Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Today is day 8, post surgery. I feel better and better every day.
My incision glue is starting to peel, and my mobility is much higher. I walk every night at sunset, and walk a little farther each day.
My incision near my belly button is the most annoying one, it feels sore sometimes and I feel the tugging people talk about. It’s mostly annoying at bedtime when I’m trying to go to sleep and get comfortable.
Sometimes I get really frustrated and sad with this full liquid stage. I’m tired of sweet drinks and Soup. ( ideas welcomed!)

I haven’t weighed myself yet and don’t plan to, until my first post op appt on Monday. I don’t want it all to be about the numbers and last night I realized how torturous this would feel if I’m not actually loosing weight, which at some point will happen with a stall.
So, I’m doing pretty good but it’s been an emotional ride.

Looking forward to others updates!!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

How is everyone doing

Has surgery Monday May 7. Feeling just ok. Super tired. Incisions aren’t causing pain yet. Have a weird gurgling feeling every time I sip any liquid. Dr. Said this is normal but should improve every day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Surgery May 7th. Came home yesterday. Getting around easier today. Tummy is tender but no real pain. I do still have some gas issues...can’t seem to pass it at all...today i was to start 2oz Protein Shake 3x a day, that went well...I don’t think I’m getting enough fluid...I’m sipping, but I am afraid of sipping too much...I know the next 3 weeks are crucial and I don’t want to do anything wrong. I did try a sugar free popsicle earlier...I was initially afraid to do that...it went ok...I think it was gas I was feeling afterwards...just a tightening in the middle of my tummy...almost would remind you of a contraction...my incisions look good...a little bruising around one, but over all ok. Vitamins went down ok today...glad everyone’s doing well!! Excited to see how everyone is feeling a week from now

I’m 7 days out as of today and my recovery has continued to be remarkably smooth. I am definitely feeling physical hunger, especially in the mornings, that I wasn’t necessarily expecting. Happily, I think my body has finally let go of most of the extra IV Fluid that was pumped into me, and I dropped below my surgery weight. Helps psychologically at least.

Good luck @ jshively1963 on your May 15th surgery date.😝

So 4 of us that I know of joined the losers bench today. 3 of us from Canada and 1 from Montana. It’s so nice to be able to converse with other people that were having. The same thing in the same day as me.
It’s been not too bad so far. Just need to get the gas moving so I don’t have to endure the pain like others have.

So 4 of us that I know of joined the losers bench today. 3 of us from Canada and 1 from Montana. It’s so nice to be able to converse with other people that were having. The same thing in the same day as me.
It’s been not too bad so far. Just need to get the gas moving so I don’t have to endure the pain like others have.

Glad all went well! I hope your recovery is smooth. I’m at day 11 and doing really well. Walking helps with the gas pain more than anything, I found.

23 minutes ago, Jen-canada said:

Yay Jen! Keep us updated.

Is the losers bench a forum group?

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

Is the losers bench a forum group?

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

No it’s just a term that a lot of people use in reference to having the surgery done.

Best of luck Coppola’s!!! You will do great :)

Today is finally here
Waiting for the train to head to Boston.
7am was told to be there. Should get there right at 7

Good luck! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app