Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017



Recommended Posts

My surgeon is giving me a month off so from 12/5 to 1/8 but I’m only taking two weeks my job is under staffed right now so i told them I’ll come back early on light duty


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery is Dec 19th. I'm going to dr illan at Bariatricpal in Tijuana. Is anyone else going there too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - what a great idea for a thread MSG - thanks for starting this! :) I need buddies!

I see a few that share my date of 12/7. I have no pre-op diet but just have to do light meals tomorrow which I'm going to just do shakes..and then not eat or drink after midnight..arrive at 9:30 for 11:30 surgery.

the two others I work with who have been sleeved took three to four weeks off...but I am hoping to just take just over a week and then work from home for the next few weeks...we're down some people with the holidays and I can do most of my job from home anyway as I work one day a week at home regularly.

Good luck to everyone - I'm nervous and excited but more excited. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone

I’m scheduled for December 12, was supposed to start my liquids diet yesterday but starting today:unsure: it’ll basically be Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. I don’t like broth or Soups for that matter so it’ll be a struggle having no hot/warm food for a while

starting to feel more nervous than before but I’m ready for this! I go in today for my last pre-op blood work and EKG.

I’m going to be off work for 23 days but i work a 7 days on/7days off schedule so I’m really just taking 9 days off

wishing y’all the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!! I'm scheduled for Monday the 11th. I'm on day 3 of my liquid only diet. Its been a struggle but I've basically been living off broth and shakes. Plus side is that I'm down 5lbs in 3 days! Woohoo! Can't wait to have the surgery done with and the lbs melting away!

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Road2Newme3 said:

Hello!! I'm scheduled for Monday the 11th. I'm on day 3 of my liquid only diet. Its been a struggle but I've basically been living off broth and shakes. Plus side is that I'm down 5lbs in 3 days! Woohoo! Can't wait to have the surgery done with and the lbs melting away!

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

5 pounds is a motivation to keep going!

What time is your surgery?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 pounds is a motivation to keep going!
What time is your surgery?


Thanks! It's at 10:30, I have to be there by 8:30 though. I'm the second one of the day. It's my first surgery so I'm kind of nervous but definitely more excited than anything! What about you?

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:


Thanks! It's at 10:30, I have to be there by 8:30 though. I'm the second one of the day. It's my first surgery so I'm kind of nervous but definitely more excited than anything! What about you?

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow we almost have the same time! My surgery is next Tuesday at 10 am and i have to be there by 8 am. I was there yesterday to get my pre-op labs and EKG done and was kinda glad i got the chance to know the ins and outs of the huge hospital and where to go for my surgery. That would sure would help ease some of surgery day’s tensions

I’ve Had a laparoscopic surgery before and i can tell u aside from my tummy being sore being cut wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. Of course in the sleeve, they’ll be removing 3/4 of an organ lol so I’m expecting more soreness than before and i have a strong gag reflex so kinda worried about nausea and throwing up.

we will be ok though and God willing everything is going to go smoothly!

i failed but survived my first day of liquids diet :60_sweat: When cooking dinner i had 3 bites of some steamed potatoes and ground beef:51_scream: so husband declared that there will be no more cooking for me

i’ll be working though from tomorrow all the way till surgery day so I’ll do better

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow we almost have the same time! My surgery is next Tuesday at 10 am and i have to be there by 8 am. I was there yesterday to get my pre-op labs and EKG done and was kinda glad i got the chance to know the ins and outs of the huge hospital and where to go for my surgery. That would sure would help ease some of surgery day’s tensions


I’ve Had a laparoscopic surgery before and i can tell u aside from my tummy being sore being cut wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. Of course in the sleeve, they’ll be removing 3/4 of an organ lol so I’m expecting more soreness than before and i have a strong gag reflex so kinda worried about nausea and throwing up.

we will be ok though and God willing everything is going to go smoothly!

i failed but survived my first day of liquids diet :60_sweat: When cooking dinner i had 3 bites of some steamed potatoes and ground beef:51_scream: so husband declared that there will be no more cooking for me
i’ll be working though from tomorrow all the way till surgery day so I’ll do better



Yeah, day one was a mess for me too. Haha, but after day one I kind of pep talked myself into why it was important for me to do this and now I've been doing so much better. I'm on day 4 now and I still get hungry so I make sure I always have a shake with me so I'm not tempted.


Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a day 1 and 2 "mess"

I couldn't handle the Protein Shake taste so I make a chicken broth Soup to help me with the shake.

