Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Austin Area Bandsters Intersted in Support Group ?

fyi this is a yahoo group for lapband patients in Austin. They have been meeting monthly for the 3+ years I have been banded. I've gone twice, but you might want to check it out - they are a large group.

Thanks, If i remember right the problem with that group was they ALWAYS met up in north austin . Since I live in Buda that was not always convienent.

I dont mind going North every now and then , but to go there EVERY meeting was annoying to me LOL

Thanks

Mindy

Hi Mindy,

Did you get the Support Group going? I live in Manchaca and I'm with you, I don't want to have to drive all the way up North, especially in the evening. I work north and I don't want to go up again. Plus, with the price of gas, it would be really great to have a support group south, way south. I haven't been banded yet, but my surgery date is October 3, 2008. I am so excited. I have been waiting for insurance to approve since November 2007. Let me know if you got the support group going.

Thanks,

LoneStarLoser (Dorothy)

Hello,

I go to my Surgeon's office. They are Southwest Bariatrics. I am not sure if they take patientes with procedures done out of US, but give them a call. Also you can try True Results in Austin.

Please keep us informed about your progress,

Vicky

Don't know if you've found somewhere, but there is a Fill Centers USA in Austin off of N Mopac. I've gone there for 1 fill. They had just started doing them, (last spring I think) anyway, it went fine. Good luck to you!

Sam

Hello every one. I am trying to get to where youll are. did any of you have bcbs of texas and if so did they pay for your surgery.

Hello every one. I am trying to get to where youll are. did any of you have bcbs of texas and if so did they pay for your surgery.

I had BCBS of Tx and they did cover my lap band. Make sure your policy covers weightloss surgery, not all policy do. Your employer can opt out of the coverage. BCBS does require you to see a nutritionist 3 times at your expense (they don't cover any of the cost), receive psychological testing/visit and have at least 6 months physician monitored weightloss program before they will approve your surgery. Even then you might have to fight with them. I was lucky and my primary care physican was willing to write a letter stating that he had been monitoring my weightloss attemps for over 2 years so I didn't have to wait the 6 months.

My surgery was in San Antonio but I just spoke with Cassi at Southwest Bariatric Surgeons and she told me they do take BCBS of Tx. Her direct number is 512-334-1885. Call her and see if she can help you.

Good luck and you are making the BEST decision of your life!

Ashley

I would also like some info on Banded in Austin Support Groups? I just got banded at Austin Surgical Hospital March 24,2009.

I am interested also. I live near VickiT- southeast of Austin near the Bastrop County line. I was banded Dec. 27 and just had my first fill a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to send my email, so I'll just throw it in here: riverat1111@gmail.com.

I'm pretty excited about this. I don't know anyone else who's had a lapband done..

Any austinites still active on here?

I live in cedar park, hoping to get banded in Sept 2012, but want to meet others and talk first.

Hells yes please! I work in Austin at st David's! Having my surgery 7/10. I'm all for it!!!

Ok! No one has owned this post in a long time! I guess unless I'm stepping on anyone's toes I'll take the initiative to organize!!! I'm having my surgery on tues 7/10. :) 4 days :)

So give me some suggestions on where y'all would like to meet ! I'm thinking there is a courtyard in the center of st David's hospital that we could meet at some evenings! It's in the shade and would be nice and cool! Let me know what y'all think!