (minus the taco)! Just ate the inside of two of them— estimate 2-3 oz of chicken and a bit of lettuce with cilantro crema . Of course skipped the appetizer, drink and dessert

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 175
5’6”

33 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I do this a lot now as well! I wait my 30 minutes and I have a nice drink waiting for me :)

One other thing I've found is I do take out more often now. I order Chili's take out, Olive Garden... ect. I don't have to pay for the drink and I can order off the kid's menu with no question. Best part- NO TIP!

I never thought about the kid's menu like that! Thanks for the tip!

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I never thought about the kid's menu like that! Thanks for the tip!

We ordered Chili's take out recently. They have naked chicken nuggets and a side for $5.00 on the children's menu. The chicken was enough for dinner and lunch the next day. So even the kid's menu has portions large enough for left overs!

Me and the wife split Entrees most of the time. At most restaurants there is way too much food for one person anyway. Helps her consume fewer calories.

3 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

We ordered Chili's take out recently. They have naked chicken nuggets and a side for $5.00 on the children's menu. The chicken was enough for dinner and lunch the next day. So even the kid's menu has portions large enough for left overs!

At the rate I'm going, that would probably be another 4 meals! We had steak and onions/mushrooms last night for dinner. I ate .5 oz of steak and .5 oz of veggies! Hardly worth dirtying the plate! I was full. I hope my swollen tummy can hold a bit more soon. On the upside, I calculated that steak dinner to be 4g Protein and 35 calories :-)

those first few weeks when you go back to solids can be very difficult.

I've found good options at both Bob Evans and Cheddar's so far, but those are the only restaurants I've been to post-op (I'm only two months out).

11 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

At the rate I'm going, that would probably be another 4 meals! We had steak and onions/mushrooms last night for dinner. I ate .5 oz of steak and .5 oz of veggies! Hardly worth dirtying the plate! I was full. I hope my swollen tummy can hold a bit more soon. On the upside, I calculated that steak dinner to be 4g Protein and 35 calories :-)

I'd say that your pouch is probably on the smaller side. Your stomach is typically healed at 6 weeks and according to your stats, you are past that point. Therefore, there is probably not a lot of swelling left

I've eaten at a variety of restaurants, and initially I was so scared that I stuck with Soup. Now, I will order taco's with lettuce instead of shells, chili, grilled Protein etc and take home the leftovers. I order Water but I've always only ordered water...

10 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I'd say that your pouch is probably on the smaller side. Your stomach is typically healed at 6 weeks and according to your stats, you are past that point. Therefore, there is probably not a lot of swelling left

Have to wait and see. The center of my abdomen is still very tender (not near the incisions which are healed). The doctor is running some blood work to see if maybe my liver and/or pancreas are unhappy with me.

6 hours ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

Looking forward to this forum and my husband is skinny and him and my friends are always asking me to eat and hang out. I might just take a couple bites of Protein of their plates and be good. I can ask for a coloring sheet and colors to keep busy when everyone else is finishing their meals.

Oh you're not alone! I've thought about the same thing, too. Just picking off of the plate, getting full, and twiddling my thumbs. But the coloring sheet and crayons sounds much better, LOL!

4 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

I love leftovers! Sometimes the food's flavor develop the next day. Thanks for the tip!

And now days coloring is in for adults. WallyWorld makes a fortune on colored pencils and books, been there,know that!😛

3 hours ago, jaminator said:

those first few weeks when you go back to solids can be very difficult.

I'm doing solids very slowly. I have had a slice of meatloaf that my sister made and it tasted so good, LOL! And it went down easy...in 25 minutes. I'm going on 2 months post op and the next thing I'll slowly start on are fruits and veggies.

4 hours ago, jaminator said:

Me and the wife split Entrees most of the time. At most restaurants there is way too much food for one person anyway. Helps her consume fewer calories.

Have you and your wife ever ordered half portion instead of the regular sized portion? That's something I would ask about.