Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soft Serve Protein "ice Cream"

1 Scoop Protein Powder (i suggest truetein, Casien or mixes work best)

0.75 Teaspoon Xanthum gum

A fist full of splenda

1 Cup of skim milk

Mix drys together in large bowl

Add 0.75 of skim milk beat with electric beaters for several minutes

Add half of left over milk repeat, add rest mix till desired texture

I suggest using vanilla and adding desired flavors. Example Torani sugar free vanilla for vanilla. or 2 tablespoons PB2 powder for Peanut Butter

Macros

230 calories

36g Protein

<1g fat

21g carbs (almost completely milk)

This is delicious and incredibly filling takes me close to an hour to eat, can be had in all stages of your diet

Pics included, you can see there's a lot of volume. And the final product is something between a soft serve ice cream and a heavy whipped cream.

20180308_174748.jpg

20180310_191644.jpg

20180310_191638.jpg

20180308_174808.jpg

20180310_191638.jpg

Edited by Mhy12784

Note it takes like 10-15 minutes of beating total

You can add a little more milk/beat longer if you want a fluffier texture

Can also put in freezer for up to 10 minutes after to chill if you want it colder

Can you freeze it? What's the texture like after freezing?

35 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I've only frozen it a few times, but not since I vastly improved the recipe (was a lot of experimenting with the early batches).

You can certainly freeze it but I think it's much better fresh. The texture becomes somewhere between icy and freezer burnish. It's not bad, but fresh it's absolutely delicious, and legit taste like a real dessert (when I made it adding PB2 I thought wow this is totally something I'd order in a restaurant) Of course I haven't messed around with freezing it in a long time so I'm sure it could be improved, and I never used something to properly store it in a freezer either (ie Tupperware) so that could've helped

That said tossing it in the freezer for a short while is perfectly fine and just chills it while making the texture more solid.

It's been a staple in my diet the last few 6 weeks or so. Completely takes care of any sweettooth desires (not that I actually get many) while filling the hell up out of me.

The most impressive part is how filling it is though and the volume.

Edited by Mhy12784

5 hours ago, lindsayAK said:

Instead of using milk and Protein Powder I wonder if you can use a Premier Protein shake. That would help with the amount of carbs.

Wouldn't work. You can use likely use almond milk or any low carb milk substitute though

On 3/11/2018 at 11:21 PM, FluffyChix said:

Tried freezing leftovers, with mixed results. The top of it was almost leathery (I did after all just experimentally toss it in the freezer in an uncovered bowl for two days) however after getting rid of the top it was actually pretty good and relatively similar to icecream (I did eat the entire bowl even the leathery top part, of course im a sucker for peanut butter). I think if you take it out of the freezer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes its pretty good (this is basically what I did)

I still think its best eaten immediately fresh out of the bowl. But I think freezing it and eating it frozen is viable, and using some kind of tupperware/lid would probably negate the leathery top effect

Edited by Mhy12784

I wonder if you could throw this in a vitamix (or the like) and get a quicker result? I'll be a guinea pig and try this when I reach full liquids.

Edited by Apple203

1 hour ago, Apple203 said:

I wonder if you could throw this in a vitamix (or the like) and get a quicker result? I'll be a guinea pig and try this when I reach full liquids.

I don't know if it would work quite the same way as it's really dependent on getting air in there to fluff it up and give it that volume/texture.

Can you make homemade whipped cream in a vitamix? If so then this would probably work in something like that, if you can't then this probably wouldn't.