Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Austin Area Bandsters Intersted in Support Group ?

Anyone in the Austin area interested in meeting up with other Austin bandsters once or twice a month for some one on one support ?

A few Austin bandsters and I were talking that in less you belong to a few certain practices in Austin there are no local support groups for WLS .

SO we thought about maybe getting together once a month , possibly even rotating peoples houses to not have to pay for meeting somewhere, and just get together to support each other . I know i for one would like some face to face contact some times LOL

Anyone intersted ? If so contact me ...

Thanks

Mindy

Well, Mindy, I'm in if I can fit it into my teaching schedule. So far, I don't have any evening classes next semester. I hope it works out!

So far we have about 5 people. Im thinking probably wont do anything until after the Holidays ?? Some people like yourself and my friend Tina have to heal from surgery , she's being banded in 6 days. So that gives everyone time to be ready and focus on it and not the holidays.

Mindy

Hi, My name is Laura and I was banded on Halloween, So far including the pre-op diet I've lost 16 lbs. so far. I live in Dripping Springs. I would love to have a support buddy/ies. to meet with at least once a month. I am a stay home mom with 3 kids (12,10,7 yrs). Would love to hear from any one.

I go for my first fill the 20th.

Laura

Hi, My name is Laura and I was banded on Halloween, So far including the pre-op diet I've lost 16 lbs. so far. I live in Dripping Springs. I would love to have a support buddy/ies. to meet with at least once a month. I am a stay home mom with 3 kids (12,10,7 yrs). Would love to hear from any one.

Laura

Hi Laura, Once we get things organized I will let you know can you email me so i can have your addresss ? if you click on my name you will be able to email me . If not let me know and i'll email you. I think it will probably be after the holidays .

Thanks

Mindy

Laura

Hi, Laura! I live in Dripping Springs, too! And I was banded the day after you! I'm in Sunset Canyon.

Wow, that's pretty early for your first fill! The earliest I'll get mine is mid-December. Where did you get your surgery done?

Thats right at about 6 weeks isnt it ?? I got mine right at 6 weeks. I few days early actually . I was begging for one by then LOL

Curious where she got hers too . Ya'll live down the road from each other

Mindy

If she's talking about November 20, that's three weeks.

If she's talking about December 20, that's about seven weeks.

If she's talking about November 20, that's three weeks.

If she's talking about December 20, that's about seven weeks.

Oh yeah , I have no idea what day it is lately LOL I Dont know that i would want one at 3 weeks. surely its December 20th. Laura where are ya LOL

Mindy

I had my surgery in San Antonio by Dr. Carcamo. But I will be doing my aftercare in Austin.

Sorry Longhorn I thought you were Mindy, I am having trouble figuring out this site.

I had my surgery in San Antonio by Dr. Carcamo. But I will be doing my aftercare in Austin.

Sorry Longhorn I thought you were Mindy, I am having trouble figuring out this site.

LOL I Live In Buda so we are all not to far from each other.

Laura if you send me your email i will send you an email about support group meetings

Mindy

Hi Mindy, I live in Sunset Canyon South, lets try and get together!

Laura

Hey, Laura:

We're neighbors! I'm in SC South, too! Amazing, huh, that we live so close and were banded one day apart!

I'm afraid I'm in town a lot for work but I'm usually around on Fridays. Maybe after the semester is over, we can figure out a way to go walking!

LMAO My friend who lives in Henly drove out to my house tonight so we could walk tonight. We never get to see each other and im always messing with her about how much time she spends with her boyfriend. So she said " OK I'll come out and walk with you tonight" we had a good time . Normally when someone walks with me they are not use to walking so they walk at a stroll and I am not getting the work out I need. I walk pretty quick and hard.

My friend works out quite a bit and walked a lot to loose weight last yr so she walks at the same pace as I do , so that was nice

That would be good if ya'll can meet to walk . I like walking with someone better than alone

Mindy

I live in Cedar Creek a spit away from the Travis County line, but I work downtown Austin. I was banded on October 23, 2007 at the Outpatient surgery center off Bee Caves. I believe I was the second person to be banded there. I was banded by Dr. Marsden through True Results. I sure would like to be included in the support group in the Austin area. Keep me posted on specifics.:clap2: