Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

27 minutes ago, Capndemdem said:

Also ive been eating the oikos greek yogurt in different flavours and that helps keep things from getting boring

Am I the only one who doesn't like Greek yogurt? Like at all? Seems like this is going to be a problem, but I really can't tolerate it...

Still figuring out the forum--does anyone know how you mark a "buddy" (so I can follow posts from people who had surgery at a similar time)? Also, my profile says I am "pre-op," and I can't find anywhere in the settings where it will let me change that, or my weight and height. Wondering if maybe it's a flaw in the mobile app, and I should try a laptop instead?

Still figuring out the forum--does anyone know how you mark a "buddy" (so I can follow posts from people who had surgery at a similar time)? Also, my profile says I am "pre-op," and I can't find anywhere in the settings where it will let me change that, or my weight and height. Wondering if maybe it's a flaw in the mobile app, and I should try a laptop instead?

The mobile app doesn’t let you update any of that. You have to physically log online to follow your buddies and change your stats etc.

11 minutes ago, Brittanyblue said:

The mobile app doesn’t let you update any of that. You have to physically log online to follow your buddies and change your stats etc.

Thank you! I figured that might be it 😊.

Yeah, my tummy isn’t handling Jello very well. I can barely get through one Protein Shake a day. Anyone else experiencing that?

Vsg 12.26.17

Jello a little at a time seems to be ok with me. I drink one Premier Protein shacks that has 30gm of Protein that is tough. And at least 20-25 oz of Water. It's about 40oz of liquid a day.

Gas pain and hick ups.
The gas pain is becoming less, but is still lingering.

Has anyone been experiencing hick ups? I've had them for a while they come and go. They sucks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am experiencing a dull ache that comes about three seconds after my Water gets to my stomach and it’s on my right side and it just swipes across my right belly and lasts for a few seconds too... it’s not the stitches that hurt when this happens it’s down deep...

Hey guys. My surgery date was 12/26. Yesterday I felt pretty good. Discomfort in my stomach off and on, but had energy and was ok. My doc says each day is supposed to get better. But today I feel awful. A little dizzy, get out of breath just walking to the kitchen, heart rate goes up 30 beats just from sitting up, and generally tired. I’ve stuck to the liquid diet, but like I said in a previous post, I don’t get clear signals when I’ve eaten too much. I try to drink 3 Protein Shakes, one 6oz yogurt and 64oz Water a day because that’s what my nutritionist said to do. But when I read your posts and see how little others are eating, I worry I’m overdoing it. My symptoms fit somewhat with a leak and I’m really scared that I’m messing things up. Why would I feel so much worse today than yesterday? Has anyone else experienced a backslide like this?

I haven’t really had a backslide. I just still don’t really really like doing anything. My surgery was on 12/26 and today I’ve had 4 oz of yogurt, 4 oz of Protein Shake, 32 oz of Water, and 1 sugar free popsicle. I’m following the menu my nutritionist gave me pretty much. I still need to drink more water, eat dinner, and have one more snack.

I miss food too. I’m not hungry, but I have a hard time sipping my Protein Shake while my family eats delicious, balanced meals. It’s even worse that I am still the one making their meals. Just today I’ve made apple/banana oatmeal with yogurt, a chicken sandwich with avocado, popcorn, and for dinner I made chicken sausage and spinach orzo. Man, that’s tough!!! But I keep telling myself that I’m only 1 month I can eat with my family again, only smaller portions. Think how fast a month goes by. That thought is giving me strength. Hang in there!!

I’m only on day 3 post op. I still have incisional pain. But not enough to use the narcos I was given. I tried eating Jello a couple minutes ago and my tummy went into a frenzy. Too soon I guess.

Same as me. Three days out. I tried half a cup of jello and my tummy was NOT having it. Later on, I had some sugar free pudding that went down ok. Finally took a BM. (TMI, it was kinda funny. I would expect that after having nothing but liquids for a week.) Incision pain is better. Nausea is almost gone. I’ve been walking around and doing really well on my liquids and Proteins.

Same as me. Three days out. I tried half a cup of Jello and my tummy was NOT having it. Later on, I had some sugar free pudding that went down ok. Finally took a BM. (TMI, it was kinda funny. I would expect that after having nothing but liquids for a week.) Incision pain is better. Nausea is almost gone. I’ve been walking around and doing really well on my liquids and Proteins.

You have no clue how much your response made me feel better! I thought I was the only one not being able to eat much.

Had surgery on Dec 27th. Every day does get easier. My main issue now is one incision that still hurts when getting up and down or turning. I have found that the flavorless Protein like GENEPRO is so much easier then trying to get the Protein Shakes down. Can mix with anything from Water, to Soup, to yogurt. I am lucky no nausea or vomiting. Gas pain was horrible but it is better now. I am experiencing very low energy levels I guess body just adjusting to new diet and healing. Ready to be healed and start losing weight.

Had surgery on Dec 27th. Every day does get easier. My main issue now is one incision that still hurts when getting up and down or turning. I have found that the flavorless Protein like GENEPRO is so much easier then trying to get the Protein Shakes down. Can mix with anything from Water, to Soup, to yogurt. I am lucky no nausea or vomiting. Gas pain was horrible but it is better now. I am experiencing very low energy levels I guess body just adjusting to new diet and healing. Ready to be healed and start losing weight.

I feel you! I’m ready to start losing Weight and be healed. I don’t have much pain anymore except the incision where they pulled out the excess stomach. I can sleep on my side without problem. I had surgery on 12/28

12 hours ago, Brittanyblue said:

You have no clue how much your response made me feel better! I thought I was the only one not being able to eat much.

Everyone is different. I’m taking my time and trying to figure out what my body needs. No rush!