Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help? Advice? November 2017 Sleeved

9 minutes ago, MarthaT said:

Just like to point out I’m 3 MONTHS post op, not 3 weeks! Big difference! Regardless, I don’t expect to have my thoughts and concerns demeaned here. Enough of that elsewhere!

Remedial math, no sleep due to cramping pain, and no food since Monday. Three months which for you is 13 weeks, IS much different than 3 weeks. My apologies. 30lbs in 13 weeks = 2.31lbs/week. I can understand where you would feel greater expectations. It's still in the 2-4lbs/week normal range, but yeah, you'd potentially expect a bigger bang for the buck.

But as my doc said this morning, we're low weight surgeries. We can NOT expect to lose at the rate of others who are in the upper 2-300s or more. When was the last time you consistently lost 2.31 lbs week in and week out? For me I was in my teens! LOL. If you are able to do that consistently (but you won't cuz there will be stalls), you could lose 120lbs in a year. Dunno bout you, but I will take that any day of the year!

And as far as demeaning. Oh dear, everyone has bad days and misinterprets things. Mistakes happen EVEN on support boards. So I would have to come back and say if that's the worst thing to happen to you today, you're again doing better than most people in the world.

I also got sleeved on 11/28/17 and I'm down 37 pounds so almost the same as you. I have stalls but don't worry too much about it. It will come off eventually. Just keep doing what you are supposed to and you will get to your goal. Our bodies are all different and we lose at different rates.

I was sleeved 11/07/17 and I’m down 28lbs but I’m down 50lbs including pre op diet so far!! I’m a slow burner but I’m happy! As long as your losing something that’s good and I’ve hit a few stalls! Keep positive a lb is still a loss so happy days!!

Sleeved 11/28 and down 55lbs, BUT I just want to throw out there that people in this position are struggling in their own ways too. hair falling out, GI issues, and frequent nausea here.

But it's worth it regardless to me. I'll cut my hair short, take PPIs or whatever, and make my pukey face all day if I have to!

But we all got this!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches