Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

Congrats on all the scheduled surgery dates !!!!
Mine is the 19th and I feel like I’m getting sick. [emoji15]. I don’t want to get sick [emoji40]! I’ve waited so long for this for it to be rescheduled [emoji30]. Any suggestions anyone ????

CW:245
Surgery date :Dec 19, 2017

5 minutes ago, Aran1030 said:

Congrats on all the scheduled surgery dates !!!!
Mine is the 19th and I feel like I’m getting sick. [emoji15]. I don’t want to get sick [emoji40]! I’ve waited so long for this for it to be rescheduled [emoji30]. Any suggestions anyone ????

oh yikes..sorry to hear that - that happened to me. I caught a sinus infection very early and the ENT put me on an antibiotic that ended a day and a half before my surgery. Do you think it's a cold or virus or a bacterial infection?

oh yikes..sorry to hear that - that happened to me. I caught a sinus infection very early and the ENT put me on an antibiotic that ended a day and a half before my surgery. Do you think it's a cold or virus or a bacterial infection?

I think it’s a cold/sinus ,the weather is southern California has been crazy. We are not use to the drastic changes. Morning it’s like 45 and after noon it’s like 75 . Super dry weather .. had Santa Ana Winds and fires. . This always gets me sick.

Hi, I was sleeved on 12/4/17. My SW was 252. CW 235. I’m currently on a 2 week postoperative clear liquid diet. Tomorrow I have my 1st postoperative appointment with the surgeon , since I was d/c from the hospital.

53 minutes ago, Aran1030 said:

I think it’s a cold/sinus ,the weather is southern California has been crazy. We are not use to the drastic changes. Morning it’s like 45 and after noon it’s like 75 . Super dry weather .. had Santa Ana Winds and fires. . This always gets me sick.

i would try to take some Probiotics, zinc etc to try to shorten the duration as much as possible and boost your immune system....hopefully you can get some rest over the weekend too. feel better :(

16 minutes ago, aressler said:

Hi all! I was sleeved 12/12. Came home 12/13. Jumped on scale just now and I'm up ten pounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I didn't weigh myself for the first few days as I was afraid of gain from all the fluids in the hospital..hopefully that gets flushed out in a few days and you get on a losing track. :)

20 minutes ago, aressler said:

Hi all! I was sleeved 12/12. Came home 12/13. Jumped on scale just now and I'm up ten pounds. emoji21.png

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I was up 11.2 pounds from morning of surgery (12/11) to the day after (12/12). It's from all the swelling and Iv fluids. As of this morning (12/14) I've lost that 11.2 and am 1.8 lower than the morning of surgery. The iv Fluid weight goes away quickly.

Edited by BlueCrush

Sleeved on 12/12 a well. Currently hoping the pain will pass (mostly gas pain). Stayed 2 nights in he hospital and very afraid I'll be back there this weekend if things don't improve! Hoping this will all be a distant memory in a few weeks. My weight was up a tad when I got home too, they load you with fluids in surgery and at least for me the swelling is pretty extreme

Had my first post op visit today! Got some IV fluids for dehydration...funny how quickly that sneaks up on you. Looking back, I've been really nauseous so I haven't been drinking like I should. I was told part of my nausea could be from dehydration. It's a vicious cycle. Don't drink enough because I'm nauseous and nauseous because I don't drink enough. I'm feeling much better now after the fluids. Also, my diet was advanced! I'm now in full liquids for a couple weeks. I had Tomato Soup tonight and it was delicious.

Hope you all are healing well and for those of you in the home stretch, good luck!

14 hours ago, Jeannie49 said:

welcome to the forum :) i'm pretty new too and the board has been a great source of info for me..

I had a similar thought yesterday about why i did this around the holidays as it's not like I'm way ahead on shopping or anything and there's so much to do :wacko:...not even thinking about the food. My sister took me to get my nails done today and I was excited to hear the holiday music..and then realized that I usually have it on while I do a lot of my christmas cookie baking (which is obviously not happening this year)...tomorrow I'm going to put my music on and try to get myself into it a bit more..

I had mine on 12/7 and really hoping on the 20th he moves me off of fluids. I would love to have some Jello right now -- the popsicles are keeping me going. did you have a pre-op liquid plan?

HI Jeannie, I only had one day of pure liquid pre-op, The day before surgery. I was told to lose 6 pds and report to the office the day before to weigh in... if I had not lost 6 pds he would have to reschedule. I lost 10. Just sensible eating and doing what I should have done all along. I probably wouldve cancelled if I had done 2 weeks of full liquids before. LOL

18 hours ago, Rachel.1187 said:

I had my sleeve on the 11th, day 4 today! I've also had a lot of new tummy noises and sensations, and burping! My nausea has improved a lot in the last 2 days, just a bit achey now in the stomach.

Im so happy to hear your nausea is getting better. My surgery was on the 12 and the nausea is awful. If it wasnt for that I'd be running laps! Well not really but I'd feel a ton better. :)

I'm so glad my surgeon didn't require a long post op liquid diet. The plan he gave to me for post op was:

Days 1-2: Clear Liquids

Days 3-20: full liquids and purees

Days 21-42: soft foods (defined as can be cut with a fork)

Day 43+: Normal diet

I was sleeved on 12/11, and yesterday I tried some applesauce and Ricotta bake, and today I've tried cream of wheat, in addition to the Protein Shakes. All has settled well, but in shocked at how little fills me up. For example, about 1/3 of a pack of cream of wheat stuffed me at Breakfast this morning.

Also, I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 4.2lbs since surgery day in Monday, which is crazy considering I was UP 11+lbs the day after surgery!

Edited by BlueCrush

My post op is similar

1-4: liquid

5-8: kinda liquid (can't translate it well)

9-15: purees

16-30: soft food

30+ : normal diet (must be 7 week post op before bread, Pasta, rice & red meat)

Can't wait to have post-op food. I am on day 26 of pre-op liquid. Getting my sleeve on monday and it is about time.