On day 3 I managed to endure it without a broth help (I am not allowed to have broth). So in my defense I see most program let people have broth lol and I have a 4 week pre-op liquid diet so that broth will not affect anything at all. But I will be honest with my surgeon once I see him. I hope he won't be dissapointed.... I think he will be at the fact I didn't eat any veggies but heck if i'm not hungry I won't eat more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Sleeve on Tuesday Dec 5th, came home yesterday. Been nauseous since surgery, having chills and sweats since I got home. Since Home, no pain meds, although I could have yesterday. Today has been better. sore but no severe pain. Met my Protein and fluid goals and had first bm since surgery.

How's everyone else?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, Rubyfit4life said:

My surgeon is giving me a month off so from 12/5 to 1/8 but I’m only taking two weeks my job is under staffed right now so i told them I’ll come back early on light duty

How are you doing Ruby? I had surgery on Dec 5th too. I got home on Thursday, doing better today except for the chills and sweats I've had. NP said it was due to the trauma of the surgery and is normal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, {.Narin.} said:

Hi everyone

I’m scheduled for December 12, was supposed to start my liquids diet yesterday but starting today:unsure: it’ll basically be Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. I don’t like broth or Soups for that matter so it’ll be a struggle having no hot/warm food for a while

starting to feel more nervous than before but I’m ready for this! I go in today for my last pre-op blood work and EKG.

I’m going to be off work for 23 days but i work a 7 days on/7days off schedule so I’m really just taking 9 days off

wishing y’all the best

Nervous is normal, I think we've all had it. I had lap band 6 years ago, had it out but was still nervous the week before surgery. You will be happy you did this!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, Jeannie49 said:

Hi - what a great idea for a thread MSG - thanks for starting this! :) I need buddies!

I see a few that share my date of 12/7. I have no pre-op diet but just have to do light meals tomorrow which I'm going to just do shakes..and then not eat or drink after midnight..arrive at 9:30 for 11:30 surgery.

the two others I work with who have been sleeved took three to four weeks off...but I am hoping to just take just over a week and then work from home for the next few weeks...we're down some people with the holidays and I can do most of my job from home anyway as I work one day a week at home regularly.

Good luck to everyone - I'm nervous and excited but more excited. :)

Hope you are doing well. Let us know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Mattymatt

      Getting back to work has been really good for me! I am so busy I hardly have time to think about food or eat much and the scale and pants really show. I am either going to need a smaller belt or new jeans. A new belt is cheaper so I'll try this first. My tee shirts hang on me now.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Izzy Bizzy

      Im 4 weeks out now and i still get dizzy a lot, i will be doing the most minimalistic things and suddenly have this rush come over me where i feel week and dizzy. Usually not while I'm working out tho. It will happen on the way home from the gym, or in the shower after the gym. It kind of is just annoying at this point... but I'm down 38 pounds from the hospital and i continue to lose weight every day, weather it be .1 pound or 5 pounds in a day progress is progress. It has also been tough because it is summer and it is the summer before my senior year, i want to be out with my friends and go to parties that they are having but for the first two weeks i was kept at my parents side and they only let me go to a birthday party last week for the first time, i feel like i haven't seen my friends as much as I'm used to in the summer, and it kinda sucks, but at the end of the day it was my choice and i hope i made the right one. Im type excited to go back to band camp physically ready, and mentally motivated to push my self more than before. Im excited to do the 3 laps around the band field and not be 5 minutes behind everyone else. I am excited to lose more weight before band starts and i can wear my new boujee workout gear. I am excited to see if anybody notices my weight loss and if it affects my social life once school starts. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Izzy Bizzy

      Everyday is a struggle but I'm getting there...  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tierra T Tij

      My Body Image Issues:
      07/20/18 Friday
      I am writing this because it seems like no matter how hard I do love myself and have confidence it's like it's hard to believe the words I say and also my old eating disorder/OCD mind tends to take over sometimes and before I know it I'm counting EVERY food that I eat and feeling very fat/freaking out. I'm trying to do my affirmations everyday and fix myself up nice to make myself feel better but it seems like nothing makes me feel better and I go back to either these bad thoughts or I want to self harm to heal myself or randomly yell at people. I get no stress release from my frustrations thus I become even more OCD spend and have other  bad addictions besides OCD'ing on the food I eat like overly exercise until my feet really blister or hurt or over spend on items I think I need to feel a void. I'm tired of putting myself through the ringer but it feels like nothing is never ever enough for me and I'm always searching for answers in the wrong places.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ConnieCoops

      Summer heat has been debilitating to taking frequent walks. My future success depends on amping up exercise. So happy to see others achieving remarkable weight loss
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×