Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, WAS going to have surgery Thursday.

13 hours ago, WaywardMama said:

Sorry it's a bit long. I just need to vent :(

I was going to have surgery on Thursday and I got my blood test with some weird readings. My new pcp opens up with "I'm going to ruin your day" uh grrrr. Then proceeds to tell me that my blood test could mean CANCER and he won't approve me. My abnormal tests can be a lot of things (infections , even stress) from what I've researched.

After dropping the cancer bomb Tuesday he told me to call him to remind him to send my surgeon the test and to read it.

So I called when he told me and the receptionists shut me down and told me "well, we can't help you, the doctor is busy" So my husband calls and they supposedly agreed to leave the doctor a message message to fax my gastric surgeon. It's almost 24 hours after that and nothing .

I've been stressing out about cancer and leaving my family. All because this guy just couldn't say "hey we are going to re test you " sigh In a way it's good to find out be what's going on with me but the delivery was horrible. :( :*(

What a tool bag! Terrible manners. Him and his office behaved like they work behind the counter at an auto parts store and they didnt have your spark plugs in stock.

I mean, give me a break. Perhaps you need to deal.with them in person at the counter?

Edited by Killian

On behalf of the medical community in general, I would like to apoligize for how you were treated. That is one of the worst ways to deliver test results to a patient. In any case, these results could point to other things not necessarily cancer. A CBC alone cannot be used to absolutely conclude the presence of cancer. This doctor has no beside manner. So sorry for this treatment you received. Change doctors.

13 hours ago, WaywardMama said:

Thanks, if it was handled better I would have been a different situation for me for sure. Thanks for talking to me. I'm going to try and get this handled asap.

Hoping you've had some good news today; hematologists are awesome, and often blood gets out of balance (along with the rest). I randomly (to me) have all my potassium "fall out" and end up with IVs. Then it's good for another 18-24 months. So praying for a good fix, and accurate results with a plan to move forward!

Wishing you the best and praying. That doctor was a jerk, I have been subjected to a few of them - sometimes I think they pass out extra large egos in med school, and he was probably a jerk to begin with...

My pop was the same way I switched and had no issues he should be more considerate to your feelings and display empathy you are his patient and his feedback means a lot to you get retested and pray because only god has the last say ! Good luck to you

I totally agree with everyone else. You need a new PCP. His Bed side is HORRENDOUS! At this moment you have 2 choices: 1) Ride this episode out and get all of your information from the Hematologist. Or 2) Since he has stalled your surgery, shop for a new PCP so that you can begin this process again with piece of mind now. I am sorry you are going through this. I know what it is like to wait patiently for a DR with horrible Bedside to get the information to me. When I made a decision to let them go, I was much happier for it.

Sent from my LG-H901 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have access to all my blood work/test results on my PCP's website, where I can print them out. Does your office perhaps have something like that? Where we're at you can print a complete "Lucy" Record, which is everything.

Ok sorry for leaving you all hanging. I do not have cancer, that dr was being an arse. I went to a Hematolgoist and my Iron just was super low. I had an infusion and was great. I didn’t get my surgery right away since I had to give my body time to recover from the infusion and then my son has brought home every germ imaginable Lol. So after I’m well from this flu I’ll be going in. Again. Apologies about running off for awhile. That dr had me a mess.

Ok sorry for leaving you all hanging. I do not have cancer, that dr was being an arse. I went to a Hematolgoist and my Iron just was super low. I had an infusion and was great. I didn’t get my surgery right away since I had to give my body time to recover from the infusion and then my son has brought home every germ imaginable Lol. So after I’m well from this flu I’ll be going in. Again. Apologies about running off for awhile. That dr had me a mess.

What an Ass. Hope you do find a new Dr. I’m so happy that you are doing better minus the germs/flu. Better to get that stuff out of the way now so you can have a good recovery after surgery.

HW 270
CW 223.3
SW 242.8
GW 135
DS Surgery date -12-8-17
I’m 42 and 5’2”

What an Ass. Hope you do find a new Dr. I’m so happy that you are doing better minus the germs/flu. Better to get that stuff out of the way now so you can have a good recovery after surgery.

HW 270
CW 223.3
SW 242.8
GW 135
DS Surgery date -12-8-17
I’m 42 and 5’2”

Oh yes,, I’m done with him. Yup, I’m super excited. I’m tentatively having it feb 1st :)

What is causing your Iron to be so low? Please get to the bottom of this question before having surgery.

Edited by Creekimp13

What is causing your Iron to be so low? Please get to the bottom of this question before having surgery.

I had lap band before for almost 10years, two surgeries last year alone, 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed that bled a lot. my Hematolgoist checked everything and it’s just from all that. I’m so much better now after the infusion :) all my numbers in a month alone jumped up.
thanks :) were also keeping an eye on everything every 6 months.