Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok can anyone please help so I'm almost 3 months out on the 24th and I have noticed that I don't get that almost full feeling anymore and I'm able to eat more than I did can your sleeve stretch so early I have been the same way just in small portions please help

Your sleeve isn't stretching. The extreme stomach tightness most of us feel during the first few months post-op is due to healing and the inflammation process. Therefore, most people feel full after a few bites of food in those first few months.

It takes 3 to 6 months for a typical sleeve to fully heal and reach its normal size. Once it heals, your capacity usually doubles from 2 to 4 ounces up to 4 to 8 ounces. This is normal.

The profound fullness you feel in the immediate post-op period doesn't last forever, and it really shouldn't. Surgeon Dr. Matthew Weiner explains it in his YouTube videos.

He says that by the 3rd to 5th year, a typical sleever can eat two-thirds to a full plate of food (8 to 12 ounces). It's not about how much you can eat. Rather, it's about what you eat.

In other words, expect your sleeve's total capacity to continually increase from this point forward. As long as it doesn't exceed 8 to 12 ounces, there's little to worry about.

Good luck to you. :)

Edited by Introversion

Your sleeve isn't stretching. The extreme stomach tightness most of us feel during the first few months post-op is due to healing and the inflammation process. Therefore, most people feel full after a few bites of food in those first few months.
It takes 3 to 6 months for a typical sleeve to fully heal and reach its normal size. Once it heals, your capacity usually doubles from 2 to 4 ounces up to 4 to 8 ounces. This is normal.
The profound fullness you feel in the immediate post-op period doesn't last forever, and it really shouldn't. Surgeon Dr. Matthew Weiner explains it in his YouTube videos.
He says that by the 3rd to 5th year, a typical sleever can eat two-thirds to a full plate of food (8 to 12 ounces). It's not about how much you can eat. Rather, it's about what you eat.
In other words, expect your sleeve's total capacity to continually increase from this point forward. As long as it doesn't exceed 8 to 12 ounces, there's little to worry about.
Good luck to you.

Thank you so much I really thought that this was not normal I have been sooo stressed thinking that I did something wrong that I somehow did something irreversible

Everything is fine! It IS surprising when all of a sudden you can eat more. I'm at 6 months and have noticed a big increase in how much I can eat, seemingly overnight.