Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

Sleeved on the 7th December....and 48lbs down! Dropped from a UK dress size 22 to UK 18.

Family are really starting to notice now (although don’t know about the sleeve) - colleagues not so much!

10 hours ago, RosieQueenofScots said:

Sleeved on the 7th December....and 48lbs down! Dropped from a UK dress size 22 to UK 18.

Family are really starting to notice now (although don’t know about the sleeve) - colleagues not so much!

I would like to think that I am right on target with you then, I was sleeved on 12-5, down 46 pounds :) Keep up the good work .. slow and steady wins the race!

21 hours ago, Rubyfit4life said:

How’s all the December sleepers doing? It’s our 3rd month post op!!! Time fly’s by!!!

Down 47 pounds since surgery. Pushing through the plateaus.....trying to be patient. :)

Sleeved December 20th and down 34 lbs. I can really start to feel a difference.

On 3/13/2018 at 1:38 AM, kelliekell said:

12/13 sleever here!! I made it to wonderland!!! 196#!!! Down over 60 pounds!!! I purged my closet this weekend! I’m a new me!!!

Congrats! thats amazing!

Good Morning!!! I as sleeved 12/7/17 from surgery I am down 34 lbs. Does any one have any tips that will help me lose more? I have been at the same weight for the past almost 2 weeks. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciative!!!

Doctor's appt today.. wish me luck.. My doctor has been known to be really hard on his patients, so far, he's been fair to me, but I'm afraid he may not be as pleased with my loss since my last visit :( By my calculations, I've lost 40 pounds since surgery and 10 in the weeks from the date it was scheduled.. Thats 50 pds total loss in just less than 4 months. I should be pleased even if he isnt. right?? :)

3 hours ago, cdealdec said:

Good Morning!!! I as sleeved 12/7/17 from surgery I am down 34 lbs. Does any one have any tips that will help me lose more? I have been at the same weight for the past almost 2 weeks. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciative!!!

Hi... the only thing I do is go back to pureed stage for a few days.. it usually works to break a plateau.

So happy to hear so many are having so much success! I am having a rough couple of days and have gained 1.5 lbs back. I was sleeved on 12/7/17 and am down 41 lbs since then and lost 15 lbs in the two weeks on the horrid Protein diet two weeks before surgery. So all told I am down 56 lbs. since Thanksgiving night. Oops wrong now it’s 54.5 lbs. ☹️

Things started going wrong three days ago during a blizzard. I had my granddaughter here and she wanted to make cookies! Well I should have known better. I cannot be trusted to be alone with a cookie, pie or cake. I figured I have been doing great, and I had been a cookie or two won’t hurt me. Wrong wrong wrong. They call to me and down they went. Now I need to get back on track and really could use some support!

6 hours ago, cdealdec said:

I was sleeved on 12/5 so we are almost twins! I am down 44 but it's been tough. My NP wasn't joking when she said it would still be hard work! I've only lost 5 lbs since Valentine's Day. I wasn't even trying but Portion Control is what helped me lose that. Now I'm working on doing another RESET. What that means is I go back to the beginning, right after surgery. What made us lose so fast? It's because we were basically fasting before and after surgery then a Liquid Protein diet the first 2 weeks. At least that's what they had me do. I have done a RESET 2 other times and it helped me drop 8 lbs in about 4 days. Still taking my Vitamins, drinking a lot of Water. I've also incorporated the Apple Cider Vinegar drink into my plan, which I'm starting on today. Exercise has been my downfall on a consistent basis. I'm doing good at exercising 3 times per week but can't seem to get more in, so I've started increasing that.

I'm trying to lose 22 lbs by April 5th, my 4 month sleeve anniversary. It will be hard but it's 18 days. If I hit this goal, I will be under 200 for the first time in 20 yrs!! Make a goal for yourself for April 7th and let's see how we do!!

1 hour ago, Tasg said:

So happy to hear so many are having so much success! I am having a rough couple of days and have gained 1.5 lbs back. I was sleeved on 12/7/17 and am down 41 lbs since then and lost 15 lbs in the two weeks on the horrid Protein diet two weeks before surgery. So all told I am down 56 lbs. since Thanksgiving night. Oops wrong now it’s 54.5 lbs. ☹️

Things started going wrong three days ago during a blizzard. I had my granddaughter here and she wanted to make cookies! Well I should have known better. I cannot be trusted to be alone with a cookie, pie or cake. I figured I have been doing great, and I had been a cookie or two won’t hurt me. Wrong wrong wrong. They call to me and down they went. Now I need to get back on track and really could use some support!

Tasg, don't beat yourself up. My scale goes back and forth 3-4 lbs in the same day! My hubby drives long haul truck and hit quit the horrible company he was working with right at Valentine's Day. We had Shari's Berries that I had bought him too! I chose to fudge the diet. I've had my granddaughters over and we have made Cookies. Wow, did it spike my blood sugar and I hated it. So just get back on the bandwagon, go forward. You can do this cause you wouldn't have had the surgery unless you could!! Just know that it is through the weaknesses that we are made strong!

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, kelliekell said:

12/13 sleever here!! I made it to wonderland!!! 196#!!! Down over 60 pounds!!! I purged my closet this weekend! I’m a new me!!!

That's sooooo AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!! I'm 22 lbs out from ONEderland!! I cannot wait to post my own message about hitting it!!

I've been cleaning out my closet for the last 2 months. Did it this week again. My closet only has 1/3 being used. I don't feel like shopping just yet cause I want to buy smaller clothes. I have a lot of smaller sizes now due to my post lap band surgery. But yesterday I hit one pound below my lowest with lap band! I feel like if I were to shop, I'd be "settling" at where I am. One or two newbie clothes but I'm holding off for the major shopping spree. Also, have you noticed your shoes getting really big? I'll be so happy to buy new shoes - shoe fanatic here!

Edited by Mary Stokley Gromer