Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m one week out from surgery and my husband and best friend are making menhavwbsecond thoughts. They have no idea they both agree. My husband says I’ve had enough surgeries during my lifetime from car accidents and complications post car accident. I’ve also have a history of sepsis (infection) every time I get opens up for surgery. He know what I went through with all that.ni think he’s just afraid of what could happen or me not pulling through this time ans my friend said likewise. I really and and nee this surgery but now I feel like I’m second guessing myself. My initial plan was to have the sleev but the doctor takes me into duodenal switch because it’s less likely for weight gain. I agreed but also has second thoughts about that particular lad surgery just because of all the additional nutrients you malabsorption va the other surgeries. In my head I was also think duodenal would allow me to lose weight faster than the sleeve. Then again i don’t want to loose too much I don’t want to be looking too skinny from excessive weight lost from duodenal (CW 232 GW 150-160). Although not reversible the sleeve is less invasive and not switching around parts. Then again I’ve had a gastric ballon (obera ballon) and maybe lost 10 pound at most so that was also my reasoning for wanting duodenal switch more aggressive than sleeve as to me the obera balloonMimics restriction just like sleeve but it’s temporary.

As you can see I’m a week out from surgery and all over the place. HELP!!!

Has anyone that is slightly obese or obese who has extremely hard time losing weight even with diet or excercise had success from the sleeve? How fast did you lose weight?

I had a ds and I love it! You have to do what’s best for you, but the malabsorption is not as bad as it seems. I went from 410 to 155 in 2 yrs. it’s been 5 years and I do not have to worry with counting calories or fat. Just keep carbs low and exercise and I maintain within 5 lbs or so. It is a huge adjustment at first, both physically and mentally. For me it was the best option.

I had the sleeve for the same reasoning that you have
I'm only 5 months out have lost 50 lbs and sometimes I wonder what the future holds in terms of regain but my surgeon did not offer DS
I figure if I ever have a future issue I could convert the sleeve to DS (which was the original intended progression of the sleeve but seems to be a relic now) or RNY
But I think I'll be fine without either because I'm committed to this

I also hear slower weight loss can result in less skin sagging issues but that may just be the fairy tale I'm buying

I had the DS surgery on June 9, 2017. I started at 230 pounds (5'4"). I've lost 70 pounds and I'm now at a stall. This is totally my fault because I'm an emotional eater, so I've been eating too many carbs lately. I look and feel so much better, however, and have no regrets. The Vitamins aren't that bad. I chose the DS because I didn't want the regain. I certainly could have chosen the sleeve instead, but my doctor also recommended the DS.

I’m one week out from surgery and my husband and best friend are making menhavwbsecond thoughts. They have no idea they both agree. My husband says I’ve had enough surgeries during my lifetime from car accidents and complications post car accident. I’ve also have a history of sepsis (infection) every time I get opens up for surgery. He know what I went through with all that.ni think he’s just afraid of what could happen or me not pulling through this time ans my friend said likewise. I really and and nee this surgery but now I feel like I’m second guessing myself. My initial plan was to have the sleev but the doctor takes me into duodenal switch because it’s less likely for weight gain. I agreed but also has second thoughts about that particular lad surgery just because of all the additional nutrients you malabsorption va the other surgeries. In my head I was also think duodenal would allow me to lose weight faster than the sleeve. Then again i don’t want to loose too much I don’t want to be looking too skinny from excessive weight lost from duodenal (CW 232 GW 150-160). Although not reversible the sleeve is less invasive and not switching around parts. Then again I’ve had a gastric ballon (obera ballon) and maybe lost 10 pound at most so that was also my reasoning for wanting duodenal switch more aggressive than sleeve as to me the obera balloonMimics restriction just like sleeve but it’s temporary.
Has anyone that is slightly obese or obese who has extremely hard time losing weight even with diet or excercise had success from the sleeve? How fast did you lose weight?

I’m suggesting to you DS.. coming from someone who 8s obese and had sleeve with little Loss and gained it back, besides...the data has showed DS offers the highest success rates for weight loss and keeping it off 5 years out.. in the end you have to do what is s right for you and not listen to the noise..I wish you all the best!

I’m suggesting to you DS.. coming from someone who 8s obese and had sleeve with little Loss and gained it back, besides...the data has showed DS offers the highest success rates for weight loss and keeping it off 5 years out.. in the end you have to do what is s right for you and not listen to the noise..I wish you all the best!