Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose 3 months out from surgery weight

Wondering how much people had lost from their day of surgery weight at the 3 month surgery anniversary. I know it varies greatly and often if you have more to lose you lose faster. I'm just curious what people were seeing after being sleeved. I'm totally happy with my loss (51 lbs at last week's 10 week weigh in).

The reason I'm asking is I was at a DR appointment and they thought I was losing weight too quickly and would need to increase calories. This was a regular DR and not a member of the bariatric team, so they probably don't have much data or experience with the sleeve. I see my team in a couple of weeks for my 3 month checkup. Last time they indicated I was middle of the pack in terms of what they typically see 2 months out. I'm not really worried, just curious what other people have seen loss wise... obviously this is a marathon and not a sprint!

My surgeon felt I was losing to quickly also. At my 8 month check up I was down 100 pounds. Although he was very impressed he increased my caloric goal. He was also impressed because even though I’ve lost that much I do not have as much skin as he thought I had.

I’m down 33 at not quite 2 months since surgery. A total of 41 if you Include the 1 week preop diet. My doc was happy at my one month when I was at 26 down- there was no discussion of increasing anything at that point. It would be a stretch for me to lose 17 lbs in a month to get where you are though. Great work!!

Average loss will depend a LOT on your Excess Weight.

Figure your excess weight by subtracting your goal weight (or your normal BMI weight) from your weight the day of surgery.

Say you have 100 pounds of excess weight. If you are having an AVERAGE experience...at 3 months, you can expect to have lost around 33 pounds. At 6 months, around 50 pounds. At 12 months, around 65 pounds, and 18 months...around 70 pounds.

Some people lose much more weight than average. Some lose less. people are individual.

LoseBig....you do seem to be losing much faster than average for someone with 114 pounds of excess weight on the day of surgery.

loss.png

3m - 50 lbs.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

Average loss will depend a LOT on your Excess Weight.
Figure your excess weight by subtracting your goal weight (or your normal BMI weight) from your weight the day of surgery.
Say you have 100 pounds of excess weight. If you are having an AVERAGE experience...at 3 months, you can expect to have lost around 33 pounds. At 6 months, around 50 pounds. At 12 months, around 65 pounds, and 18 months...around 70 pounds.
Some people lose much more weight than average. Some lose less. people are individual.
LoseBig....you do seem to be losing much faster than average for someone with 114 pounds of excess weight on the day of surgery.

loss.png.47797d703971fdb071b3b77611163696.png

18m 70lbs doesn't seem like much. Im considered light weight so told I would lose slower . And my doctor never talks goal weight so just followed plan. And was 70lbs by 6 m . I would have lost more if I wasn't allowed to drink 3m post lol ( on plan. ) Not over board . I don't count Cal's. So don't even know how much I'm eating. But stick to same things when not at hotel or whatever. I know your more into slow and steady weightloss but that would drive me crazy. I did this surgery for health and the perk of rapid weightloss. Not for constantly one pound a week. Which is fine . Just not for me.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

Wondering how much people had lost from their day of surgery weight at the 3 month surgery anniversary. I know it varies greatly and often if you have more to lose you lose faster. I'm just curious what people were seeing after being sleeved. I'm totally happy with my loss (51 lbs at last week's 10 week weigh in).

The reason I'm asking is I was at a DR appointment and they thought I was losing weight too quickly and would need to increase calories. This was a regular DR and not a member of the bariatric team, so they probably don't have much data or experience with the sleeve. I see my team in a couple of weeks for my 3 month checkup. Last time they indicated I was middle of the pack in terms of what they typically see 2 months out. I'm not really worried, just curious what other people have seen loss wise... obviously this is a marathon and not a sprint!

38 lbs from surgery to 3rd month

Stalls included

Hasn’t been 3 months yet, but it feels like every week I’m seeing either my primary, the dietitian, or the surgeon, and no one has said I’m losing too fast. My primary is delighted, and my surgeon wants me to speak to other patients about my experiences.

Thanks everyone who replied so far this is helpful. @creekimp13 funny you posted that chart, I was looking at that last night and doing the same math. I’ll need to re-run the numbers when I talk to the surgeon, the ones they quoted for their program were very different and I was on the lower end of middle, which seemed nuts to me (they do it by % of excess too).

Hoping rapid loss doesn’t lead to more excess skin - so far my skin is shrinking with me.

My skin is not shrinking with me, and my primary told me at my physical that I would have leftover skin from where my belly was. There’s a guy in my support group who lost 200 pounds from the surgery, maybe even 300, and he has some obvious leftover skin above and below his beltline. If it’s that obvious when I get to goal weight, I’ll look into plastic surgery. It’d be worth it if it also meant my cellulitis scars went away.

I think the worst loose skin probably shows up as you get closer to goal. I'm positive I will have plenty, this body has taken too much abuse not to. I had lost a lot of weight years ago and actually looked into surgery then. They can do some pretty amazing things, though it was pretty scary how invasive it was (in terms of number of incisions and size of the areas to be removed).