Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

I’ve been home for a day and a half. My surgeon told me I had to drink a Protein Shake a day at least and it was hard to get that down. I’m not hungry and don’t have an appetite. The nausea was really bad and still is to a point and I think that’s why I don’t want to eat anything. It took me a couple hours to finish my Protein shake.

Yeah it will slowly get better. Its hard to eat when you arent feeling well. Just listen to your body. Maybe try popcicles because it may help the nausea. As well as chewable ginger gravol if they didnt give you something for nausea.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah it will slowly get better. Its hard to eat when you arent feeling well. Just listen to your body. Maybe try popcicles because it may help the nausea. As well as chewable ginger gravol if they didnt give you something for nausea.

I will definitely try that! I just hope the nausea goes away.

I had mine done 12/21, I guess I am the odd ball, no nausea, other than the horrible pain from the gas they inflate you with I had very minimal pain, never took more than a couple Tylenol, it did take 6 days before I could sleep on my side without it feeling like my insides were going to come out the incisions, I was up and walking within 6 or so hours of surgery (in between sleeping which I did a ton of the first 4 days) went home the day after surgery, had no problem with the flight of stairs to my house, went to Walmart the next day (took an electric cart because my back was killing me from sleeping sitting up on the couch because of the gas pain) but my real problem is that this is week 2, I am on 90% liquid diet I can have cottage cheese and applesauce, but I can't do most of the stuff on the diet nor can I do the Protein Shake (I can't find a low carb one that does not have fake sugar, which I am allergic to) so I am finding that I am hungry more than 3 times a day which is leading to cravings and driving me nuts, but I am doing my best not to eat more than the 3 times a day. Well best wishes to all for a speedy recovery and a great start to a New Year 🎉

HI, I had 2 oz of Greek yogurt and 1oz of Protein Shake for Breakfast. I don’t feel necessarily full, but I do feel thirsty. My nutritionist says I shouldn’t drink for 45 min after breakfast. I don’t want to over eat, but I don’t really know what full feels like. I just know what over full feels like. Does that make sense? I really really really have to work on getting my Protein and Water today.

43 minutes ago, Jbrava24 said:

HI, I had 2 oz of Greek yogurt and 1oz of Protein Shake for Breakfast. I don’t feel necessarily full, but I do feel thirsty. My nutritionist says I shouldn’t drink for 45 min after breakfast. I don’t want to over eat, but I don’t really know what full feels like. I just know what over full feels like. Does that make sense? I really really really have to work on getting my Protein and Water today.

Yes it makes sense, I am having the same problem, I just do the best I can.

HI, I had 2 oz of Greek yogurt and 1oz of Protein Shake for breakfast. I don’t feel necessarily full, but I do feel thirsty. My nutritionist says I shouldn’t drink for 45 min after breakfast. I don’t want to over eat, but I don’t really know what full feels like. I just know what over full feels like. Does that make sense? I really really really have to work on getting my Protein and Water today.

I hear you. I had to ask my nurse practitioner if I was drinking too much water, because I was so thirsty. She suggested filling in with ice chips so I don't drink too quickly. The protein is going okay, but I have to go slowly--my stomach makes some interesting sounds when I eat!

I hear you. I had to ask my nurse practitioner if I was drinking too much Water, because I was so thirsty. She suggested filling in with ice chips so I don't drink too quickly. The Protein is going okay, but I have to go slowly--my stomach makes some interesting sounds when I eat!

Yeah, my tummy isn’t handling Jello very well. I can barely get through one Protein Shake a day. Anyone else experiencing that?

22 hours ago, Jbrava24 said:

Hi, i had mine on 12/26. It’s been pretty rough. I didn’t realize how much I was going to miss food.

Good morning everyone. I had a rough night. I couldn't really get a comfortable sleep position. I too haven't done right by the Protein Shakes. The smell is like that of Similac so it turns me off. Yesterday when I went out with my son, I drove and yes while I know that wasn't the best idea I didn't really have a choice. I rubbed one of the incisions open a bit with my seat belt and that hurt like the dickens. No bandages at hand so I had to MacGuyver something so I wound up with (TMI) ...a pantyliner covering it and me holding my side like I'd been shot (truth be told I really felt like it). I've heard there are sugar free, low calorie pumps like what is used to flavor coffee which is what I am going to look for. The Protein is a necessary evil so short of holding my nose while I drink it. My mission is to find something quick. Happy New Year!

12 minutes ago, Livingmybestlife said:

Good morning everyone. I had a rough night. I couldn't really get a comfortable sleep position. I too haven't done right by the Protein Shakes. The smell is like that of Similac so it turns me off. Yesterday when I went out with my son, I drove and yes while I know that wasn't the best idea I didn't really have a choice. I rubbed one of the incisions open a bit with my seat belt and that hurt like the dickens. No bandages at hand so I had to MacGuyver something so I wound up with (TMI) ...a pantyliner covering it and me holding my side like I'd been shot (truth be told I really felt like it). I've heard there are sugar free, low calorie pumps like what is used to flavor coffee which is what I am going to look for. The Protein is a necessary evil so short of holding my nose while I drink it. My mission is to find something quick. Happy New Year!

I know! The past two nights my big stomach insicion has woken me up both times. Then it’s like my lower back is sore from having to sleep on it. I can’t seem to get One good sleep in :( hope you’re feel better from yesterday. I ordered some unflavored Protein Powder which should be here Wednesday.

You can find those syrups at places that carry specialty coffee like winners and homesense.

Hey everybody :) I was sleeved on 12/27. My worst pain was the excruciating full bladder all night due to the non-stop IV drip. I was walking up and down the halls twice an hour to use the bathroom, and never felt any relief until I got my IV out the next morning. Thankfully that is over!

My largest incision was bleeding a tiny bit while at the surgery center the night of, so they put a ton of band-aids over it (all the others just have surgical glue on the outside, which this one does too but I think too much pressure from getting in/out of bed all night caused a little hole in the glue and led to the light bleeding). Now it itches like crazy and is a little sore with all those band-aids piled on. Supposedly they will come off in the shower, so we'll see.

We traveled for my surgery so we were discharged to the hotel the next morning. I was in a bit of a daze for the first 48 hrs. The pain meds helped but weren't strong enough to make me feel "high" so to speak, just felt tired/wired at the same time if that makes sense? We spent most of the time in the room watching movies On Demand, and I remember having a hard time following the plots, LOL.

At the hotel, "surgery guests" were provided chicken broth and low sugar popsicles twice per day along with 2 bottles of Water. To that I added a bottle of reduced sugar Gatorade or Vitamin Water for my electrolytes and some watered down apple juice for flavor/energy (discharge nurse actually said, "Don't get super freaked out about sugar - I mean don't go crazy, but you NEED a little sugar! Just water down some apple juice or something"). So that helped a lot. I had also taken several packets of the Cream of Chicken flavored Soup Protein packs with me in case I needed them on the plane. I ended up mixing them with the chicken broth at the hotel since their's was roughly colored water. It added a lot of flavor plus protein, of course. Much more palatable, I found.

I actually had to force myself to stop drinking my broth and eating my popsicles before I finished them because I wasn't really feeling a "full" sensation. Just all of a sudden I remembered that I was only supposed to be "wanting" and "needing" a few oz at time. So that was a little disconcerting. Worse was when my husband's burger and fries showed up with room service. I couldn't look at him for a while-

I too had issues sleeping on my side, but am now doing ok on my right, surrounded by pillows. Left is still a little tender. Only taking half a pain pill 2x per day now, and that's mostly bc we spent 6 hours sitting at San Diego airport last evening before our 6 hour flight to Philly, which arrived home at 7 this morning. Talk about a long night. I was really freaking out about no food options since I had to dump most liquids before security, but there was a California pizza Kitchen where my husband got me a small beef barley soup. I only drank the broth, but OMG, it was the best thing ever. I even forgave him for the burger and fries. After boarding the plane last night I crumbled several of my meds into a little cup, dumped them onto my tongue, let them dissolve a little, then washed it down with water. 30 minutes later I was sound asleep and stayed that way for a good 4 hours, which is basically miraculous.

So thankful to be home safe and sound. Started my first post-op Protein Shake this afternoon - that was my first experience with slight nausea so far, but I am definitely looking forward to good things to come here the next few weeks as the body gets back to normal. Congrats to all my fellow "Late Dec Sleevers"! Good luck everyone ~ Let's do this!!

I am starting to notice that many of the foods I am eating in the phase 2 foods have similar flavors, and I am already getting bored with them 😕. This morning I added a packet of stevia and some cinnamon to my tablespoons of Greek yogurt, and it was delicious. I think I will have to keep trying things like this to keep it more palatable. I am really missing flavors, and will need to experiment with spices as my tolerance for foods changes over time.

I am starting to notice that many of the foods I am eating in the phase 2 foods have similar flavors, and I am already getting bored with them [emoji53]. This morning I added a packet of stevia and some cinnamon to my tablespoons of Greek yogurt, and it was delicious. I think I will have to keep trying things like this to keep it more palatable. I am really missing flavors, and will need to experiment with spices as my tolerance for foods changes over time.

Ive been making a variety of Soups like potato cheddar and carrot then straining them it helps a lot to mix it up. Also ive been eating the oikos greek yogurt in different flavours and that helps keep things from getting boring. Ive also made homemade sugar free popcicles with mio and stuff and they are fantastic.