Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 10 weeks out from surgery. I am able to eat more now and not so sick but for last 3 weeks I ha e not dropped anything. I get my Protein Shakes in and maybe some Soup and I eat veggies. The meat still upsets my stomach. I do cardio every morning for 30 minutes but nothing else lost. Just dont understand. I have pthers i know that by 3 mo ths down 50 plus but im at 40. I know i know not bad but still not sure why at stall already. Looking for advice.

Sounds like everything is going great! Stalls happen. There is no way to prevent it or stop it. Just go with the flow, stick to your plan, and eventually it'll break. In the meantime you don't have to keep weighing as often.

You can't compare your weight loss to others....

For comparison, I'd lost 33.5 pounds at 3 months out, so you're actually losing at a faster rate than me if you've already lost 40 in 2.5 months.

What matters is the final result: I reached my goal weight and have maintained the loss. Nobody gives a rat's ass how fast or slowly you lost it if you regain it all. Weight maintenance matters more than weight loss.

Good luck to you. :)

I am 10 weeks out from surgery. I am able to eat more now and not so sick but for last 3 weeks I ha e not dropped anything. I get my Protein Shakes in and maybe some Soup and I eat veggies. The meat still upsets my stomach. I do cardio every morning for 30 minutes but nothing else lost. Just dont understand. I have pthers i know that by 3 mo ths down 50 plus but im at 40. I know i know not bad but still not sure why at stall already. Looking for advice.

You will have many stalls and plateaus in you journey and it is just part of the journey. Along the way you will learn to tweak your diet to support weight loss and will identify what works and what doesn’t work and all of that takes times of things not working.

I am almost 5 months out which is nothing compared to some of he vets here but I have learned a lot from their advice that makes a difference. I didn’t believe it when people said they would drop inches and sizes without dropping weight. Or that nothing would happen and then a whoosh of pounds dropped.

Use the plateaus to learn what works and what doesn’t work. And strap yourself in for the process of learning how to maintain your health for the rest of your life. Keep going and don’t make yourself nuts !

A stall is signs that your body has adjusted, What I am finding is that a lot of people who are successful in their weight loss switched up their routine. Maybe workout in the morning vs. the evening. Stop eating certain foods and switch them up.

I am looking at doing the Keto and Paleo diets and switching those up every month or so. I have a set of dice, and every month I will roll it, and if it comes up even then Paleo, and if the dice is odd Keto.

Also, I have to stay around the 900 calories mark to see real change. I have found for me that at 1000 - 1200 calories per day my weight loss slows.

Stay in the game don't give up! That is the key learn and educate yourself and listen to your body it does speak to you.

Doesn't seem bad. I'm right behind you at 5 weeks. I had stall for 2 weeks and then it broke. So, maybe you're at a point where it stalls and will break again. I thought the honeymoon stage ends around 6 months. What does your surgeon and nutritionist say?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

You are at 40 ten weeks, i am 42lbs 12 weeks and my team were happy with me so your doing great. yes comparing is stressful. dont do it. stalls happen. cant be helped aslong as your sticking to your plan.

13 hours ago, Introversion said:

You can't compare your weight loss to others....

For comparison, I'd lost 33.5 pounds at 3 months out, so you're actually losing at a faster rate than me if you've already lost 40 in 2.5 months.

What matters is the final result: I reached my goal weight and have maintained the loss. Nobody gives a rat's ass how fast or slowly you lost it if you regain it all. Weight maintenance matters more than weight loss.

Good luck to you. :)

Thats true. All well an good losing fast, but if you fatten up and dont make maintainance what good is losing fast?When I stall which i havent in awhile as im sick so cant eat lol i look at the fact you lost steady and kept it off and id rather lose steady and keep it off then loose fast and get fat lol

1 hour ago, teedsg said:

Doesn't seem bad. I'm right behind you at 5 weeks. I had stall for 2 weeks and then it broke. So, maybe you're at a point where it stalls and will break again. I thought the honeymoon stage ends around 6 months. What does your surgeon and nutritionist say?

They say it's fine. I don't follow up again until Dec with them. To be honest not very happy with them.

35 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

Thats true. All well an good losing fast, but if you fatten up and dont make maintainance what good is losing fast?When I stall which i havent in awhile as im sick so cant eat lol i look at the fact you lost steady and kept it off and id rather lose steady and keep it off then loose fast and get fat lol

Lol, so true

They say it's fine. I don't follow up again until Dec with them. To be honest not very happy with them.

I understand. It may seem like their not interested in your results, but, stick with your plan and go back to broths for a few days I guess. It will all work out. Maybe go to your nutritionist and maybe reevaluate your levels of stress.

2 minutes ago, teedsg said:

I understand. It may seem like their not interested in your results, but, stick with your plan and go back to broths for a few days I guess. It will all work out. Maybe go to your nutritionist and maybe reevaluate your levels of stress.

Lol, my stress is at levels of no return. I went back to Soups to see what happens with that. I was told to stay away from fruit all together. That seemed odd. I know natural sugar and carbs so that is the only reason I could think of.

Lol, my stress is at levels of no return. I went back to Soups to see what happens with that. I was told to stay away from fruit all together. That seemed odd. I know natural sugar and carbs so that is the only reason I could think of.

I feel your pain with the stress. I go back to work next week and I'm dreading it. I hope the soups does the trick. If not, the break is on the way.

12 minutes ago, teedsg said:

I feel your pain with the stress. I go back to work next week and I'm dreading it. I hope the Soups does the trick. If not, the break is on the way.

Thank you

It’s normal. It’s a plateau, your body will drop it, just stay on course. While you’re not losing pounds, inches are coming off. The pounds will too, eventually. Body is adjusting and will until you hit your goal.