Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

4 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:

Hi guys! I'm post op and feeling fine. Nausea is kicking my butt but getting up to walk really helps and actually feels good. Gas pains are weird. They are uncomfortable but it's almost like my stomach is super hungry like you now how your stomach growls and it hurts? It almost feels like that when the gas moves except upper chest. Surgery went really well and so far recovery is going great! I just keep falling asleep due to anesthesia.. Still trying to work that out of my system. Good luck to everyone! So happy to be on the losers bench!

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on finally getting it done! Glad its all going well

did they give something for the nausea? That’s actually my biggest fear post op.

i figured if the gas bothers me i’ll just request to walk more till i feel better

Mine is tomorrow and im so nervous right now! I’m ready to see tomorrow around this time so it’ll be over with

5 hours ago, Mary Stokley Gromer said:

My stomach growled last night for the first time since surgery last Tues. I decided to growl back, saying it cannot have it's way any more with me!! Then I patted myself on the back. .

LOL! Good job Mary keep growling right back at it =D and thanks for making me laugh i needed it!

Going to take my measurements per your recommendation

wishing you well:455_rosette:

Congrats on finally getting it done! Glad its all going well
did they give something for the nausea? That’s actually my biggest fear post op.
i figured if the gas bothers me i’ll just request to walk more till i feel better
Mine is tomorrow and im so nervous right now! I’m ready to see tomorrow around this time so it’ll be over with

Yep! Nausea really does sucks. I was dry heaving in post up and terrified that I'd pop of staple in my stomach. They reassured me that they're tough and heaving won't do anything to them. But they're giving me an anti-nausea every 8 hours and I haven't had any issues except for when I was in post up with the heaving. Now I'll just get little waves of nausea here and there but nothing major. Best of luck to you! Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 2 days away, 12/14. They just told me I was scheduled for 1:20pm. Can't eat after midnight? Sucks, but ah well, I am sort of used to not eating the last 11 days.

One thing I see and like is that everyone has a different story, experience and attitude. Some of the posts kind of scare me about what is to come, but others calm me down when I read them.

I have been on the shake pre-op since 11/30. As of today, lost 12#. Got stocked up on the 1st & 2nd week liquids.

Nervous but looking forward to my new life.

Mike

Edited by MichaelB

1 hour ago, MichaelB said:

I am 2 days away, 12/14. They just told me I was scheduled for 1:20pm. Can't eat after midnight? Sucks, but ah well, I am sort of used to not eating the last 11 days.

One thing I see and like is that everyone has a different story, experience and attitude. Some of the posts kind of scare me about what is to come, but others calm me down when I read them.

I have been on the shake pre-op since 11/30. As of today, lost 12#. Got stocked up on the 1st & 2nd week liquids.

Nervous but looking forward to my new life.

Mike

good luck Mike - I'm sure you'll do fine :) mine was supposed to be at 11:30am and it wound up pushed to 1pm but I wasn't hungry just excited- hope the same for you :)

23 hours ago, Mary Stokley Gromer said:

My stomach growled last night for the first time since surgery last Tues. I decided to growl back, saying it cannot have it's way any more with me!! Then I patted myself on the back. It still growled but I'm not giving in. Have you tried Jello or pudding thinned out? That might help. Must be sugar free.

Is your 20 lbs just since surgery or from when you started? I weighed my crummy scale and it said I was down 12 but I go to my Primary in the morning to know for sure. I have lost inches. If you haven't taken your measurements, do it so in a week or two you can compare. It's inspiring.

you are too funny :) I've had a bit of hunger here or there the last day or two but nothing crazy...today I got seriously hungry (i was sleeved on Thursday)...not sure if it's the 3 thyroid pills I'm still taking that is revving me up or what...I'm not allowed jellor or pudding yet -- just spoke to nutritionist and she upped my Protein Shake from 2oz per meal to 2.5..hoping that does it.

that is a good idea about taking down your measurements - I didn't do that. I'm down 12lbs since surgery but should take my measurements too.

did anyone else have a LOT of bruising around the incisions? I also had a lot on the sides of my legs - maybe where they strapped me in for surgery or something...

also I saw people write about their staples - I don't think I have external ones - just some sort of tape...am I the only one?

Nothing to be worried about. Only good will come of it in the end. Had the sleeve on 12/7 and yes the first day was kind of rough for a while but once the anesthesia and gas are under control things get much better. Walk as much as you can after. It helps get everything moving after surgery. Make sure to drink drink and drink some more. It feels and sounds funny but it is all for good. Every day gets better just try and stay positive and it makes everything so much better! I give you lots of props for being on the liquid pre op diet for so long. It was all I could do to keep with it for two weeks. But I did and things are definitely going well now. I gained 4 pounds while in the hospital due to all the fluids that I was getting then lost those four as well as plus I believe 8.4 more. So 12.4 in the 5 Days since surgery. You can do it and If you are like me you probably wish you did it a long time ago. Sending you lots of good thoughts vibes and prayers

be well

T

1 hour ago, Jeannie49 said:

did anyone else have a LOT of bruising around the incisions? I also had a lot on the sides of my legs - maybe where they strapped me in for surgery or something...

also I saw people write about their staples - I don't think I have external ones - just some sort of tape...am I the only one?

Any time I've ever had surgery, my incisions bruised quite badly. Same thing happened this time, I don't know why.

I think the tape you're describing is probably steri strips. My surgeon uses a glue type stuff to cover the incision, and others have staples.

15 minutes ago, KCRN said:

Any time I've ever had surgery, my incisions bruised quite badly. Same thing happened this time, I don't know why.

I think the tape you're describing is probably steri strips. My surgeon uses a glue type stuff to cover the incision, and others have staples.

ah thanks for the info KCRN -- I think that's what i have and they said it will eventually just peel off...

glad to see your updates and you're doing well. :)

My surgery went really well yesterday. I made sure I walked a lot to get the gas moving out. I'm home recovering. The hardest part for me is getting enough Water although the gas pains are rough sometimes too.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, BetterBee said:

My surgery went really well yesterday. I made sure I walked a lot to get the gas moving out. I'm home recovering. The hardest part for me is getting enough Water although the gas pains are rough sometimes too.

So glad all went well BB :) are you drinking straight Water? that was so heavy for me...I do much better with very diluted crystal light and getting that down...keep walking every hour or so walk around your house several times and the gas should get better soon!

So glad all went well BB are you drinking straight Water? that was so heavy for me...I do much better with very diluted crystal light and getting that down...keep walking every hour or so walk around your house several times and the gas should get better soon!

I have been drinking Water, Unjury chicken broth, and I even tried a little Jello. I think I'll need to wait a couple more days for the jello though. I never threw up or had the dry heaves but I could tell my stomach was angry at that one

36 minutes ago, BetterBee said:

I have been drinking Water, unjury chicken broth, and I even tried a little Jello. I think I'll need to wait a couple more days for the Jello though. I never threw up or had the dry heaves but I could tell my stomach was angry at that one

oh yeah - they had some sort of Protein jello on my tray at the hospital and the nurse grabbed it as she said my surgeon doesn't allow that just yet...I have natural apple sauce, sugar free pudding and sugar free jello in the fridge but won't touch until he tells me I can go there....