Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was this surgery enough for you?

I've already saved up for TT...it's not bad but loose enough. Depending on local price may do the Bariatric Pal MX travel surgery. Also considering some Lipo around my chest too.

I'm doing it for me to feel good and to be comfortable taking my shirt off in the summer.

May be a bit vain but I didn't come this far too only come this far. I want to look in the mirror and see 100% of the payoff for the hard work.

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
GW #1 = 220 3/7/18
Final GW #2 = 210 (6'5") [emoji256]

I had plastics and LOVE LOVE LOVE the result! Clothed and not it made a huge difference for me. I considered it both a reward for my hard work and an incentive not to gain weight back (studies show people who have reconstructive plastics are less likely to gain the weight back).

I had Tummy Tuck, brachioplastyc breast lift and augment (never thought I would need to fill em back up considering I’ve been a G+ cup since HS but I did!)

Please can I ask. Is the scar across the bottom of your belly really bad ? I've seen them on you tube for people who had tummy tuck and it looks pretty bad.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

I had plastics and LOVE LOVE LOVE the result! Clothed and not it made a huge difference for me. I considered it both a reward for my hard work and an incentive not to gain weight back (studies show people who have reconstructive plastics are less likely to gain the weight back).

I had Tummy Tuck, brachioplastyc breast lift and augment (never thought I would need to fill em back up considering I’ve been a G+ cup since HS but I did!)

Did insurance cover it? Or did you come out of pocket? If the latter, how much did it cost - ballpark?

Thanks

Please can I ask. Is the scar across the bottom of your belly really bad ? I've seen them on you tube for people who had Tummy Tuck and it looks pretty bad.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

Not bad at all. Usually those people are only a little ways out. I will be three years out in May and here’s my scar. It’s also low enough that a bikini covers it. I used Embrace scar treatment for six weeks.

IMG_6503.JPG

Did insurance cover it? Or did you come out of pocket? If the latter, how much did it cost - ballpark?

Thanks

My insurance has very specific requirements, not just the whole documented rashes and such. For the stomach to be covered your pannus has to hang past the pubic bone which mine didn’t. The arms had to hang a certain amount too and they only covered breast reduction and they have to remove a certain amount. So mine wasn’t covered at all.

Mine was about $26K for all but I’m in California where everything costs more!

We had discussed how to pay for it... taking money from retirement savings or a loan... but in some interesting timing a dear friend passed away and left me personally $30k (he wrote me a check before he passed so it was in addition to what he left us all in his will). I had taken care of him in his final months. He told my husband he wanted me to have enough to buy myself something nice because he knew I never had much money that was all mine as a stay at home mom.

I knew he would have approved of how I spent it!

If anyone wants to see more of my before/after pic for plastics PM me. I can share a link to the pix my surgeon has on his site. They are NSFW so I don’t want to share them TOO publicly but I will share on a 1:1 basis.

Not very bad at all. My friend delivered almost 10 lb baby by C-Section, hers looks worse and it's been 35 years. Yeah she too can wear a bikini but it can't be the teeny string variety.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah I can’t wear a teeny string variety because I’m almost 50!

Not very bad at all. My friend delivered almost 10 lb baby by C-Section, hers looks worse and it's been 35 years. Yeah she too can wear a bikini but it can't be the teeny string variety.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Funny story... I delivered a 9lb 8oz baby c section myself and the scar from that is now gone, removed with the skin during my tummy tuck!

We had discussed how to pay for it... taking money from retirement savings or a loan... but in some interesting timing a dear friend passed away and left me personally $30k (he wrote me a check before he passed so it was in addition to what he left us all in his will). I had taken care of him in his final months. He told my husband he wanted me to have enough to buy myself something nice because he knew I never had much money that was all mine as a stay at home mom.

I knew he would have approved of how I spent it.

I just have to say, that's a really cool story and timing on how that all worked out for you. What a great friend to have!

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
GW #1 = 220 3/7/18
Final GW #2 = 210 (6'5") [emoji256]

I don't feel the "need" for skin surgery. I won the lottery and have no hanging skin (though it is loose and wrinkles). but I have developed a hernia on my lower abdomen so since I'm getting abdominal surgery anyway to fix that I am doing a lower body lift and also a breast lift. I get the feeling that will be it for me.

Well, I would love to have plastic surgery, but it is not in the budget. I work very hard but I still have some loose, saggy skin (arms, thighs, belly). It's OK because now I am healthy and much happier.

I've been assuming I'd get the abdominal "apron" removed eventually--I have plenty of rashes and so on--and I believe my insurance will cover that. Beyond that, I'd like to have my breasts lifted and filled out and have my upper arms done, but I have no idea if I'll ever actually have the money for that. I'm looking at the Bariatric Pal's Mexican hospital, though--those prices might be something I could do. Too soon to say, though.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:38 PM, sillykitty said:

I think this is an easier attitude to have if you are in a secure, committed relationship and you're confident your SO will adore you no matter what. Being single is a different story IMO. I'm actually more anxious about getting naked w a new guy when I have excess skin, saggy breasts, then I am now. Now someone who dates me shouldn't be shocked by what I look like naked. If I'm dating wearing Shapewear, then no one is going to expect the loose skin, and they'll be in for an unpleasant surprise once I'm naked.

@sillykitty I can completely relate to this point. This is frankly my biggest concern going into WLS -- that I know at least a Tummy Tuck will be inevitable because, as a single person, I cannot imagine dating someone new with all that loose skin.