Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two month out ..... I'm very down !!!!

I initially lost 30 lbs since my surgery but nothing past 3 weeks. it's really v frustrating seeing the scale at the same exact stupid number everyday !! what can i do ???please help I'm very disappointed :(

Count your calories for a week to make sure you're eating under your TDEE. If that's not the problem then it's just a stall. Stay hydrated and lay off the salt to help clear it.

You are two months out, and almost halfway to goal. You only have 35 more pounds to go! You can expect the losses to slow way down and have lots of stalls (the closer to goal, the slower the losses). You should reach goal by 6 or 8 months postop.

5 hours ago, Dolcy1182 said:

I initially lost 30 lbs since my surgery but nothing past 3 weeks. it's really v frustrating seeing the scale at the same exact stupid number everyday !! what can i do ???please help I'm very disappointed :(

Daily eating? Can't help if I don't know what your eating . But it's also true stalls happen

Edited by dreamingsmall

Try adding exercise. Get a fitbit, and bump your steps by one or two thousand a day.

Take the stairs, park farther out, all that stuff. Consider adding a gym class.

Calories in -vs-calories out....the bigger the deficit, the better your chance for seeing it on the scale. Good luck!

Edited by Creekimp13

30 lbs in 2 months is great! don't give up

I’m 2 1/2 months out and have lost 38 pounds, but 13 of that I lost prior to surgery. I’m barely losing now, for the last few weeks. I liked when I was seeing the numbers drop almost daily, but know that’s not realistic indefinitely. I just want to get to the 40 pound mark which will make me at my half way mark. My son tells me to up my Water intake, especially because I rarely meet my water intake goal. Do you all count tea, and other fluids as “water intake”? I have a crazy busy work schedule so it’s hard to get in exercise in the evenings, but I do try to walk as much as I can.

I count all fluids. Tea, coffee, milk, v8, coconut Water, etc.

Actually I don't literally count fluids anymore. I drink when I think about it or feel thirsty. It's important to count for the first few months, though, to make sure you hit your goals.

I initially lost 30 lbs since my surgery but nothing past 3 weeks. it's really v frustrating seeing the scale at the same exact stupid number everyday !! what can i do ???please help I'm very disappointed [emoji20]

Sounds like a stall. I have hit the 3 month stall. Stay off of the scale it will only upset you. Is your body changing? Did you take measurements? How are your clothes fitting? Are you counting your calories? Drink lots of Water. Don’t get discouraged the weight will come off.

You will again, don’t worry. Keep going :)

it important to change up your routine around a stall. your body will get used to almost anything and then treat that as normal.

if you walk a lot add weights. ankle or 1 pound barbells in your hands.

if you use a treadmill add incline

if you are not breaking a sweat you have gotten used to your old routine and need a change.

i find i have to use a treadmill or i dont maintain a steady fast pace and then i got used to that and had to add more time then incline and then increased speed. i kept getting used to what i was doing.

check you pulse after 30 minutes. you can look up your rec heart rate for you age and see if you are getting there if not you have to adding something to challenge your body or you will stabilize (stall)

I initially lost 30 lbs since my surgery but nothing past 3 weeks. it's really v frustrating seeing the scale at the same exact stupid number everyday !! what can i do ???please help I'm very disappointed [emoji20]

Same here. I was sleeved on 10/11/17 and lost 30 but in the last 3 weeks maybe 2 pounds. Very frustrating

Same here. I was sleeved on 10/11/17 and lost 30 but in the last 3 weeks maybe 2 pounds. Very frustrating

I’m in the same boat! I had my VSG on 10/5/207, and lost 28 lbs in the first 3 weeks and then less than 4 lbs in the last 5 weeks! It’s been super frustrating and discouraging. I’ve been eating less than 850 cal per day, walking 20 min on my lunch break at work, going to the gym for 40-60 min 5 days per week, and getting my recommended Water and Protein. It really sucks :(