Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

On 11/30/2017 at 8:14 AM, cdealdec said:

That does make us sleeve buddies!!! Yay congrats to you on your approval as well!!! Do you have to do your 2 week liquid diet?

Thanks buddy! no pre-diet for me - just said stay on my reduced plan and don't go crazy the night before - have the last meal a few days before! how about you - liquid pre-diet?

Although I just realized this morning that they had asked me to get an EKG and I missed it. Eek. So I'm hoping since results are instantaneous that I can go get one in the next day or so and keep my 12/7 date. I'm nervous and of course the office is closed. Fingers crossed I keep the 7th too! :(

Edited by Jeannie49

Hi All,

I'm scheduled to go under on 12/29/17 and I couldn't have more mixed emotions from fear to excitement. I'm 24 years old, 5'3", and 235 lbs. If there's anyone who has words of wisdom or simply just wants to share your experiences, I'd be more than glad to hear from you.

Good luck everyone!

- Lee

Ok everyone, surgery in the morning.....I’m excited and nervous! Will post in a couple of days!!

Hey Guys! First time posting...I’m scheduled for the 19th!

Mee too! 12/19 ! It’s getting real ! I start pre-op diet tomorrow!

CW:245
Surgery date :Dec 19, 2017

Good luck to all of the December sleevers.

Make sure you’re not wearing nail polish and all of that when you go in. Pack a loose tracksuit, and make sure you’ve got all of your shopping done for when you get home.

Be prepared for the discomfort for a few days after - the X-ray Fluid made me vomit, which is common, but I am day 3 now and feeling so much better.

No regrets - this is fabulous! I hope it goes well for all of you too.

In my hospital we were all in there for Bariatric procedures, so you may even make some buddies.

I think it’s easy to bond because most of us have struggled with weight for our entire lives, we understand each other and how difficult things can be.

I woke up from anaesthetic feeling like I couldn’t breath, which was scary, but now I feel like I was born again. This literally is the first day of the rest of our lives. We get a second chance at life, to actually enjoy it and feel sexy, healthy and beautiful.

I was crushed after my divorce and piled on 40kgs, and I’m only 35. I want to feel like my life isn’t over and that my ex didn’t break me, and this surgery is helping me take back control of my life.

I so hope it gives all of you the hope and joy that it has me. I am ready to start living again. And yes, I’d be lying if I said I can’t wait for my ex to see my knockout revenge body and see me with my head high again... maybe I’ll even find a new love that respects me and cares about my children too? I feel like anything is possible now.

Much love and blessings to you all! Xxx

Sleeved: 2/11/2017

SW: 209lbs/95kgs

Congrats YM -- what an inspirational post :) you deserve this and everything good that comes your way ...

I do have a question about the nail polish - I didn't know you couldn't wear any? I have such flimsy bendable nails because of major thyroid issues so I have a thickener type stuff on them ..I guess that needs to come off?

Yes - I’m thankful I took it off prior because I was wearing shillac which won’t come off easily. They need to see under your nails to check oxygen and will make you take it off in there. Clear coats are fine though. You can put something back on straight after though if you need to.

Just go in as naturally as possible for the surgery. In my hospital they make you take a quick scrub with antiseptic before you go in. Keep your hair up so it doesn’t get wet.

It’s all very exiting!!! Can’t wait to see you on the other side! :)

The reason you have to remove nail polish is because the anesthesiologist and OR nurses will want to see how your blood is perfusing your extremities. Sometimes they'll pinch your nail beds to make them go white and count the number of seconds it takes them to go pink again. This shows how well blood is reaching your fingers and toes. If you have sluggish capillary refill in your fingers and toes it can mean anything from you being too cold...to being a sign of internal bleeding.

It's a tool that gives them more information about your circulation:)

Mine is at 7:30, I’m the first of the day. I can’t sleep though. I think I’m too nervous. I’m really, really excited. But also super nervous about being put under and having a complication or even of having the surgery cancelled (but mainly the other part). So many thoughts and emotions! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji854][emoji854]

5’6”
25 yo
CW: 256

Mine is at 7:30, I’m the first of the day. I can’t sleep though. I think I’m too nervous. I’m really, really excited. But also super nervous about being put under and having a complication or even of having the surgery cancelled (but mainly the other part). So many thoughts and emotions! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji854][emoji854]

5’6”
25 yo

Good luck girl!!! Yes - those emotions are all relatable! I’m sure you will be fine!!! Can’t wait to see you on the other side. Keep us updated!!! Are you in the US? Not sure what time it is there - I’m in Australia.

Good luck girl!!! Yes - those emotions are all relatable! I’m sure you will be fine!!! Can’t wait to see you on the other side. Keep us updated!!! Are you in the US? Not sure what time it is there - I’m in Australia.

Yes, I’m in the US! It’s 1:00am. I know I need to sleep, especially since I have to be there at 5:30. I just can’t stop reading this forum, my book, and Dr. Google though!

5’6”
25 yo