Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my sleeve is happening on the 2nd, and just want to share some of my thoughts.

I have had it with being that fat girl in the group, strangers telling me about their dieticians, and gyms, as though I was never skinny, which I was before having my last child. I am sick of it. I am sick of them making assumptions about me, as though my body is public property to be fat shamed. Yes, I am giving in to the fat shaming by doing it, but I am also getting my power back because I am sick of people that aren't better than me looking down on me. Judging me. I don't want to lose my curves and booty, but I know I will.

I am about 85kgs - 187lbs. I hope that in 3 months time there will be a noticeable difference. I hope it's even sooner than that.

I am grieving food, and wine. So I like food... is that such a crime? But I also want to be healthy...

I wonder how soon I can start doing weight training and if I'll have energy? Will I have to take weights easier? How soon can I be in a spin cycle class? I don't want loose skin.

What is everyone else looking forward to the most after surgery - be honest! I am doing this for me, but I can't wait to rub my hot new bod in everyone's face!

6 hours ago, YummyMummy303 said:

So my sleeve is happening on the 2nd, and just want to share some of my thoughts.

I have had it with being that fat girl in the group, strangers telling me about their dieticians, and gyms, as though I was never skinny, which I was before having my last child. I am sick of it. I am sick of them making assumptions about me, as though my body is public property to be fat shamed. Yes, I am giving in to the fat shaming by doing it, but I am also getting my power back because I am sick of people that aren't better than me looking down on me. Judging me. I don't want to lose my curves and booty, but I know I will.

I am about 85kgs - 187lbs. I hope that in 3 months time there will be a noticeable difference. I hope it's even sooner than that.

I wonder how soon I can start doing weight training and if I'll have energy? Will I have to take weights easier? How soon can I be in a spin cycle class? I don't want loose skin.

What is everyone else looking forward to the most after surgery - be honest! I am doing this for me, but I can't wait to rub my hot new bod in everyone's face!

You said [But I also want to be healthy...]

Keep that in the front of your mind. Do this for yourself.

You may find your inner fat girl may still have a chip on her shoulder about people treating you better after your weight loss.

Trust me, the same negative people that comment now will make comments as you lose weight or find a new flaw to to judge after goal.

In the process of weight loss, I hope you can learn let go of the negative statements, fat shaming and judgement from the past. Letting go is for you...Not them. Other people don't get define you. Only you get define who you are. Invest your time in people that are supportive in life.

Loving food : You will still like food but it won't control you anymore. The surgery is only a tool the rest is the hard work you put into this. Changing into healthy behaviors will keep you successful in the long run.

Right after surgery the Drs. will have you walking. It helps the healing process. As you heal your Dr will release you to higher impact exercise.

New cute clothing feels so good! Not a crime rocking your new bod. If it keeps you motivated. Go for it!

Wishing you the best for your upcoming surgery,

Jenn

I am grieving food, and wine. So I like food... is that such a crime? But I also want to be healthy...

Hi, I signed up to reply to you. Has your op happened yet?

One thing I’m looking forward to is running and my husband being able to pick me up.

Yay, thanks for signing up!

I can't wait to start running, or being picked up too by a big stone man hehe

My op is on Saturday. They called me today to move it to 10am from midday. I am SOOOOO FRICKEN EXCITED!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for so much. I wonder how soon it will be until I need smaller size clothes? I am really hungry right now, but just one more day of this stupid liquid diet, and it will be surgery time!!! :)

Congratulations hope everything goes well I just had my surgery 3 days ago I feel like crap I just want to get back to normal as quick as possible that's all I'm really thinking of and yes I would love to be small enough for some man to pick me up into his arms that will make me so happy

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, 50+ssallday said:

Congratulations hope everything goes well I just had my surgery 3 days ago I feel like crap I just want to get back to normal as quick as possible that's all I'm really thinking of and yes I would love to be small enough for some man to pick me up into his arms that will make me so happy

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

That's so good - I am so happy for you!!! Hopefully you'll be feeling heaps better soon! Ima try to keep everyone updated from hospital hehe

What about gas pain that everyone's complaining about, have you got that? Is it painful? I am 1 day away now - I hope I stick to my last day of liquid hehehe

Hi, just wanted to say good luck for today. You got this!

Thank you, I’m in my surgery room right now. Should be getting gowned up soon :) I just feel so emotional I want to cry. I just need it to be done now :) xx

I was sleeved on aug 21. I weight 289 and 5’9 so you are thin to me- not sure why ppl are shaming you. I’m hoping to end up at 170ish. In any case I’m 3 mos post op and lost over 50 pounds. I was healthy except for my weight. Before surgery I did soul cycle and purebarre. Also walked 3-6 miles. So I was always into exercise.
After 3 mos There’s a huge difference. I am wearing normal clothing and I have a waist. I’m wearing lots of clothing that I couldn’t get over my thighs or over my head. I’m much smaller. I love my progress and can’t wait till the end.
Exercise: I walked right from the beginning just took it easy. Started with one block then by 2 weeks was walking a mile. And added more miles and more quickly. Even started to jog but then the weather got cold. At a month I was back into SoulCycle and purebarre although my doc said to take it easy until 6 weeks. I just felt so energetic and light. Now spinning is so much easier and I can push harder. Just remember you are not fully healed u til 6 weeks even though you will feel great.
Food: I also LOVE food. Eating cooking preparing cleaning- all of it. But I’m fine with eating smaller amounts. I always try to go for the Protein first but there are times- social events- that I just enjoy what others are eating but in small amounts. I taste deserts. I eat toast and butter sometimes if that’s what I want I have cravings and I get hungry. I’m full enough after I eat a little and that feels great! My rule is that if I’m home or at work I follow the rules to a tee. If I’m socializing I enjoy my life. I don’t feel deprived. My tummy doesn’t allow me to go overboard.
Do what’s good for you and good luck.

Here’s my update y’all!

So today has been a day of long waits... I finally went in, and I woke up to the anaesthetic in the worst possible way - I could not breath - it was half a dream but half real.

Anyway, recovery is completely fine except for gas pain in my chest - now I know exactly what everyone is talking about. Taking tiny sips of drinks, makes me do tiny burps bringing a bit of gas up. My pain is definitely all in the chest area related to the gas...

I am also a smoker - so don’t smoke before this surgery! I know it’s hard but that’s easily the most dangerous thing I can see about this.

It’s 1am here and I had my surgery around 2pm. I’ve been trying to sleep everything off and the staff here have been really good. I’ve only felt well enough for my phone now, but pain killers are ok.

Everyone is different. I gave birth naturally twice, but this chest pain hurts and scares me more, other people are fine post-op.

Once this chest pain subsides, I am sure I will be A ok.

Good luck xxx